Sponsored

Hole in the Rock Trail run with Lite Brite and Others.. We broke!

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone,

We have two BoH Trails done, this run was amazing, here are is the video and some pictures of the run!

Bo22H - Hole in the Rock.jpg
BoH - 55Hole in the Rock.jpg
BoH - Hole in th000e Rock.jpg
BoH - Hole in the Rock.jpg
IMG_0436.jpeg
IMG_0437.jpeg
IMG_0737.jpg
Sponsored

jsyn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Very cool! Can you tell us more about what broke? Did it slow you down afterwards since you couldn't repair, only remove?

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Very cool! Can you tell us more about what broke? Did it slow you down afterwards since you couldn't repair, only remove?
thank you, yes the rear sway bar mount ripped apart... Jeep used Press Nuts to hold it to the frame, that is a really bad idea, they should have used gold old normal bolts, if they did this would have never happened... Jeep is at the dealer, and their techs have to re-weld the bracket and fix this, if they cant, then i will use a normal bolt and nut on it, but this is something that will break on all lifted JT if not corrected.. This should have never happened, and its not caused by the lift, just bad design.

ucijeepguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, LJ,
It doesn't look like the actual hole in the rock road, but an actual trail? I remember going there about 10 years ago and it was slightly more than a fire road. Either it's eroded like crazy or not maintained or something. Or maybe a
different "hole in the rock"?

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It doesn't look like the actual hole in the rock road, but an actual trail? I remember going there about 10 years ago and it was slightly more than a fire road. Either it's eroded like crazy or not maintained or something. Or maybe a
different "hole in the rock"?
hole in the rock road and trail are two different places. We did the trail was amazing

Sponsored

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Looks like a good time. So was that the rear sway bar endlink mount that broke? Was that specific to your lift or is that the factory mount? I ask because I haven't received my JT yet, so I can't go look myself.

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like a good time. So was that the rear sway bar endlink mount that broke? Was that specific to your lift or is that the factory mount? I ask because I haven't received my JT yet, so I can't go look myself.

Factory part / mount location

JCstud21

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Do you like the rims you chose? I was looking at those exact ones and was wondering if you would recommend them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you like the rims you chose? I was looking at those exact ones and was wondering if you would recommend them.
rims have been good , we beat on them as you ca. See from our videos. Would we buy again ? Yes but prob differ r brand tires

JCstud21

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
rims have been good , we beat on them as you ca. See from our videos. Would we buy again ? Yes but prob differ r brand tires
Awesome! I was thinking of going with Nitto Ridge Grapplers, as that seems to be the popular choice here in Southern WV......hope it works out! Thanks for the info!
Sponsored