First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
The Pro-X would line right up for you, not having the cross-talk of the track bars will make desert runs much more comfortable as the chassis isn't side shifting like it does in a conventional setup. The triple rate front coils and quad rate rears are great for high speed runs as they have a heavy bottom out section that helps to "catch" the vehicle on its way to a G-out situation. With some good quality shocks, you'll have a great time bombing across a desert.
Do you happen to have a photo of the Pro-X on the Gladiator. I saw it at the Off Road Expo but my mind is a little fuzzy on how it looked.
Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Across the board, we do not include bumpstops on kits that do not include our shocks. We do this because not all shocks will have the same compressed dimensions and there is no "one size fits all" for bumpstops when dealing with the variability of shock compressed dimensions. We are happy to help you plan bumpstops based on the shocks you want to run, but not including them leads us to this conversation where we can make sure that what you get will meet your needs.
Understood and thanks! I appreciate you addressing bumpstops in this thread :)

The Pro-X would line right up for you, not having the cross-talk of the track bars will make desert runs much more comfortable as the chassis isn't side shifting like it does in a conventional setup. The triple rate front coils and quad rate rears are great for high speed runs as they have a heavy bottom out section that helps to "catch" the vehicle on its way to a G-out situation. With some good quality shocks, you'll have a great time bombing across a desert.
THIS is why I'm going with your Pro-X suspension system!

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 JT Rubi, 2020 JT Sport Hemi Swap, 2021 JT Rubi Diesel
Do you happen to have a photo of the Pro-X on the Gladiator. I saw it at the Off Road Expo but my mind is a little fuzzy on how it looked.
These photos were in my cell phone, its pouring right now so this is the best I have at the moment.

IMG_2977.jpg

IMG_2978.jpg

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
These photos were in my cell phone, its pouring right now so this is the best I have at the moment.

IMG_2977.jpg

IMG_2978.jpg
Thanks! Do threads need to be tapped for the two bolts holding the Pro-X or are they threaded?

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! Do threads need to be tapped for the two bolts holding the Pro-X or are they threaded?
There are 4 holes, they are drilled and tapped from the factory in an M10-1.5 (IIRC), we recommend upsizing them to 1/2"-13, the Pro-X kit includes a drill bit and tap for 1/2"-13.

Edit, just realized the springs in the pictures are the pre-production springs, production is different, both functionally and visually.

Sponsored

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
There are 4 holes, they are drilled and tapped from the factory in an M10-1.5 (IIRC), we recommend upsizing them to 1/2"-13, the Pro-X kit includes a drill bit and tap for 1/2"-13.

Edit, just realized the springs in the pictures are the pre-production springs, production is different, both functionally and visually.
Cool thanks.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Yeah, springs looked upside down.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Jeep Rookie

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet

LeftCoast32

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sting Grey
Vehicle Showcase
I plan to do the RK JL Adventure 4 Link Long Arm on the front and the JT Pro-X No Limits on the rear with Fox Shock and Air Bumps.

Altex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 M3, 89 964, 2020 Gator JT
That is obvious but that is a reference number. Some say the EVO 2.5 is actually 3-4, some complain that it didn't achieve 2.5, same with MC and RK. Also some lift the front more than the rear, some lift equal.
That being said, looking for a response from RK to verify their approach...
Thanks
interested in real world lift amount as well.. 80% sure I want to order the pro-x. What is the lead time as to receiving the lift after we order?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I plan to do the RK JL Adventure 4 Link Long Arm on the front and the JT Pro-X No Limits on the rear with Fox Shock and Air Bumps.
Care to explain why you’re building your own lift with the components you mentioned?

Why air bumps (and Fox!) - you gonna do high speed off raiding?

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is obvious but that is a reference number. Some say the EVO 2.5 is actually 3-4, some complain that it didn't achieve 2.5, same with MC and RK. Also some lift the front more than the rear, some lift equal.
That being said, looking for a response from RK to verify their approach...
Thanks
Its a tough question to answer, as everyone's vehicle is outfitted differently. Easiest way to lay it out is, on a bone stock RUBICON, we gain 3.25" in the front and make the rear match with 1/2" of rake in the vehicle overall so that you can still carry weight in the bed. If you don't plan to load the jeep often, you can add a 1/2" spacer to the front to make the jeep sit truly level. On a Sport or Overland, you'll gain the difference between their stock height and a rubicon's stock height plus 3.25". As you add bumpers/winch/armor etc, you can plan to see a nominal 3" of lift on a Rubicon
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.