Sponsored

So I bought one... anyone want to tell me what I bought exactly?

surge101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Well, I've been looking into a Gladiator... I thought I understood the trim levels before I went into the dealership, but I guess I don't know them as well as I thought. I bought a truck anyway because it seemed to have everything I wanted, I am just curious as to what I actually bought.

Anywho, I wanted a Sport S with Max Tow and a hard top. The truck the dealer showed me said "Jeep Gladiator Sport 4x4" on the sticker, no mention of S in the title, however it lists "Customer Preferred Package 24S" as an option and this contains what I THINK is everything that comes on the S trim. Do the Sport S trims says "Sport S" in the sticker title? Or is it just listed as the 24S package like mine is?

To my knowledge from all of the videos I've watched, the Sport S comes with these lights:
2020-Jeep-Gladiator56.jpg

This is my gladiator:
D29Ton8.jpg

I THOUGHT that these taillights indicate that I have a Sport model, not a Sport S.

Can someone help me verify what I bought and what the sticker should say for the Sport/Sport S? I also wanted the Max Tow package, and I was wondering how I can make sure that is what this truck has. I couldn't really trust the dealer since they first told me this was a Sport S, then told me that the max tow was only available on the Sport and not the Sport S(which I know is false) and because of that this is a Sport model. This particular dealer also referred to my Gladiator as a Wrangler multiple times.

If this is indeed a Sport and not a Sport S, what would I be missing on this one that would have came on a Sport S?

Thanks, and sorry for such a stupid post AFTER buying the truck!
Sponsored

hivol13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Gladiator Sport S (Max Tow)
Well, I've been looking into a Gladiator... I thought I understood the trim levels before I went into the dealership, but I guess I don't know them as well as I thought. I bought a truck anyway because it seemed to have everything I wanted, I am just curious as to what I actually bought.

Anywho, I wanted a Sport S with Max Tow and a hard top. The truck the dealer showed me said "Jeep Gladiator Sport 4x4" on the sticker, no mention of S in the title, however it lists "Customer Preferred Package 24S" as an option and this contains what I THINK is everything that comes on the S trim. Do the Sport S trims says "Sport S" in the sticker title? Or is it just listed as the 24S package like mine is?

To my knowledge from all of the videos I've watched, the Sport S comes with these lights:
2020-Jeep-Gladiator56.jpg

This is my gladiator:
D29Ton8.jpg

I THOUGHT that these taillights indicate that I have a Sport model, not a Sport S.

Can someone help me verify what I bought and what the sticker should say for the Sport/Sport S? I also wanted the Max Tow package, and I was wondering how I can make sure that is what this truck has. I couldn't really trust the dealer since they first told me this was a Sport S, then told me that the max tow was only available on the Sport and not the Sport S(which I know is false) and because of that this is a Sport model. This particular dealer also referred to my Gladiator as a Wrangler multiple times.

If this is indeed a Sport and not a Sport S, what would I be missing on this one that would have came on a Sport S?

Thanks, and sorry for such a stupid post AFTER buying the truck!
Those fenders look like what come on the max tow. The tires are bigger and you have the Dana 44s on front and back with the max tow. Your led taillights have the sensors on them so it should have the active safety package as well. Window sticker will tell you more.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Sport S. Sports do not have power windows/ power locks. You have the max tow as evident in the extra lip on the fender protector.

Last edited:

Igan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Rubicon
Here is the difference between the Sport models before available options. I also attached a random Sport S window sticker and it appears there is no S listed at the top on the USA model window stickers anyways.

SmartSelect_20191005-230317_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

SmartSelect_20191006-001120_Drive.jpg

Sponsored

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
The LED taillights are not standard on any of the trims. My Rubicon has the same taillights as your Sport. If you have power windows you have an S. That's the easiest way to tell for the layman.

OP
OP
surge101

surge101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is the difference between the Sport models before available options. I also attached a random Sport S window sticker and it appears there is no S listed at the top on the USA model window stickers anyways.

SmartSelect_20191005-230317_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

SmartSelect_20191006-001120_Drive.jpg
That’s how my sticker is, no mention of the S anywhere aside from the 24S package. So is the “s” not actually a trim level but just a package? It’s kind of confusing that according to the sticker title this is a Sport.

XJ2JTChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S on 35's, Mopar 2" lift, `96 XJ, 97 ZJ, `99 Camaro LS1
I have the sport S with max tow. As mentioned above, the LED tail lights with the reverse light in the middle is an add on for active safety features. Your tail lights with reverse light at the bottom means you simply bought one that doesn't have the active safety sensors. (Don't quote me but i believe that means stuff like lane departure warning and crap like that). My window sticker did not specify sport "s" either. I believe this is normal, as the "24s" you mention is in fact the "s" in question. Again as mentioned earlier, the easy way to tell is power windows. From what i understand, the very base sport model still comes with roll up windows. (Gasp! 33k and no power windows!!! Haha) as for the max tow, it should state under options that you have wide dana44 axles front and rear with 4.10 gears, the proper reciever, /trailer harness plugs next to rear license plate, as well as the wider fender flares. The tires should also be 245/75-17 for max tow if my memory serves me. Congrats on the new truck. You have quite a pair for buying an expensive rig before actually knowing what you wanted is actually part of it or not. Lol.

OP
OP
surge101

surge101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the sport S with max tow. As mentioned above, the LED tail lights with the reverse light in the middle is an add on for active safety features. Your tail lights with reverse light at the bottom means you simply bought one that doesn't have the active safety sensors. (Don't quote me but i believe that means stuff like lane departure warning and crap like that). My window sticker did not specify sport "s" either. I believe this is normal, as the "24s" you mention is in fact the "s" in question. Again as mentioned earlier, the easy way to tell is power windows. From what i understand, the very base sport model still comes with roll up windows. (Gasp! 33k and no power windows!!! Haha) as for the max tow, it should state under options that you have wide dana44 axles front and rear with 4.10 gears, the proper reciever, /trailer harness plugs next to rear license plate, as well as the wider fender flares. The tires should also be 245/75-17 for max tow if my memory serves me. Congrats on the new truck. You have quite a pair for buying an expensive rig before actually knowing what you wanted is actually part of it or not. Lol.
I'm just really paranoid sometimes. I knew I wanted the Sport S because I needed power windows/Locks, I also knew I wanted the Max Tow Package. The sticker on this one listed everything I wanted, and they also gave me the best offer from all the dealers I spoke to, so I took it. The only thing I could see that was missing from what I THOUGHT came on the S was the taillights, which I guess is actually another package entirely.

But since my dealer didn't really know what they were selling me, I didn't entirely know what I was buying (just that it listed the options I wanted) and the way do the sticker seems to be kind of weird, my OCD makes me want to double check everything... so even though my sticker says I have the max tow, I want to now check the tires, check the hitch, check the alternator, cooling, hitch etc, to make sure it's actually there.

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
The rear fender flares give it away for a Max Tow unit. Manual windows would be an instant tell of a base Sport.

Sponsored

ksh67

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Sport S - Ordered 8/7, delivered 9/9
THe "S" in Sport S is just the 24S package. It is just all the most common things folks will most likely want to add to the base truck. S is just a marketing thing not an actual Jeep truck, makes it easy for you to walk in an buy and for them to know what to build. Other companies do this as well, Chevy Silverado has a LT model that they call some kind of Sport thing for advertising but it is still just an LT. Sometimes they vary based on Geography too.

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
I noticed in the Jeep configurator (Build and Price) a Sport model could be option with the 8-speed auto and Max Tow Package, I assumed the Max Tow Package was only available with the Sport S Package.

Last edited:

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Sport S. Sports do not have power windows/ power locks. You have the max tow as evident in the extra lip on the fender protector.
Do those fenders split like rubicon ones?

OP: I see no mention of 4.1 gearing on your sticker

Igan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Rubicon
That’s how my sticker is, no mention of the S anywhere aside from the 24S package. So is the “s” not actually a trim level but just a package? It’s kind of confusing that according to the sticker title this is a Sport.
In the USA they mark marketed the Gladiator as having 4 trim levels. They have the Sport "B" (23B,24B) and they also have the Sport "S" (23S,24S). These two both are both Sport models as they fall under the main Sport JTJL98 designation. Then you have the Overland JTJP98 (23G,24G) and the Rubicon JTJS98 (23R,24R) for a total of four marketed trims in the USA.
Sponsored