Sponsored

JeepRealtor’s Launch Edition build thread, late start...

JeepRealtor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thekashatteam.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (Bright White), 2019 Ford Expedition Limited Stealth Package (Magnetic)
Occupation
Realtor
Just installed 37/12.50R17 BF Goodrich KM3’s mounted on 17” AEV Borah Wheels in Satin Black Finish with the Protection Ring in Silver on my Launch Edition this evening, with no lift installed. I am debating on keeping the Protection Ring Silver, Or painting it, probably Bright White, or possibly Satin Black, or maybe even Red. So far, I’m considering the Mopar Lift and the AEV 2.5” lift that’s supposed to be released in February. I’m also oven for suggestions.

To date, additions/mods include...
-Mopar Enhanced Rock Rails
-Mopar Premium Soft Top
-SpideWebShades 1-Piece Front/Rear Mesh Screen
-Mopar Front/Rear Grab Handles
-Mopar Slush Mats
-Mopar Black Door Sill Guards
-Maximus-3 Winch Plate
-Warn Zeno 10S Winch
-Maximus-3 Centered Hawse Plate
-Maximus-3 Classic Hoop
-Maximus-3 Flag Mount
-Maximus-3 Light Bracket
-IPF 900 Series 8” LED Driving Lights (recently warranties/replaced)
-Tazer Mini (on order)

I will use this thread to periodically journal my build, hopefully adding some good content.

In the mean time, here’s a teaser shot of my Rig after just mounting the new shoes and a couple other random shots.

Thanks!

538B939A-3062-438B-AB7C-3BE64F6CA569.jpeg

65A0D375-E9D5-4B92-ACB8-CE44D31117D8.jpeg

2ABA7F94-59F2-4E0B-8FD7-07E29974F783.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
Looks good! I would keep the rings silver.

Sponsored

JonRJackson

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Can you give details on those wheels such as backspace/offset? I’m looking at doing the same. Thanks

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
watching, I'm wanting those wheels but in Onyx with the silver rings. Would REALLY like to see a photo shot directly down the side. Here in PA the edge of the tread must be under the furthest part of the fender or flare. As long as it barely tucks in it's OK. Also you running the bead lock ring or simulated?

Nice look!

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Nice build!

How do you like the rock rails? Does it replace the original rock sliders?

OP
OP
JeepRealtor

JeepRealtor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thekashatteam.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (Bright White), 2019 Ford Expedition Limited Stealth Package (Magnetic)
Occupation
Realtor
Can you give details on those wheels such as backspace/offset? I’m looking at doing the same. Thanks
Not sure of the exact wheel specs, they’re available online. I know they are 17 x 8.5. The tires are BF Goodrich Mud-Terrain KM3’s in size 37/12.50R17 D-Load Rating. They are not a tru 37” tires. I measured them to about 35.5”. The ride was surprisingly really good before balancing them and super smooth after road force balancing them at Discount Tire. I will eventually put on either a 2 or 2.5 inch lift.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepRealtor

JeepRealtor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thekashatteam.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Realtor
Nice build!

How do you like the rock rails? Does it replace the original rock sliders?
I like them way better then the factory rails, my kids can now get in and out on their own, and since the ride height changed just from the ‘tis, I use them myself, to get in and out. I am waiting to see if/we’ll ROAM Offroad releases theirs if I will change them out or not.

OP
OP
JeepRealtor

JeepRealtor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thekashatteam.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Realtor
@JeepRealtor How is the drive on the KM3s? I plan to get the KM3s but 35's and not 37's.
Go with the 37’s, they aren’t true. My “37’s” measure at about 35.5.
The “35’s” probably measure closer to 34’s. although, if you do the 35’s, you probably will be fine without a lift.

OP
OP
JeepRealtor

JeepRealtor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thekashatteam.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Realtor
watching, I'm wanting those wheels but in Onyx with the silver rings. Would REALLY like to see a photo shot directly down the side. Here in PA the edge of the tread must be under the furthest part of the fender or flare. As long as it barely tucks in it's OK. Also you running the bead lock ring or simulated?

Nice look!
I think the tread itself “barely” comes past the fender flares. Most aftermarket wheels actually stick out more then the AEV’s iirc. I don’t like that look, no offense to anyone that does. I’ll snap a pic and upload it over the weekend.

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I think the tread itself “barely” comes past the fender flares. Most aftermarket wheels actually stick out more then the AEV’s iirc. I don’t like that look, no offense to anyone that does. I’ll snap a pic and upload it over the weekend.
I have the Pintlers, same +25 offset. The flat part of the tread is pretty much right at the fenders at the widest spot directly above, the sidewalls stick out. Looks like more because of the gnarly bits on the sidewalls.

20190922_134732-jpg.jpg

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
Perfect, thanks. Borah's on order with some Milestar Patagonia MTs
Sponsored