GOBI Gladiator JT Club

GW86

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ8, 2020 Gladiator
Hello everyone. After lot of research and soul searching about trading in my Ram, I put my order in for a Gobi sport with the max tow package Friday, 10/4.

My dealer told me to expect 12 to 16 weeks. But after reading a lot of posts it looks like others' timelines are a lot shorter. I'm wondering if my dealer is just being overly conservative so they don't set high expectations? I didn't order the spray in bed liner, which seems to delay orders. Has anyone gotten more solid information from their dealer/FCA?
Sponsored

Grabberbluemach

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 jku Sahara, 2010 mustang GT, 1970 Mach 1, 2020 gladiator rubicon
Occupation
Designer
I ordered mine on 9/20. Rubicon-auto, soft top, painted flares, steel bumper, saddle leather, 8.4 with premium audio, trail cam, safety group, aux switches, cold weather group, bed utility group, tow package, and spray in bed liner and it was built today. Still probably a couple weeks before I get it I’m assuming though because of final inspections and shipping. I’m only about 1.5hours from Toledo so I’m not expecting a long shipping time.

so yeah your dealers timeline is way off. Even if shipping takes a while I’m looking at like 30-35 days

GW86

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ8, 2020 Gladiator
I ordered mine on 9/20. Rubicon-auto, soft top, painted flares, steel bumper, saddle leather, 8.4 with premium audio, trail cam, safety group, aux switches, cold weather group, bed utility group, tow package, and spray in bed liner and it was built today. Still probably a couple weeks before I get it I’m assuming though because of final inspections and shipping. I’m only about 1.5hours from Toledo so I’m not expecting a long shipping time.

so yeah your dealers timeline is way off. Even if shipping takes a while I’m looking at like 30-35 days
Awesome! I'm in Wichita, KS so not terribly far. Hopefully she'll get here just in time for Christmas.

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester

I ordered on 9/20 and I checked yesterday and still in D1. Hopefully I see movement soon.

65qi88

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Renegade, 2020 JT
Just put my order in on 10/9/19. Rubicon 6-MT with black hardtop, cold weather group, LED lighting, tow package, aux switch package, premium radio and 8.4 inch screen, cargo mgt group. Added in slush mats and top headliner also.

Sales manager said it could take anywhere from 30 to 90 days to get it.

Here's a couple things I noticed --
1) sales manager could not order the bed liner so he put in the order without it and said they'd just add that at the dealership. He said it was greyed out on the screen so it couldn't even be selected.

2) the tow group and the premium radio are both $100 dollars more than the Build and Configure section of the Jeep website (at least for me anyway).

This was my first custom order since the 1980s so I wasn't sure of the process. Basically, we did a bill-of-sale so he could put the order in. I made a deposit and we signed a few pieces of paper regarding my credit and JT price. I am making a 2-for-1 trade-in so my 2015 JKU and my wife's 2010 Ridgeline will be traded in for the JT and they had the trade-in's listed on the Bill of Sale. It was like going through all the motions to buy a new truck but leaving the dealership with nothing. :) In theory this should speed up the final paperwork when the JT comes in, or so they say.

Sponsored

GW86

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ8, 2020 Gladiator

2) the tow group and the premium radio are both $100 dollars more than the Build and Configure section of the Jeep website (at least for me anyway).
.[/QUOTE]

That's odd about the pricing. I added the max tow package and it was the same $995 as the website. Well, before my discount anyway. My MSRP matched my build on the website, but maybe there was an update to the pricing since then? My salesman told me the website builder is a nice tool, but it's usually the last thing to get updated when new options, colors, prices are changed.

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
Just put my order in on 10/9/19. Rubicon 6-MT with black hardtop, cold weather group, LED lighting, tow package, aux switch package, premium radio and 8.4 inch screen, cargo mgt group. Added in slush mats and top headliner also.

Here's a couple things I noticed --
1) sales manager could not order the bed liner so he put in the order without it and said they'd just add that at the dealership. He said it was greyed out on the screen so it couldn't even be selected.

This was my first custom order since the 1980s so I wasn't sure of the process. Basically, we did a bill-of-sale so he could put the order in. I made a deposit and we signed a few pieces of paper regarding my credit and JT price. I am making a 2-for-1 trade-in so my 2015 JKU and my wife's 2010 Ridgeline will be traded in for the JT and they had the trade-in's listed on the Bill of Sale. It was like going through all the motions to buy a new truck but leaving the dealership with nothing. :) In theory this should speed up the final paperwork when the JT comes in, or so they say.
It seems that Jeep has been messing with prices over the last week or so. Some options increasing by $100 here and there. And charging for paint on some colors.

I have the same purchase agreement with my dealer. What my JT will cost, my trade, taxes, tags, etc. Makes me feel better that there will be no surprises.

65qi88

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Renegade, 2020 JT
I have the same purchase agreement with my dealer. What my JT will cost, my trade, taxes, tags, etc. Makes me feel better that there will be no surprises.
Yeah, me too. I was surprised at a higher than expected trade-in value. That's going to help me out a lot. The JKU really holds its value. It's the first vehicle I've ever owned that hasn't tanked it's value over the years.

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
So, back in the spring when I got serious about ordering a Gobi I started looking around at what mods I would do. It will be my daily driver so I'm not going 40s and tons but I may go 35 but not right away. I was looking at wheels and thought I stumbled upon a hidden gem when I found the Black Rhino armory wheels in the sand color. Figured they would look great on the JT. Fast forward about 4 or 5 months and now if I didn't know better I would think the Armory wheels were the only factory option on the JT lol. I still like them but I'm not sure I want to be part of the new "Fuel" generation. Anybody else thinking about the Armory wheels for their Gobi?

Sponsored

Sandbox20

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 1980 CJ5
So, back in the spring when I got serious about ordering a Gobi I started looking around at what mods I would do. It will be my daily driver so I'm not going 40s and tons but I may go 35 but not right away. I was looking at wheels and thought I stumbled upon a hidden gem when I found the Black Rhino armory wheels in the sand color. Figured they would look great on the JT. Fast forward about 4 or 5 months and now if I didn't know better I would think the Armory wheels were the only factory option on the JT lol. I still like them but I'm not sure I want to be part of the new "Fuel" generation. Anybody else thinking about the Armory wheels for their Gobi?
I like a couple of the Black Rhino wheels but they have some bad reviews for rusting around the bolts. Down here in south Texas plastic and stainless steel rust so I started looking at other options

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
I like a couple of the Black Rhino wheels but they have some bad reviews for rusting around the bolts. Down here in south Texas plastic and stainless steel rust so I started looking at other options
I did read somewhere, I think on here, that they changed vendors for the decorative bolts on the Armory wheels and expect them to hold up better.

Sandbox20

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 1980 CJ5
I did read somewhere, I think on here, that they changed vendors for the decorative bolts on the Armory wheels and expect them to hold up better.
I think I am going to go with the XD 132 RG 2 and put some Gobi color on it...

20191012_211437.jpg

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
i would get Fifteen52 Analogs and powdercoat them Gobi.

-6lug-asphalt-black-16x7-5-1000_1200x1500_crop_center_ac64048b-fa8f-4e7e-98b6-2a86f2fb4e23_2048x.jpg

fourlow78

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'77 J10, '20 Gladiator Rubicon, '62 Ford Fairlane
Vehicle Showcase
i would get Fifteen52 Analogs and powdercoat them Gobi.

-6lug-asphalt-black-16x7-5-1000_1200x1500_crop_center_ac64048b-fa8f-4e7e-98b6-2a86f2fb4e23_2048x.jpg
I like that idea. I'm still tossing around the idea of running a full set of the steel spare wheels, either leaving them black, powder coating Gobi, or powder coating white. Low on my priority list, but I do sit and think about it.
Sponsored