Getting wires through the firewall grommet

fivegrain

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I have a Sport S and a few weeks ago I installed the Mopar LED headlights. The headlights work fine, but I never ran the additional wire harness to make the halo DRL’s work. I’m trying to do this now. The instructions say to run this through the grommet in the firewall in the passenger side footwell.

The problem is that I can’t get a coat hanger through the grommet (from the footwell) and out the other side (in the wheel well.) Hanger goes through the grommet but seems to run into something instead of coming out in the wheel well. I’ve probably poked 4 different holes trying to find an angle that actually gets past whatever it’s getting hung up on.

Anyone have experience running wires through here? Any tips or words of wisdom?
Sponsored

Soccermike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JT GCMLE '19 JLU '08 JKU
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I have a Sport S and a few weeks ago I installed the Mopar LED headlights. The headlights work fine, but I never ran the additional wire harness to make the halo DRL’s work. I’m trying to do this now. The instructions say to run this through the grommet in the firewall in the passenger side footwell.

The problem is that I can’t get a coat hanger through the grommet (from the footwell) and out the other side (in the wheel well.) Hanger goes through the grommet but seems to run into something instead of coming out in the wheel well. I’ve probably poked 4 different holes trying to find an angle that actually gets past whatever it’s getting hung up on.

I have poked several wires through the grommet using a hanger. I have always started from the engine side.

Punkngladiator

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma gone soon 2020 gladiator on its way
I did but I think it is a double wall grommet. I found if you poke it in the left side and poke up it will go through both. I think you are hitting edge of the grommet or the wire itself.

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT

Sorry I am late to the party here is what I used...

https://www.amazon.com/Performance-...nt=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-568579130573&psc=1
Sponsored