Sponsored

Battery Pack Idea for someone with means and knowhow.

Would you buy one?

• Total voters

LewisTake5

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
For me the portable speaker is completely useless and I would never use it. However, something that seems more practical would be a portable battery pack/jumper that is the same dimensions as the speaker and can also take advantage of the charging port so it is always fully charged in case the jeep needs a jump or to help out a buddy. I bought one and have used it exactly 3 times in 4 years. Almost every time however when it comes up, it is less then 50% charged as I don't constantly charge it, thus creating one that would fit in the space and use the built in charger would be ideal.

Of course now that I write this, does the JT come with the charging port even if the speaker wasn't ordered from factory?

What do you all think?
Sponsored

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I think one of the USB battery pack slash jump starters would be much more useful or at least more practical for me. The Bluetooth speaker is a cute idea but hundreds of dollars for a portable speaker that is ultimately going to start having battery issues within 2-3 years (yes a battery jump starter would have about the same life span) when there are multiple "ruggedized" water resistant speakers out there for $100 or less I don't see the value add personally. Now just about anyone who has knowledge of the gladiator one of the first questions I get is if I have the speaker and I tell them I was too cheap to pay for it because I would probably use it less than ten times in the lifetime of my gladiator ownership. But then again I am not a huge fan of bluetooth speakers to begin with as they use more battery on your phone so then your in need of charging your phone so if my phone is in the jeep getting charged then the speaker is once again unusable for me. I am sure some people think it's the smartest idea out there so it's great the option is available for those who want it but I do think there are more financially viable solutions out there.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
But only those with the Alpine sound system have the spot. My behind the seat is wide open from side to side, would have to find where in the wiring where they are hooking in the speaker, and my space is shaped different, larger.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
A store bought one might fit in my non Alpine behind seat, I just need to figure out how to wire it.

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I didn't realize the speaker was only an option for the upgraded audio, that is just more reason to not bother. I enjoy my upgraded system but to make such a deal out of the speaker and only make it available on the upgraded package is a bit ridiculous, it's a bluetooth speaker that doesn't tie into the car audio so what's the point?

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
The ESS battery is already under the hood.. adding a dual battery setup eliminates the ess battery, and upgrades you to be able to jump start your self if the primary battery fails. Why not devise a system to use the ess battery for the same purpose. Even if it was just a remote jump start terminal connected to the ess battery with the jumper cable stashed behind the seat in the b/t location. Thinking of something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Energizer-1-...nt=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-571287537578&psc=1

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I used a quick plug setup to wire my winch. It gives me a port I can use to jumpstart other vehicles, or power high demand items, maybe even a plow. I'm adding an auxiliary battery, behind the right rear wheel, to power the winch and lights. I'm using the same Cole Hersee smart battery Isolator that Genesis uses on their dual battery systems.

BajaDrifter

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I think it would be a great spot for battery pack that could be used for various 12v electrical needs, much like a Jackery solar generator. Be nice to pull it out once you get to your camp site and plug in your 12v fridge. That would have been a better option than that dumb speaker. There are so many small blue tooth speakers on the market already, Jeep didn't need to make another. A 500wh battery pack would have closed the deal for me on that option. There is a wiring hub behind the rear seat there. Take a look at this thread.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...e-rear-passenger-harness-for-12v-power.28260/

Also, people have tried wiring in OEM things on their own, such as the rear bed power inverter outlet, only to find out the computer needs to be flashed or programed for it to work. Still, finding a power source shouldn't be too hard to wire in something there, even if from one of the AUX switches.

So yeah, someone make a 500wh battery pack that fits back there nicely and be charging, would have my money.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I was surprised at how much I liked the BT speaker. I went camping for four days shortly after getting the JT. It ran most of that time, and had very little impact on my phone's battery. It sounds great and fills a camp with sound, without being overbearing or obviously loud. Now I'm glad it's there.

My jumper pack/battery pack has USB-C, so I can just recharge it right in the back seat. Around once a month when I'm checking fluids and other things around the vehicle, I just pop it out and charge it. I suppose it could even be left connected all the time, but that can be tough on some batteries.

brookie0907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ UR 2020 JT Rubicon
Does anyone know how and/or in what order the rear plastic panels can be removed? I'm interested in removing the small storage box against the rear bulkhead, driver's side. It is fastened under the entire vertical panel. Thx
Sponsored