First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
Posted on the other thread above, but I bought these sensors from Ebay hoping to leave the original sensors in the stock. Says they are for the JT. Part #68464656AA. Anyone know it these will work before I mount up my new wheels with them. If not I'll return them.

Screenshot_20191103-193043_Samsung Internet.jpg
I bought aftermarket on Amazon for mine and they programmed themselves within 15 minutes of driving, no issues. They were listed for 2018/2019 JL
Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hello Everyone,
Our team has finally received an update regarding this. There will be a process released to retrofit this feature. As of now, it is expected in Q1 of 2020. This is all the information we have received at this time, however, we will be sure to update you if anything new is released.
Alex
JeepCares

double J

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon
I added a matching wheel and a tire sensor from dealer as per vin. This would allow 5 tire rotation. The Jeep picked up the sensors signal and displayed air pressure But selectable air fill alert stopped working. Dealer did not seem to know what was wrong but offered to work on it. I Decided to try to fix it myself. I used my fathers snap on TPMS tool. Set it for five tires instead of four. Connected it to OBD2 Port and read each sensor at air pressure valve. Now it works. It now has selectable tire fill alert, and reads tire pressure.

double J

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon
I added a matching wheel and a tire sensor from dealer as per vin. This would allow 5 tire rotation. The Jeep picked up the sensors signal and displayed air pressure But selectable air fill alert stopped working. Dealer did not seem to know what was wrong but offered to work on it. I Decided to try to fix it myself. I used my fathers snap on TPMS tool. Set it for five tires instead of four. Connected it to OBD2 Port and read each sensor at air pressure valve. Now it works. It now has selectable tire fill alert, and reads tire pressure.

Sponsored

double J

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon
Sometimes the tire feel alert does not display on the apps. You have to turn it on at the Settings function.it tend to turn off even before I fixed the sensor.

double J

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon
Sometimes the tire feel alert does not display on the apps. You have to turn it on at the Settings function.it tend to turn off even before I fixed the sensor.
The tire sensor tool has not been updated in a while, did not have gladiator. I used 2009 wrangler as setting. It seems to work for me. I think many tire shops have similar tools, as long as the sensor are a matching set it should work.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hi Everyone,

Good news! A Technical Service Bulletin was released this morning regarding Selectable Tire Fill Alert.

To ensure this TSB applies, please visit the dealer to have a qualified technician review the details of the TSB and specifics of your vehicle. Once reviewed, the technician can then perform the repair procedure that best matches the symptoms and diagnosis of your vehicle.

There are three TSBs listed here. Each one depends on the build date of your vehicle. Please see below:
upload_2020-2-14_8-35-5-png.png

----------------------------------

upload_2020-2-14_8-32-40-png.png

-----------------------

upload_2020-2-14_8-29-56-png.png

As always, please let us know if you are in need of additional support while in service.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

willemlock

First Name
Willem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator, 1998 TJ 1947, CJ2-A Willys
I just got mine back from the dealer very excited to test this feature and looks like they stuffed up with the upgrade. Still not available. Very disappointing when the mechanics at Jeep have no idea what to look for. On my paperwork it even states itā€™s been tested.....

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Had the Service Bulletin applied to my Rubicon Gladiator with the Uconnect 7.0 system and it was somewhat of a gaggle to get it done. I was the first one who requested this at my local dealership and they were somewhat confused as to what it was all about. I talked it through with the service adviser and he finally caught on and took it back for the techs to deal with it.

Received it back with it invoiced out as being performed. Went out to my Gladiator to check it out before leaving and the Selectable Tire Fill Alert icon would not appear on the apps page. Went and got the service adviser and showed him the icon not being there and got a tap dance about having to drive and blah, blah other things coming out his mouth. Walked back in with him and asked him to pull up the full service bulletin instructions and there was a step for them to verify the icon which they obviously did not.

They took back in the service bay the adviser came back in about 20 minute and told me they were calling FCA engineering help line to get assistance. Adviser came back once again and stated FCA engineering told them to either put or let the vehicle go into sleep mode for over and hour so all the modules on the bus power down and once brought back up, the icon should appear. Waited almost and hour and half and the icon eventually appeared as FCA engineering said it would and all functions work.

This "sleep mode" is not on the service bulletin instructions so I am putting that info out there in case anybody else has the same issue when they get their BCM flashed.

20200313_132159.jpg

Sponsored

willemlock

First Name
Willem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator, 1998 TJ 1947, CJ2-A Willys
Had the Service Bulletin applied to my Rubicon Gladiator with the Uconnect 7.0 system and it was somewhat of a gaggle to get it done. I was the first one who requested this at my local dealership and they were somewhat confused as to what it was all about. I talked it through with the service adviser and he finally caught on and took it back for the techs to deal with it.

Received it back with it invoiced out as being performed. Went out to my Gladiator to check it out before leaving and the Selectable Tire Fill Alert icon would not appear on the apps page. Went and got the service adviser and showed him the icon not being there and got a tap dance about having to drive and blah, blah other things coming out his mouth. Walked back in with him and asked him to pull up the full service bulletin instructions and there was a step for them to verify the icon which they obviously did not.

They took back in the service bay the adviser came back in about 20 minute and told me they were calling FCA engineering help line to get assistance. Adviser came back once again and stated FCA engineering told them to either put or let the vehicle go into sleep mode for over and hour so all the modules on the bus power down and once brought back up, the icon should appear. Waited almost and hour and half and the icon eventually appeared as FCA engineering said it would and all functions work.

This "sleep mode" is not on the service bulletin instructions so I am putting that info out there in case anybody else has the same issue when they get their BCM flashed.

20200313_132159.jpg
How do you do the sleep mode? I had mine done but the icon does not appear....

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
How do you do the sleep mode? I had mine done but the icon does not appear....
I could not really tell you with any certainty what they exactly meant by "sleep mode" in regard to this. I never talked or directly seen the tech who was doing the work and imagine some things and details got lost when it was explained to me by the service adviser.

I do know with most modern vehicle with multiple computer modules, there is a normal sleep mode that usually happens within a hour or so after being turned off and then there is a "Deep Sleep Mode" that a vehicle enters in when it has not been operated in like two weeks or more that powers down even farther.

I suspect the tech probably forced it with a scan tool to go into Deep Sleep Mode but once again, that is speculation.

Maxon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
Here is my experience with getting the Selectable Tire Fill Alert installed. (STFA)

I took my gladiator launch edition to the dealership and asked about when I could get the STFA installed.

I was told that if it didnā€™t come with it you canā€™t get it.

Next, I printed out the bulletins from this form (thank you Jeep cares) and took it to the dealer ship.

A service tech checked the odometer to see if I was beyond some mileage for warrantyā€¦I have no idea why.

I left them with the service bulletins along with VIN and build date, my contact information and left.

A few days later I was scheduled an appointment to have it installed.

The day of the install:

Arrived at 8:30 for the appointment, was told that it could be hours before it was finished, I was pretty much stranded at this point as they donā€™t offer loaners. I walked down to waffle house and had breakfast. Less than a half an hour later they called saying that my Jeep was ready.

Drove it home, checked the radio, no STFA, ok I read on the form that it takes a while. Checked again in an hour, then two. At this point I called the dealer and asked for the service manager and explained that it didnā€™t take. He took my contact information and called me back saying that they had forgot to do one of the steps.

Remedy:

Took it back, everyone was great. This is the first one for this dealership too.

Itā€™s now working.

Moral of the story:

Be patient with your dealership, this is a new vehicle for them too.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Is this a Rubicon only feature? I donā€™t have it on my Overland with the 8.4ā€ screen. I only have the offroad pages.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Is this a Rubicon only feature? I donā€™t have it on my Overland with the 8.4ā€ screen. I only have the offroad pages.
Rubicon only.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.