Sponsored

Gladiator broken into!

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I've had bear problems from July through September for years. This year with the new Gladiator, I put a motion-activated alarm that flashes lights and makes a bunch of noise outside the Jeep's shelter. It might have worked. No bear sign anywhere around the Jeep but one did leave a few pawprints on my girlfriend's vehicle awhile back. Confession: I usually have a bag of Cheetos in the Gladiator.

I made a video of the first bears I saw this year...then started chasing them all away after I got tired of shoveling bear crap. I shoveled over 70 piles one day. Here's the vid: https://vimeopro.com/perpetualimages/personalvideos/video/349780435
Sponsored

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
I've had bear problems from July through September for years. This year with the new Gladiator, I put a motion-activated alarm that flashes lights and makes a bunch of noise outside the Jeep's shelter. It might have worked. No bear sign anywhere around the Jeep but one did leave a few pawprints on my girlfriend's vehicle awhile back. Confession: I usually have a bag of Cheetos in the Gladiator.

I made a video of the first bears I saw this year...then started chasing them all away after I got tired of shoveling bear crap. I shoveled over 70 piles one day. Here's the vid: https://vimeopro.com/perpetualimages/personalvideos/video/349780435
Cool Video - thank for sharing!

Sponsored

Jeepdude413

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Job.... always got a job...
It was only Yogi getting candy for booboo... guess Ranger Smith has a crime to solve. No more picanic baskets for them!!!

surge101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S

The thought of Cheeto dust in my gladiator gives me anxiety.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The thought of Cheeto dust in my gladiator gives me anxiety.
I won't allow eating in my WJ or my Silverado - any scent of food, let alone crumbs, causes MICE to want to get in. Once they do.... that's it.
My SX4 sits in a tight climate controlled shop and so far there's never been anything larger than a wasp in there - no mice. I don't allow food in my shop, either. Not even for myself. None. Those little beasties can sense a crumb a mile away and with winter coming on...........

So - want to keep critters out? A good start is if that vehicle has never had food in it, don't ever allow anyone to take ANY food into it ever, period. That's a good start.

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Good to know ... Bear Approved! Was it a black or brown bear? Anyone up for tgetting theirs Grizzly approved???? :LOL:

SD Gladiator

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 1989 XJ,
If you have bears in your area, don't leave anything that smells in your vehicle even with the doors locked. Black bears have been known to rip doors open.

Sponsored

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Good thing we have the right to...bear arms...

seriously, how does a bear open the friggin door?

SD Gladiator

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 1989 XJ,
They get their claws into the crack of the door and rip it open. They are very strong.
Sponsored