STING GRAY Gladiator JT Club

bhbdvm

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon, 2016 BMW R1200GS
How do you like that cold air intake? I installed a K&N and pulled it out because it sound like a puking dog.
Personally i'm going with the Amp Powerstep XL. It has a rocker/slider style but the step disappears when not used. It also covers the pinch weld unlike the other Powersteps. This would not be the best option if you were using the steps as true sliders all the time while wheeling but I like them because they look like a rock slider but also have the step. One important note that I learned that in the Gladiator the XL model does NOT extend another 3 inches down as stated on their website. On other models is does extend further down but NOT on the Gladiator according to their technician at AMP. He was very clear about this because the website is confusing.
Sponsored

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
How do you like that cold air intake? I installed a K&N and pulled it out because it sound like a puking dog.
I like it - I have had aFe's on all my Jeeps. The truck doesn't make much noise so you definitely hear the intake more than on some cars. I personally like the sound when its pulling in masses of air....I know its doing its job. I have gone away from K&N over the years. They are a great company but I have found others I like more. JLT is my favorite but they are very limited. I have their parts on my SRT.

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Personally i'm going with the Amp Powerstep XL. It has a rocker/slider style but the step disappears when not used. It also covers the pinch weld unlike the other Powersteps. This would not be the best option if you were using the steps as true sliders all the time while wheeling but I like them because they look like a rock slider but also have the step. One important note that I learned that in the Gladiator the XL model does NOT extend another 3 inches down as stated on their website. On other models is does extend further down but NOT on the Gladiator according to their technician at AMP. He was very clear about this because the website is confusing.
I have looked at them but MAN they are expensive.

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Yeah, they look aggressive, I like them. I am in the same boat with these JCR's they could show up and I might not like them. I have to get something though my 8 and 12 year old are struggling to get in with just the Rubi Rails right now with the 2" lift and 37's at 6' its a bit of a hop for me too!

I guess if they show up and we don't like them we can always ship em back.
I actually JUST called Quadratec and cancelled the order on my JCRs. I checked their site this morning and they have added some already from when I looked a few days ago. The search goes on!

Jeep Rigg

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT-RU Sting Gray, 2014 Toyota 4-Runner
What I like the best about them is that they are connected to the rail in only one spot. But that’s also where I would like some more detailed pictures. It appears that where it connects the step tubing is like a trapezoid kinda shape giving a larger surface area to weld to the main rail piece. However, as long as they used a heavy enough gauge of steel they should be plenty strong. I guess I’ll find out.

Now I’m just worried I blew my load early and some really dope steps are going to get released at SEMA in a couple weeks. Whatever, as long as they look half as cool in person as the picture I’ll be happy.

I originally considered going with a 90’s theme with the Gladiator by getting the old school Lund nerf bars, the double tube front bumper/push bar, the double tube roll bar in the bed with retro chrome KC lights with yellow KC covers and 15” wheels. Then I realized 15” wheels won’t clear the brakes and that killed the whole idea.
At a dealer up in Michigan. Pretty close to I think what you might have been thinking. I have mixed emotions about how it looks.

Screenshot_20191023-173041_QuickPic.jpg

Sponsored

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Decided to go with these rock rails from Fab Fours....a little pricey but I think it will keep a very aggresive look on my truck. Should be here in 2-4 days. Will post once installed.

Screenshot_20191023-190957_Chrome.jpg

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
It's been a while since I put in a plug for my Sting-Gray badges. I have these made as a service to the community. I don't really make money off of them. They are $18 each ($36 for a pair) shipped in the US. $6.50 extra per order for Canada.
003-jpg.jpg

Details are here: Sting-Gray Badges

Relentless_Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JTR
Occupation
Fabricator
officially part of the club. Ordered it Sept 11th, arrived monday, dealer prepped yesterday and went and signed tonight after work. Excited to get started on the first mods and get it off road. Wife wanted a picture with it before leaving the dealer
IMG_6242.JPG

IMG_2880.JPG

Sponsored