Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Good comparison.
The zr2 was my other choice but the cheap plastic interior and limited view out the front made me go for the Gladiator.
Plus it is much more capable off-road with the exception of high speed desert runs which is difficult to do in Virginia...

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Diesel
Occupation
Retired AF
I tried to like the ZR2. Purchased a ZR2 Bison and literally 3 weeks later, switched to the Gladiator. Mine is not even a Rubicon and I’m here to tell you, it provides many more smiles and a hell of a lot better ride quality. The ZR2 feels like junk when you hit bumps.

Airmousam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
The ZR2 feels like junk when you hit bumps.
Have never seen or heard that comment, I think the ZR2 swallows the bumps with ease with the dssv shocks....and ride quality is usually mentioned as a high point in the reviews I’ve seen over the years...I love the JT but ride quality on the Sports I’ve driven has been harsher than the ZR2...

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Diesel
Occupation
Retired AF
Have never seen or heard that comment, I think the ZR2 swallows the bumps with ease with the dssv shocks....and ride quality is usually mentioned as a high point in the reviews I’ve seen over the years...I love the JT but ride quality on the Sports I’ve driven has been harsher than the ZR2...
That was my experience. Very harsh... Jolts you in situations where the Raptor or the Gladiator won’t. I think it’s smoother than a Z71 Colorado for sure overall, but it’s not well sorted on road IMO. I’m used to a softer feel over the firm feel
Sponsored