Evo Mfg 2.5" Overland Lift Installation

shockerracing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 @MojitoJeep JL & 2020 @NeonGladiatorJT
Excellent write-up, I actually completed 90% of my kit yesterday(with lots of help) and I agree that the instructions could have been better. The parts and components are amazing, but the bag of bolts and washers that is just labeled "Enforcer Parts" made it very hard to determine which nuts, bolts, washers went to each piece. Other than that, the only big snag I came across was related to the new shocks. I can't wait to get mine out on the road.

OP
OP
smoverland

smoverland

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
Excellent write-up, I actually completed 90% of my kit yesterday(with lots of help) and I agree that the instructions could have been better. The parts and components are amazing, but the bag of bolts and washers that is just labeled "Enforcer Parts" made it very hard to determine which nuts, bolts, washers went to each piece. Other than that, the only big snag I came across was related to the new shocks. I can't wait to get mine out on the road.
Yes, the labeling could have been better. I like to organize everything by location (Passenger Front, for example) before starting, and the generic bag of hardware made that pretty difficult/confusing.

Can't complain about the end result, though!

shockerracing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 @MojitoJeep JL & 2020 @NeonGladiatorJT
Yes, the labeling could have been better. I like to organize everything by location (Passenger Front, for example) before starting, and the generic bag of hardware made that pretty difficult/confusing.

Can't complain about the end result, though!
Agreed!

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package

Sponsored

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Thanks for the write-up. I am in need of more lift for the kinds of trails that I run on a regular basis. So, not a sport truck guy looking for "the look". That said, this lift looks to be a viable option. Plus, you retain the stock shocks until the time comes that some $$ is saved up for some Kings.

Have the Pats conformed to the road,or do they still wander? I drive ~80mi/day, so driver responsiveness, braking and long-term comfort are important.

Next question: Part# of lift/price?
Also, where to you mount your fridge/freezer?

OP
OP
smoverland

smoverland

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
Thanks for the write-up. I am in need of more lift for the kinds of trails that I run on a regular basis. So, not a sport truck guy looking for "the look". That said, this lift looks to be a viable option. Plus, you retain the stock shocks until the time comes that some $$ is saved up for some Kings.

Have the Pats conformed to the road,or do they still wander? I drive ~80mi/day, so driver responsiveness, braking and long-term comfort are important.

Next question: Part# of lift/price?
Also, where to you mount your fridge/freezer?
We've taken it on some decent, rocky trails and have no complaints so far. Saving the money on shocks until we can afford Kings (or Falcon releases their 3.3s) is a nice perk, for sure.

The Pats are great on-road. If the pavement is noticeably grooved, they'll have a tendency to pull, but that's just the curse of big tires. They're wearing evenly (I've settled on about 28-30 psi) and are surprisingly quiet. Off-road, they're incredibly sticky. The softer compound is obvious.

The only driving adjustment I've had to make is my awareness of how wide the truck is now due to the offset of the wheels (-12mm). It still responds and brakes well. Looking into steering stabilizers to lessen driver fatigue on longer highway drives, but it's truly not necessary.

We haven't moved the fridge/freezer from the JKU to the JT yet, but we have a few mounting options in the work. They should be available early next year, so stay tuned if you're interested!

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
My install will happen on Saturday. I have help coming from a professional suspension installer coming to my house. On Friday, I will pull all of the steering and suspension off of my Gladiator and have it on jack stands ready to go Saturday morning. Once the lift is installed, we will pull the front driveshaft and install the Adams 1350. The 38" Pats don't arrive at WalMart until next Wednesday. Tire mounting,balancing and frontend alignment will be later next week.

The outcome that I am hoping for will be better clearance and to be able to run the same trails that I have enjoyed for years with my TJ Rubicon with long arms and 35's. The stock setup is too low for my liking and is not practical for even the easiest desert and mountain trails.

BAJA CALIFORNIA!!!
r2bmJdb.jpg

ULtHBd1.jpg

YkvUEdB.jpg

Joshua Tree National Park
rjPsVI9.jpg

soEY9H8.jpg

7VRpS7C.jpg
Sponsored