But what if I didn't like their coffee?

CarolinaGladiator

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 High Velocity JTR
Those surveys are pass/fail for the dealers so they are under incredible pressure.
If even one thing is not a 10 it counts against them.
It's ridiculous because 10 is labeled as "truly exceptional"
My sales guy took the time to explain this: much better process than bribery/holding service hostage.
LOL my dealer is screwed then. Nothing got better than 7 and that was for "How easy was it to drop off your vehicle?"
Sponsored

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Offer to sell your survey to your dealer or their competitors for the highest price! I should do this, I have not filled out my recent JT purchase survey yet.

Edit: this may be a some good bargaining leverage, tell the sales person give me a good price and I will let you fill out the survey.

Last edited:

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Offer to sell your survey to your dealer or their competitors for the highest price! I should do this, I have not filled out my recent JT purchase survey yet.
Great idea. Apparently this dealer believes the price of top marks is negotiable, so let's negotiate!

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
LOL my dealer is screwed then. Nothing got better than 7 and that was for "How easy was it to drop off your vehicle?"
It appears you honestly filled out your survey using your opinion, not swayed by your dealer or the excitement of a new vehicle.

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
Been happening for years...across all brands...no big deal
I am sorry but I don't subscribe to this theory. It might be happening in a lot of places but the question here is are you willing to partake in the sham - I definitely will not. There are other ways to coax a perfect score by providing better service and nudging the customer towards the perfect score but not a quid pro quo situation. I just wouldn't lie for a handful of oil changes but that is just me. YMMV

Sponsored

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT

Edit: this may be a some good bargaining leverage, tell the sales person give me a good price and I will let you fill out the survey.

I am not sure how you would/could sell the survey to another dealership...

Chrysler sends them out and the VIN is tied to both the buyer and selling dealer...

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT
:like:

I took it that way but there are those on the forum that believe all that they read...

just wanted to make a clarifying remark to that effect...

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
The dealers want good reviews because I think they must get some kind if kick back from FCA dealers are more worried about their reviews than anything else take another make of auto to the dealership for anything and you automatically will be sent a survey or a review
The reviews are tied to the CSI scores which have a lot of influence on various areas of the business. Manipulating them by "bribing" or even requesting that you give a good score is very dishonorable and pretty much ruins the whole point of the system. I would definitely report any dealer who does this sort of thing or has their salesmen request that you give them a good review. Answer the surveys honestly, it has the potential to make a bad dealer change their ways.
My dealer didnt offer any of these. Sales rep did clarify that anything less than 10 would be considered failing and affect his year-end bonus from Jeep.

giskard

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW i3s
Pretty much every dealer I've purchased/leased a new car from has asked for the perfect review. As others have said, anything short of a perfect 10 typically has real consequences for the dealer. This is mostly the fault of the manufacturers. They've essentially set up a system where it is nearly impossible to get real, honest feedback from your customers. Unless they really screw something up I usually just submit the perfect marks.

Trying to hold your free maintenance hostage is out of the norm, though. I haven't seen that one before.

Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Pretty much every dealer I've purchased/leased a new car from has asked for the perfect review. As others have said, anything short of a perfect 10 typically has real consequences for the dealer. This is mostly the fault of the manufacturers. They've essentially set up a system where it is nearly impossible to get real, honest feedback from your customers. Unless they really screw something up I usually just submit the perfect marks.

Trying to hold your free maintenance hostage is out of the norm, though. I haven't seen that one before.
Is that the standard maintenance being held hostage (warranty) or extra stuff.

Tried getting some free perks from my dealer when I bought saying other folks are getting oil changes and such complementary. He said they werent free, the dealer includes the cost one way or another to the buyer. I didnt argue, had already gotten my car and from a dealer too far to drive to regularly (only an hour away)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
To be clear: I don’t mind a dealer asking for perfect scores, or even saying “If you don’t think you can give us perfect scores, let us know now and we’ll make it right.”

But this ain’t that. This is just bribery.
Agree 150%
I bought a new car hauler and as I was getting ready to leave (I already liked the guy) he said "if you are happy with our price and service, let folks know - if you have any problems please let me know so we can try to make it right"
And I did exactly that - had a problem, I let him know - he gave me three options - one was bring it back and I'll get you another one or I'll come pick that one up".
I took the trailer over to him, showed him the problem and he had another ready to go - he'd contacted a district rep for the company and had that rep bring him a trailer!
That was service - he apologized for my inconvenience. I told him his attitude made up for my inconvenience and that I was still a happy camper. And I am.
Had he said "free tires for life" and then said "give me a perfect rating so you get your tires" - I'd have had a real fit.

OP
OP
Sespe

Sespe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
So in a follow-up email, he states that this is not just the Jeep Wave program, but 2 years of free service. But, only if I rate 10 on every category. Frankly, I would truly rate them near 10, but not quite. Now, I want to rate them at zero's and take my maintenance elsewhere.

CarolinaGladiator

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 High Velocity JTR
Jeep wave program IS two years of service, is it not?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase