Sponsored

Adding Auxiliary Switch Kit

JK4AER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2003 TJ Rubicon
Posted in Electronics but haven't gotten any responses...trying here...

So probably the option I wish I would have added most was the Auxiliary Switch Kit. Fortunately, it looks like you can buy it from Quadratec and other sites.

The install looks pretty straightforward. My question is that I just want to confirm that the required post-install computer flash will work with the 7" Uconnect? Or is there something specific to the 8.4"?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Malarkey21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1993 BMW 325is, 2016 Triumph Street Twin
The flash will work with the 7".
upload_2019-10-2_9-35-33.png

The guys over at Extreme Terrain have a pretty good video of them adding to a Sport JL

Punkngladiator

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma gone soon 2020 gladiator on its way
I did it to mine itā€™s a really easy install with a quick flash from the dealer who should do it for free. I bought from the dealer as they beat everyone elseā€™s prices. And yes I have the 7ā€ display

OP
OP
JK4AER

JK4AER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did it to mine itā€™s a really easy install with a quick flash from the dealer who should do it for free. I bought from the dealer as they beat everyone elseā€™s prices. And yes I have the 7ā€ display
Thanks! Will the switch work at all without the flash? Wasn't sure if the flash is only really needed to configure on/off settings.

Sponsored

Punkngladiator

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The flash allows the computer to know it there and it will show up in your screen. Otherwise it doesnā€™t exist to your truck

Scenario

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
a quick flash from the dealer who should do it for free.
Good luck with that. Ron Tonkin Jeep in Portland (where I just bought my Gladiator) tried to charge me $229 for this after their Service scheduler webpage showed $59. I waited for 1h50m only to be told their flashing equipment was down. They also refused to simply pop my plastic fender rivets back in for less than a $59 minimum. All of this should have taken 30 minutes of labor max. I wound up leaving and will never go back there.

I called another dealer and they demanded $165. A third said it ā€œstarts at $130.ā€ This is highway robbery. Is there any other way to get this done?

Last edited:

JT_Jeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Rubicon, 2016 Husqvarna FE350S
Sorry to hear that I got mine done for free
I ordered this a few days ago. I found a youtube video from someone else showing the install on a JL . After install and flashing with the Tazer all is well. I will find out for sure on Sunday.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JK4AER

JK4AER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good luck with that. Ron Tonkin Jeep in Portland (where I just bought my Gladiator) tried to charge me $229 for this after their Service scheduler webpage showed $59. I waited for 1h50m only to be told their flashing equipment was down. They also refused to simply pop my plastic fender rivets back in for less than a $59 minimum. All of this should have taken 30 minutes of labor max. I wound up leaving and will never go back there.

I called another dealer and they demanded $165. A third said it ā€œstarts at $130.ā€ This is highway robbery. Is there any other way to get this done?
My dealer said the same thing...thus I haven't done it yet. May just get an SPod for just a little more and more functionality.

Scenario

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealer said the same thing...thus I haven't done it yet. May just get an SPod for just a little more and more functionality.
I let @JeepCares know I wasn't happy with this gouging. They came close to accusing me of voiding my warranty so I had to remind them they are selling these kits with no such warning. A couple hours later my dealer emailed me and offered to do it for $100. That's pretty much the tipping point between buying a Tazer or not.

Punkngladiator

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thatā€™s too bad you guys are having so much trouble. Shitty dealerships. I know the parts manager pretty good so he helped me out. Did it after hours.

Scenario

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thatā€™s too bad you guys are having so much trouble. Shitty dealerships. I know the parts manager pretty good so he helped me out. Did it after hours.
This particular dealer, Ron Tonkin Jeep in Portland, has a shop rate of $170 per hour. And that tells you all you need to know.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I let @JeepCares know I wasn't happy with this gouging. They came close to accusing me of voiding my warranty so I had to remind them they are selling these kits with no such warning. A couple hours later my dealer emailed me and offered to do it for $100. That's pretty much the tipping point between buying a Tazer or not.
Hi @Scenario,

If you are referring to our Twitter conversation, I would like to clarify that there was no mention of warranty in our message exchange. I stated that as the Customer Care Team, we cannot provide advice regarding aftermarket accessories (defined as any features added to the vehicle after rolling off the factory line) and I recommended following up with your dealer for the inquiry.

Additionally, all dealers are independently owned and operated, and therefore we do not have influence over pricing.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Sponsored