Sponsored

Mopar lift vs the world

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
So you are speaking from hearsay? You have no personal experience with the Mopar lift, just "what you've heard" in other words.
I know you saw this post but this is what I'm talking about in regard to the Mopar lift. Yes, it's more "hearsay" but maybe if you hear enough of it you'll learn something instead of responding the way you did...

I have the Mopar lift on my JL. The shocks are nice and it works well but I probably won’t go that route on my JT. To make the Mopar lift work, you really need to add to it. This is what I added to make it right.
1. Rock krawler spring correction pads, I highly recommend these to keep the spring bow at a minimum and they are stronger than the plastic ones from Mopar.
2. Adjustable front track bar to pull axel back in alignment.
3. Adjustable rear track bar or track bar bracket to bring the axel back in alignment.
4. Adjustable front control arms, these aren’t absolutely necessary but really help to dial in the caster to help the drive ability.

In short I spent a small fortune getting the Mopar kit right. Should have just bought a better kit to begin with. Just my experience and opinion.
Sponsored

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
I know you saw this post but this is what I'm talking about in regard to the Mopar lift. Yes, it's more "hearsay" but maybe if you hear enough of it you'll learn something instead of responding the way you did...
As I said above I did just purchase the kit, I also purchased an adjustable front track bar, and adjustable front control arms. The MOPAR kit I got came with the spring correction pads they are not as nice as the rock krawler but will do the trick (if not then I will replace later) and I personally only know of one person who has had issues with them. For me I'm ok with the extras I purchased, I know when I decide what I really want I will re-use those. Also my build is not going to be for hard core rock crawling or mudding but being built for over landing/ camping. You can get all the above for under $2k.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Wow! Still rehashing your misinformation. Yes, I did see your post in response to mine but chose not to respond but will respond now.
I learn from my own experience and not the opinions of the internet forum experts. From personal experience, there is nothing wrong with the Mopar kit. The only issue is that it's not a complete kit. I added a front adjustable track bar to mine and one could argue that front adjustable control arms would improve the ride as well. The Fox shocks are much better than the Bilstein monotube shocks that I had on Rubicon Express kit. One can go budget or high end when it comes to suspension modifications. I'd put the Mopar lift at the back end of budget but it is definitely a solid kit. It's much better than Rubicon Express and Rough Country that I ran in previous Jeeps. And for the majority of us who only get off the paved road occasionally and don't do any hard core rock crawling, I'd say it is more than adequate based on my personal experience.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Wow! Still rehashing your misinformation. Yes, I did see your post in response to mine but chose not to respond but will respond now.
I learn from my own experience and not the opinions of the internet forum experts. From personal experience, there is nothing wrong with the Mopar kit. The only issue is that it's not a complete kit. I added a front adjustable track bar to mine and one could argue that front adjustable control arms would improve the ride as well. The Fox shocks are much better than the Bilstein monotube shocks that I had on Rubicon Express kit. One can go budget or high end when it comes to suspension modifications. I'd put the Mopar lift at the back end of budget but it is definitely a solid kit. It's much better than Rubicon Express and Rough Country that I ran in previous Jeeps. And for the majority of us who only get off the paved road occasionally and don't do any hard core rock crawling, I'd say it is more than adequate based on my personal experience.

Again with the digs. You’re an expert on the Mopar lift. So glad you finally posted your expertise so now we can all move forward.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Again with the digs. You’re an expert on the Mopar lift. So glad you finally posted your expertise so now we can all move forward.
Never called myself an expert and never "digged" on you. You have no basis for your previous posts. Again, just hearsay. At least I have something to base my post on and that is real world experience. There are many suspension options out there for our Jeeps. What one decides on should be based on what their intended purpose is for their Jeep. What works for one doesn't always work for another. I made a huge mistake several years ago by installing a Rubicon Express lift on my JK. There was a forum member on the Wrangler Forum who posted this elaborate thread on the Rubicon Express 2.5" suspension lift. His review was extremely convincing and was supplemented by pictures and videos. I was convinced that this was best lift for me both for the cost and the functionality. I was easily influenced and jumped at the first opportunity to have this lift installed only to end up disappointed with the result. What many first time Jeepers don't realize is that their Jeep will never drive the same once they modify the suspension. Laws of physics just don't allow for it. I've seen many lift their Jeep and throw 35s or 37s on just to end up disappointed in how their Jeep now drives and handles. A $400 Rough Country lift will handle differently than a $1200 Mopar lift which will handle differently than the $3000 Evo with coil overs. You get for what you pay for.
I see you have some nice vehicles. The Raptor is a pretty amazing truck. I don't have any personal experience with it but my friend owns one and had the opportunity to go out to Utah and do Ford's Raptor assault course. He's been educating me some on the Raptor and it's an intriguing vehicle. Now you have a Launch Edition Gladiator as well so pretty cool. I'd be interested to hear which route you decide to go if you decide to alter the suspension. I'm taking my time on this one myself. I do like my Rubicon in it's stock form and I'm not sure I'm ready to modify it just yet. I apologize if you felt like I was digging on you or attacking you. It was not my intent. Was just curious as to how you made your conclusions regarding the Mopar lift.

Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have the Mopar lift on my JL. The shocks are nice and it works well but I probably won’t go that route on my JT. To make the Mopar lift work, you really need to add to it. This is what I added to make it right.
1. Rock krawler spring correction pads, I highly recommend these to keep the spring bow at a minimum and they are stronger than the plastic ones from Mopar.
2. Adjustable front track bar to pull axel back in alignment.
3. Adjustable rear track bar or track bar bracket to bring the axel back in alignment.
4. Adjustable front control arms, these aren’t absolutely necessary but really help to dial in the caster to help the drive ability.

In short I spent a small fortune getting the Mopar kit right. Should have just bought a better kit to begin with. Just my experience and opinion.
After adding to your Mopar kit on your JL, how satisfied are you with the result?
If you didn't already go the Mopar route, which kit would you have gone with?

Wbee

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2010 JKU
After adding to your Mopar kit on your JL, how satisfied are you with the result?
If you didn't already go the Mopar route, which kit would you have gone with?

To be perfectly honest and I should have mentioned this above. After making the changes to the Mopar lift I am pleased with it. I may have came across that I didn’t like it but it rides well and it does what I need off road. It’s not a major rock crawler lift. If I was doing it again I would look at other options but right now there aren’t a lot of options so the Mopar is the way to go if your willing to add the extras. Hope this helps.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
The Mopar lift on the JL and the Gladiator aren't comparable IMO.
The Rubicon Gladiators I installed the Mopar lifts on both gained 2-2.5" of lift where as the JL's were around 3-3.5". This would have a impact on control arm/trackbar lengths etc. Also the newest kits JL or Gladiator all have the excessive spring bow worked out. They are designed to bow out slightly so that under compression the spring doesn't bow in and touch the frame(I've seen it happen on other kits).

I think the Mopar kit is great for those that don't do much rock crawling or don't like to "tinker" with their suspension(As mentioned above I also prefer adjustable control arms to fixed). The shock travel on the Mopar kits leaves a lot to be desired for those that like the flex some of the higher end kits provide, but I believe that is by design as longer shocks require more extensive mods(front driveshaft). I would also add a front trackbar to make the kit more complete, but I don't believe it's a necessity if only gaining 2-2.5".

On the few Gladiators I've installed the Mopar kit on they maintained an excellent ride & driveability. Are there better more inclusive kits out there? Absolutely, but really it just depends on if you will benefit from the extra travel/strength/clearance those kits provide.

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME

highoctane

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Does anyone know who manufactures the Mopar 2.5" lift kit? I know the shocks are Fox, curious about the springs. In the past Mopar lift kits were just marked up in price rebadged lift kits from one of the aftermarket companies.

Sponsored

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
Does anyone know who manufactures the Mopar 2.5" lift kit? I know the shocks are Fox, curious about the springs. In the past Mopar lift kits were just marked up in price rebadged lift kits from one of the aftermarket companies.
I know that I read that they worked closely with Fox for the shocks both for the Rubicon and the 2" Lift. My guess would be that whoever helped probably has to wait to produce a lift themselves because they would have had inside information on the Gladiator before it was released.

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
Tell me about the Mopar lift.
Is it better than the Rubicon stock suspension? (In any regard other than height). (Does it ride better or worse, etc)
If not the Mopar lift what do you guys recommend?

Edit: probably should have put this in suspension section. Oops.
I have the Mopar 2" lift installed and so far its great. The shocks are longer and bigger in diameter. I haven't been able to wheel it on anything to rough yet but the ride has been great on road and off.
Sponsored