Signs the JT Market is Softening?

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Post here how you see the market getting softer for the Gladiator. Increased inventory, deeper dealer discounts, FCA promotions, etc.

For example, here in Lexington, KY the local dealer's website has 18 JTs listed! About 8 of them seem to be Launch Editions.
Sponsored

Papalecki

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
The Glad I bought, in October had a state inspection (done at the dealer at delivery) in July. Sat on the lot for 3-4 months.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
FCA dealer told me the Rubis sell quickly and everything else has been slow. From what I saw on his lot, plus 20 units, only 1 was max tow.

88mmm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland, 911 TT
I was able to get 5% under invoice with affiliate pricing on a Gladiator that was sitting on the lot here in NY. It had been there for a while. I think we'll see more dealers willing to bargain in the near future. Just go in showing them what you can get from other dealers and they will be willing to talk.

Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator Signs the JT Market is Softening? {filename}

Considering that first deliveries really didn't start until late May, and there hasn't been a marketing campaign started until recently, the 100k per year sales target looks achievable without rebates or advertised discounts. With average sales in the $50k range, by even the most cynical people trolling this forum, the JT is a success.

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
FCA dealer told me the Rubis sell quickly and everything else has been slow. From what I saw on his lot, plus 20 units, only 1 was max tow.
My sales guy called me yesterday when he saw the rig getting an oil change. I asked him how sales were going. There are ALOT of JTs in my area, I see at least one or two everyday, with about 10 total right around me. He said similar. Cannot keep a Rubicon in stock, sports with Max Tow move, and no one is buying the overlands.

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
I had seen somewhere that there was a hold on dealer ordered rubicons (not customer order) and I haven't seen any new rubicons in my area in transit. Anyone know if this is going on or when it will let up?

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
My sales guy called me yesterday when he saw the rig getting an oil change. I asked him how sales were going. There are ALOT of JTs in my area, I see at least one or two everyday, with about 10 total right around me. He said similar. Cannot keep a Rubicon in stock, sports with Max Tow move, and no one is buying the overlands.
This meshes with what I have noticed and also how I will be buying.
My local dealer has one black Rubicon (that I really want) and one billet silver overland. I think the overland has been there since the beginning. They sold their other sports and rubicons. They seem to keep a low amount of gladiators overall, never going over 4 on the lot total. I don't see overlands moving at all.

Papalecki

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
There will be geographic pockets where sales will be strong. This thread - https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/why-did-you-buy-your-gladiator.21909/
about 50% said they are buying the Glad - "Just because" That means people will over pay BUT it also means people can be patient - and wait things out.

The sales report is interesting - I don't know in what quarter, a jeep or a wrangler or even cars in general, sells best - I would think 3Q. 16,000 units in a quarter is not great, but it's not terrible. I didn't know, until I read the post, that FCA's plan was to sell 100,000 this year.
I also agree, the models will level out - some will sell, some will not, and FCA will adjust production and offering based on actual data. Dealers will also adjust their inventory.

Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
16,000 units in a quarter is not great, but it's not terrible. I didn't know, until I read the post, that FCA's plan was to sell 100,000 this year
Actually, it’s not this year. FCA’s plan is 100k per year total production, YoY. Also, 16k with supply shortages (steel bumpers, front cameras, etc.) and a first year launch, is very good. Compare to Ford’s Ranger US introduction of a much cheaper platform, the JT is doing just fine.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, it’s not this year. FCA’s plan is 100k per year total production, YoY. Also, 16k with supply shortages (steel bumpers, front cameras, etc.) and a first year launch, is very good. Compare to Ford’s Ranger US introduction of a much cheaper platform, the JT is doing just fine.
Ford enjoyed a 5 mo. head start and, let's face it, they sell large numbers to fleets and entry level buyers. No where near an average of $50k sale.
Jeep Gladiator Signs the JT Market is Softening? {filename}

Papalecki

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
They’ll hit 100k easy. Probably within 18-24 months. And they’re making margin on the glad because they don’t sell many fleet

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT
Too much fear mongering on this forum...I will tell you to sit back, relax and enjoy the ride...

Never worry about things you have no control over and you will be happier in the end...

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I will say the Sales Manager of the dealership, has been there over six years (eternity in the car business), purchased a white JT Rubicon. They have everything at his dealership as it is a very high volume dealer in the Dallas area and that is what he picked as a personal vehicle.
Sponsored