GATOR Gladiator JT Club

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
I don't mean to criticize but this seems to be going around. I don't think anyone, including Jeep, said Gator was green. It seems everyone assumes that but no where does it say "Green". If you watch the wayout video clip Mark Allen says " a color with the least green we could do"
I agree, but consider . . . he said the word 'green'. That naturally will stick in folk's minds. The configurator showed green. The John Deere 'Gator' is green. Concept vehicles are often one-offs in equipment and/or colors. Since the configurator was wrong, some people were gonna be unhappy. Had it been correct, those that wanted a greener hue would have been unhappy as well. The disgruntlement is perfectly understandable, IMO.

Personally, I'm still on the fence between Gobi and Gator, while the wife prefers Hydro now that it's out (she didn't like the configurator blue!). I want Saddle seats, so will wait (and prolly have to travel) to see them with Gobi and Gator.
Sponsored

Robieman

First Name
Robie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford F150; '20 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Is it possible to give a post multiple likes? I'm with you man, i am so tired of all the complaints. I think the color is fantastic!

I posted these images in another thread. If you saw the Wayout concept, you should not be surprised by the color.

Gator_Gladiator.jpg

Gator_Gladiator_2.jpg
Plus the Gladiator Flyer deal that Jeep dealers had. There was a picture in it of a Gator, that looks like the Wayout one.
I like this color, and would have liked the darker one too!

Gladmonkey

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
POS Sierra 1500 soon to be Gator Gladiator
It's just the kid in me that always wanted a green Jeep whining.To be fair I'm reserving judgement until I see it in person as pics can certainly lie. IMO though, 95% of the wayout pics look like OD green, the configurator is another story entirely. I was just expecting and had my heart set on green, which it's not, so there's a level of disappointment there. I'm back to debating colors when I want to be moving forward with a purchase so I can dump my POS Sierra

MeanMachine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon JT
I ordered 3-piece hard top. Premium sound, 8.1 screen, leather seats, auto, cold weather group, cargo track, spray liner, blind spot sensors, aux switch, steel front bumper. Can’t remember anything else. I know I checked pretty much everything on the Jeep build function on Jeep website except smokers package, adaptive cruise control and bed cover.
it seems all the "loaded" color matched Rubi's are stuck - I'm still in I - have been for 5 days...

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
I agree, but consider . . . he said the word 'green'. That naturally will stick in folk's minds. The configurator showed green. The John Deere 'Gator' is green. Concept vehicles are often one-offs in equipment and/or colors. Since the configurator was wrong, some people were gonna be unhappy. Had it been correct, those that wanted a greener hue would have been unhappy as well. The disgruntlement is perfectly understandable, IMO.

Personally, I'm still on the fence between Gobi and Gator, while the wife prefers Hydro now that it's out (she didn't like the configurator blue!). I want Saddle seats, so will wait (and prolly have to travel) to see them with Gobi and Gator.
I get all of that. And I certainly am not saying anyone is wrong for being disappointed. I still believe that the configurator color looks pretty close to the pictures of the Gators out of direct sunlight. But it still is not a good representation. I like the color myself. If someone can convince a Gobi owner to swap color matched hard tops it would be cool. I am not convinced though that Gator would look good on Gobi. I haven't gotten mine yet but from all the pictures I am happy with my choice of Gobi. I think I would have liked Gator though.

Sponsored

end_star

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'78 Datsun280z, "19 Alfa Giulia Q4
I get all of that. And I certainly am not saying anyone is wrong for being disappointed. I still believe that the configurator color looks pretty close to the pictures of the Gators out of direct sunlight. But it still is not a good representation. I like the color myself. If someone can convince a Gobi owner to swap color matched hard tops it would be cool. I am not convinced though that Gator would look good on Gobi. I haven't gotten mine yet but from all the pictures I am happy with my choice of Gobi. I think I would have liked Gator though.
you would also need to change your epic name

Trev775

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Is it possible to give a post multiple likes? I'm with you man, i am so tired of all the complaints. I think the color is fantastic!

I posted these images in another thread. If you saw the Wayout concept, you should not be surprised by the color.

Gator_Gladiator.jpg

Gator_Gladiator_2.jpg
America in 2019. People are arguing online about hues of Green on what is a luxury off-road vehicle. I was nervous about the green represented on the website. Happy they toned that down to a very neutral color. But at the same time it’s very unique and will be a fun color. Mine is on a train steaming to the west coast. Should have it in about 7-8 days.

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
you would also need to change your epic name
Part of the reason for picking the name was to keep me from folding and getting another color instead of waiting. Although it seems I wasn't as original as I had thought. My son spied this a few weeks back.
Attach26724_20191005_181636.jpg

end_star

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'78 Datsun280z, "19 Alfa Giulia Q4
Part of the reason for picking the name was to keep me from folding and getting another color instead of waiting. Although it seems I wasn't as original as I had thought. My son spied this a few weeks back.
Attach26724_20191005_181636.jpg
Need to take out the imposters

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
a great idea (possibly yours) poorly executed in his case . . . Sharpie?

Sponsored

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
a great idea (possibly yours) poorly executed in his case . . . Sharpie?
I think that is just the image quality. He sent it to me in a text. Pretty sure it is vynal outline.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
America in 2019. People are arguing online about hues of Green on what is a luxury off-road vehicle.
#firstworldproblems
Its my truck, and I want it MY way!

I can understand folks disappointment, but others love it. Can't wait to see one in the wild!

Scouser

First Name
Devlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator ordered 9/21/19, Delivered 11/15/19
Occupation
Props, Costumes and lots of paperwork
Hope some of you folks share some good news today. I need to share in some other's happiness. I am... still... in JB status...Day 9...