First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
New drive shaft going in next Friday. Glad to get this done and over with.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RH 67

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Also having the thicker front inner fenders installed at the same time.

OP
OP
RH 67

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
warranty thing I am guessing?
Yes. Received my letter from FCA yesterday. The dealers are getting one drive shaft a week i`m number two at my dealer.

Jeepdude413

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Job.... always got a job...
Scheduled for the 23rd. Gonna get pics of “monoblock” if allowed .

Sponsored

Jeepdude413

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Job.... always got a job...
Dropped off at 9:30 and still here at 10:30. Was watching the removal from about 30 yards because of not being allowed in shop for obvious reasons.... noticed dead blow hammer being used for removal. Old drive shaft out...few shop personnel show up and converge by rear axle... a few shrugs from different ones and then the vice grips come out....as well as a spray can of what appeared to possibly be some type of penetrating oil/break free...one guy, two guys, three guys later...”Something is broke” saying to my self while adding some adult descriptive words... more shop personnel arrived to look at it and all walked away after what appeared to be “words of wisdom” passed amongst them... came back inside to customer lounge to cool down and make post. Thinking one of the bolts that secure the driveshaft to the pinion yoke has gotten snapped off... MTF

###update. About 20 minutes went by after the above and was told JT was all better. Service advisor never mentioned any issues so being the inquisitive type that i am, i asked if any thing got/was broken during the process and he responds “not that i was told”. So i asked it i could get pictures of “monoblock” that was not greased, was told no. So i asked if someone could tell me the specifics of the part of the DS that was “ungreased” and after talking to 5 different techs, including shop foreman, not one person new WtF was ungreased. They could only say” we just order and replace as per the recall. We don’t know anything else”. Do tell!!! Anyways, the recall has been completed, new hardware was installed and i did crawl up under and check things out before i left. Think that pissed’em off as well. I just wanna know the affected part so i can be better informed, not to cause hate and discontent. Someone, somewhere knows.

Last edited:

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Brutal. Keep us updated!

ih800a

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator RLE, 1970 International Scout 800A
Vehicle Showcase
Dropped mine off this morning for the replacement driveshaft and picked it up this afternoon with no problems. The driveshaft was a 'special order' for them and took just a few hours.

b02169

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Got mine replaced in one day, as well as some sort of front splash guard recall

OP
OP
RH 67

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Got mine replaced in one day, as well as some sort of front splash guard recall
Sounds like they also replaced the front inner fenders, good for them that they did that. Most dealers will only do it if requested.

Reactions: Sal

Sponsored

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Dropped off at 9:30 and still here at 10:30. Was watching the removal from about 30 yards because of not being allowed in shop for obvious reasons.... noticed dead blow hammer being used for removal. Old drive shaft out...few shop personnel show up and converge by rear axle... a few shrugs from different ones and then the vice grips come out....as well as a spray can of what appeared to possibly be some type of penetrating oil/break free...one guy, two guys, three guys later...”Something is broke” saying to my self while adding some adult descriptive words... more shop personnel arrived to look at it and all walked away after what appeared to be “words of wisdom” passed amongst them... came back inside to customer lounge to cool down and make post. Thinking one of the bolts that secure the driveshaft to the pinion yoke has gotten snapped off... MTF

###update. About 20 minutes went by after the above and was told JT was all better. Service advisor never mentioned any issues so being the inquisitive type that i am, i asked if any thing got/was broken during the process and he responds “not that i was told”. So i asked it i could get pictures of “monoblock” that was not greased, was told no. So i asked if someone could tell me the specifics of the part of the DS that was “ungreased” and after talking to 5 different techs, including shop foreman, not one person new WtF was ungreased. They could only say” we just order and replace as per the recall. We don’t know anything else”. Do tell!!! Anyways, the recall has been completed, new hardware was installed and i did crawl up under and check things out before i left. Think that pissed’em off as well. I just wanna know the affected part so i can be better informed, not to cause hate and discontent. Someone, somewhere knows.
I THINK the monoblock is also called the carrier bearing. it is the "U" shaped section somewhere along the middle of the driveshaft. I dont own a gladiator so I am just going from memory on other posts here.

OP
OP
RH 67

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
New drive shaft along with new inner fenders replaced last Friday, all is good.
Sponsored