Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepgladiatorforum.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator Launch Edition 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 Ram Rebel
Vehicle Showcase
So I was sitting in the drive thru this morning and the kid in front of me left the window before he got all his order. I saw this and sat still. He put his 4 runner in reverse backed up to the window got the rest of his order and proceeded to try to pull forward at full throttle while his 4 runner was still in reverse. He smacked by steel bumper pretty hard. Scratched it up but take a look a look at his 4 runner! Everyone is ok but I have a feeling the kids parents are not gonna let him drive for a while

IMG_20191022_073651.jpg

IMG_20191022_073636.jpg

IMG_20191022_073620.jpg
Sponsored

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
LWOL . . . Laughed Way Out Loud

at the Yota damage, not yours. Hope you get a new bumper...

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gene26

Gene26

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
LOL... #SteelIsReal. BTW I'd be checking your trackbar and other low-down items where his steel hitch-ball might have dinged you...
My son is a master tech at the jeep dealership. He is taking it to work and going to give at good once over and get the body shop to get me an estimate for the kids insurance. Right now from the ground I will get anew bumper, a new light bar, a new warn bar and possibly a new skid plate. All are scratched but nothing terrible.. steel bumper well worth the money

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
So I was sitting in the drive thru this morning and the kid in front of me left the window before he got all his order. I saw this and sat still. He put his 4 runner in reverse backed up to the window got the rest of his order and proceeded to try to pull forward at full throttle while his 4 runner was still in reverse. He smacked by steel bumper pretty hard. Scratched it up but take a look a look at his 4 runner! Everyone is ok but I have a feeling the kids parents are not gonna let him drive for a while

IMG_20191022_073651.jpg

IMG_20191022_073636.jpg

IMG_20191022_073620.jpg
glad everybody is okay so I can say That is hilarious! look at that toyota. DAMN:jk:

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
My son is a master tech at the jeep dealership. He is taking it to work and going to give at good once over and get the body shop to get me an estimate for the kids insurance. Right now from the ground I will get anew bumper, a new light bar, a new warn bar and possibly a new skid plate. All are scratched but nothing terrible.. steel bumper well worth the money
if I lived closer to you I’d offer to buy that slightly used steel bumper from you!

Sponsored

Jeepdude413

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Job.... always got a job...
Could u please ask ur son what the part is
could u please ask your son what the un-greased part of the driveshaft is on the JT that caused issuance of the recall? Just had mine replaced and u would think i had 3 heads when i asked for someone to tell/show me the part that was not greased. Thanks

OP
OP
Gene26

Gene26

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Could u please ask ur son what the part is

could u please ask your son what the un-greased part of the driveshaft is on the JT that caused issuance of the recall? Just had mine replaced and u would think i had 3 heads when i asked for someone to tell/show me the part that was not greased. Thanks
He said it would look at recall and let me know. I will post when he does. He thought the directions of the recall were to replace the drive shaft vs any in shop greasing.. but I will let you know

Jeepdude413

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Job.... always got a job...
He said it would look at recall and let me know. I will post when he does. He thought the directions of the recall were to replace the drive shaft vs any in shop greasing.. but I will let you know
That is correct, just to R/R driveshaft. I am trying to find out the actual component on the ds that was not greased. For no other reason than personal knowledge. :jk:

kndrewa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 XJ, 2015 A3

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The front bumpers on these JL/JTs in general are tougher than they look. I saw a guy with a regular Sport bumper who had hit a deer at 70 MPH. It bent the end of the bumper around, loosened the fender clips, and scratched the driver side door a bit (I assume as the deer spun down the side of the Jeep) but that was about it. It all looked very easily fixable at a body shop.
Sponsored