First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Glatiator Rubicon
Occupation
Programmer
So I just took my JTR over Engineer Pass (Ouray side), Black Bear Pass, and Imogene Pass. I got back to my cabin on Stony Pass. The Gladiator was simply stellar. I have a full review coming soon. All I did was put 35s on stock wheels (no time to change), Tazer JL, and Warn Zeon 10s on the factory steel bumper (we didn't need it, but glad we had it). We picked up a Trail Buddy in an AEV Brute and let me tell you, that thing was awesome. Full tiial report to come, but in the mean time...

What is available to stop a bad person from switching my Zeon 10S to 'Freespool' and stealing my Factor 55 Ultrahook and 100 feet of synthetic rope? Has anyone found a solution for this problem>? Sorry if its been addressed before, but I didn't see it.
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Have you heard of that happening? I agree that it could, but being afraid of things that “could” happen aren’t worth your worry. If need be, but an odd fastener at the end to keep it from being removed from the spool.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
So this could be done but... look how the synthetic line locks into place with a “keystone” on the drum. They would have to know exactly how to get it out “prying leverage” and with all the small space have tiny hands... I’d be more worried about them destroying or taking other items off your Jeep than the winch.

Otter155

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT, 2007 JKU, 2001 TJ
Build Thread
Link
Before I recently lost my license plate to a water crossing, my Factor55 hid behind my license plate. Even now as I wait on a new front plate, I can't see anyone taking the time to unspool the line or cytting the line to get the Factor55 off.

Like sassJT stated, I've been way more concerned with my Ham antenna, or my hi-lift, or my half doors with no bottom screws.

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
Depending on how the release knob is held in, You can remove the roll pin holding the release lever and store the knob with the rest of the winch kit, or replace it with something removable and leave the release lever off the winch until you need it. Some are held by an Allen key and those you can usually just remove.

As above, I honestly wouldn't worry about it.
Sponsored