Sponsored

Mopar 2" lift, what is your dealer charging for install?

MDC74

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TRD Pro Tundra
So, I may be ordering a loaded out Sting-gray Rubicon JT next month and I'd like to get the Mopar 2" lift installed prior to delivery. I'm curious to know, from those of you that've had it installed by your dealer, what they are charging you for the labor to install this kit?
Thanks
Sponsored

NORDNDED

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2016 JKUR, 2015 JKURHR, 2015 F150, 1973 Ford Bronco
I was quoted $2100 installed.

Brandon W. Snyder

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be: Gladiator Launch Edition, Rubicon Recon, 02 Wrangler
Occupation
Law Enforcement (Deputy) Veteran
Install it yourself and save the cash! There are plenty of YouTube videos to do this and the directions are pretty concise. Up to my first install of a lift I had never did it before and it wasn’t as bad as I had thought it would be. Took me 2.5 days the first time alone on a JK. Must haves; floor jack, jack stands, torque wrench, wood blocks, mechanics tool set. You’ll enjoy it more having done it yourself! 0.02

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
I would save money and get a quality kit in 2-3 months.

Mopar kits are too much for what they give you. Quality is essential for lifts and steering components.

Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I cannot agree with that statement. I think that the guys who designed the suspension system to begin with are qualified enough to design and build a quality system. In fact, I have never had an aftermarket suspension system live up to the build quality of the OEM equipment. There are tons and tons of older Jeeps out there still running the original equipment without problems whereas after 4-5 years almost every aftermarket system needs new seals and bushings. Not based on any particular studies or anything, just my personal experience and observations in the 30+ years I have been messing with off road vehicles.

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Diesel
Occupation
Retired AF
I cannot agree with that statement. I think that the guys who designed the suspension system to begin with are qualified enough to design and build a quality system. In fact, I have never had an aftermarket suspension system live up to the build quality of the OEM equipment. There are tons and tons of older Jeeps out there still running the original equipment without problems whereas after 4-5 years almost every aftermarket system needs new seals and bushings. Not based on any particular studies or anything, just my personal experience and observations in the 30+ years I have been messing with off road vehicles.

As a very seasoned Jeep owner that has done plenty of modding and such, I’ll 99% back that statement. The only reason I didn’t say 100% is AEV. But they are pretty much OEM like, since they spend a LOT of time testing their products (hence why you don’t see a rushed lift kit available yet)

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Install it yourself and save the cash! There are plenty of YouTube videos to do this and the directions are pretty concise. Up to my first install of a lift I had never did it before and it wasn’t as bad as I had thought it would be. Took me 2.5 days the first time alone on a JK. Must haves; floor jack, jack stands, torque wrench, wood blocks, mechanics tool set. You’ll enjoy it more having done it yourself! 0.02
100% agree with you.
Very rewarding doing it yourself not to mention you gain a better understanding of how your Jeep's suspension works plus the money savings. I got tired of having to troubleshoot other's shoddy work so I installed my first lift on my JL Wrangler. I've done 3 more Mopar kits on JLs plus a Rancho kit on my daughter's JK Wrangler and the Daystar 1.5 leveling kit on my JT. I'm not a mechanic and never worked on cars growing up and for me it was very doable. Each successive time I've done an install it got easier.
But to answer the original poster's question about cost, it should cost no more than $400. Anymore than that I'd say they are ripping you off.

Sponsored

freebird_78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Just did mine. 4.5 hrs, with the wife handing me tools and beer. And that was taking my time, torquing every bolt to spec, marking with a paint pen, etc.

A "mid torque" mini cordless impact saves a TON of time. Well worth the $150 I spent on mine (without battery).

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Just did mine. 4.5 hrs, with the wife handing me tools and beer. And that was taking my time, torquing every bolt to spec, marking with a paint pen, etc.

A "mid torque" mini cordless impact saves a TON of time. Well worth the $150 I spent on mine (without battery).
Which mini impact did you go with?
When I did my JL I used a breaker bar to loosen the control arm bolts but tightened using a torque wrench. That was a lot of work, especially laying on my back.

freebird_78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Which mini impact did you go with?
When I did my JL I used a breaker bar to loosen the control arm bolts but tightened using a torque wrench. That was a lot of work, especially laying on my back.
I have a bunch of Makita cordless tools already, so I stuck with that. XWT15.