First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Rubicon, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I am looking at this kit for my Gladiator.

https://offroadonly.com/shop/on-board-air/york-mini-on-board-air-kit-wrangler-jl-2018-up-3-6l/

I contacted ORO and they said yes it will fit a Gladiator and no one has installed one yet (that they know of).

I have an ORO onboard air system on my TJ and I love it, It can fill my 35s from 9 to 35 lbs in about 4 mins. But that kit is driven by the serpentine belt.

I was wondering if anyone here has experience with this kit on a JL??

Thanks
Kent
N6WT
Sponsored

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Thanks @N6WT

I also had a OBA on a past TJ, I did not realize there was a kit available for the 3.6 JL/JT.

Humm $1049

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks @N6WT

I also had a OBA on a past TJ, I did not realize there was a kit available for the 3.6 JL/JT.

Humm $1049

That would go well with the $1,000 fridges and the $1,000 aux batteries! :facepalm:

CarolinaGladiator

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 High Velocity JTR
You cant take it with you!
Nope, but I can spend it on other stuff.

To each their own but $1000 just to inflate tires seems excessive to me. A 12v portable compressor will serve my needs and it will only take a few more minuets. Happy Trails!

Sponsored

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Portable compressors are virtually as fast as OBA. Pop the hood, clamp it to the battery, and you're in business. I travel with lots of guys with OBA and I'm maybe two minutes behind them when we air up. Plus, you can take your portable compressor to your new rig! I've had my Viair for 9 years now.

I do believe in buying a quality compressor. My 400P has been terrific.

https://www.viaircorp.com/portables/400p

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Portable compressors are virtually as fast as OBA. Pop the hood, clamp it to the battery, and you're in business. I travel with lots of guys with OBA and I'm maybe two minutes behind them when we air up. Plus, you can take your portable compressor to your new rig! I've had my Viair for 9 years now.

I do believe in buying a quality compressor. My 400P has been terrific.

https://www.viaircorp.com/portables/400p

Personally I'd rather build my own CO2 tank (no need for the mega-buck$ Powertank). Air up faster than any pump (but carry a pump backup)

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...d-up-with-no-letdown.25457/page-5#post-448373

bedrack-11-jpeg.jpg

bedrack-14-jpeg.jpg

Last edited:

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I just ran across this York kit.. I am quite intrigued.

I am kind of an air compressor snob & was resistant to adding an electric onboard air system because I am so used to my large quantities of air at home (21ish scfm from a compressor I put together using some old & some new parts on just a little 30 gallon tank). And then with the Onboard air finding someplace acceptable for the compressor itself given so many stories of overheating in the engine bay & I really really dont want it in the cab (under the passenger seat is already taken) and the skid plate options are out as I already have a full length skid so I would have to mount to it & quite frankly its a pain to get above it. Adding ARB's so I need some sort of air & already ordered the mount from the banned place for the single arb figureing it would be good enough for the lockers.

But now nearly double the output & engine driven sounds really fantastic. Has anyone actually installed it yet. I read through the JL wrangler forum thread about onboard air & nobody there had feedback either.

OP
OP
N6WT

N6WT

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Rubicon, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I just ran across this York kit.. I am quite intrigued.

I am kind of an air compressor snob & was resistant to adding an electric onboard air system because I am so used to my large quantities of air at home (21ish scfm from a compressor I put together using some old & some new parts on just a little 30 gallon tank). And then with the Onboard air finding someplace acceptable for the compressor itself given so many stories of overheating in the engine bay & I really really dont want it in the cab (under the passenger seat is already taken) and the skid plate options are out as I already have a full length skid so I would have to mount to it & quite frankly its a pain to get above it. Adding ARB's so I need some sort of air & already ordered the mount from the banned place for the single arb figureing it would be good enough for the lockers.

But now nearly double the output & engine driven sounds really fantastic. Has anyone actually installed it yet. I read through the JL wrangler forum thread about onboard air & nobody there had feedback either.
I was going to install this in my JT. I even went as far as ordering it. I decided to return it. I just felt it was overkill for what I was planning to do with my truck.

I do have the Kilby York Compressor Kit in my TJ and love it. It is on a bracket under the alternator.

I went with the dual ARB compressor in this kit.
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...kg-arb-compressor-w-grimm-offroad-bracket-kit

It is in the engine compartment. It has a heat shield so I am hoping the compressor lasts being next to the CAT.

GL 73
Kent
N6WT
Sponsored