Leveled.....now want adj track bar and lca's

JTJosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Solid depends on location, some arms are solid, some are 5/16 wall DOM and some are 7/16 wall DOM. 5/16" wall is the smallest walled control arms that we have in any application.
Thank you for clearing that up.
How do your krawler joints compare to Currie Jonnie Joints?
Is the powder coating on your components better than the other premium suspension companies or is there a general industry standard used?
Sponsored

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 JT Rubi, 2020 JT Sport Hemi Swap, 2021 JT Rubi Diesel
For an apples to apples comparison, we can look at their 1.25" Shank, 2.625" mounting width 5/8" bolt hole, their part number is CE-9114-28 vs our joint of the same dimensions, part number RK05067. This joint would be found at the axle side of your front lower control arm.

Total misalignment of this Johnny Joint is 31 degrees, total Misalignment of this Krawler Joint is 60 degrees.

Rebuilds on a JJ costs $18 vs our rebuild at $10

Longevity is roughly the same, most people see 7-9 years before needing a rebuild.

Both will require periodic greasing, I don't see a spec on grease requirements on the JJ, the new Krawler joints will handle up to a #2 grease, all of the JT production kits are being built with the new raceways to allow that grease as opposed to our old raceways that required #000 grease.

I can't find a material spec on the housings of the JJ, ours are forged chromoly.

For powder coating, prep is key. Mechanical etch and acid washing is the answer to good, lasting powder coat. Heat temperature and cook times play a large role but if the prep was junk, the final coating will be junk. We bring in outside consultants to evaluate our processes and tell us where to improve, and we totally overhauled our processes August 2018. The coating we have now is 100x the coating we had 3 years ago.

JTJosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Damn thats what Im talking about a clear technical comparison! Plus that was no 2 minute response. I read through the install instructions last night and they are the best I've personally ever seen. After seeing that triangulated 4 link they have for the rear and how awesome the specs and quality are for the front I feel pretty damn comfortable going with RK.

Sponsored

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 JT Rubi, 2020 JT Sport Hemi Swap, 2021 JT Rubi Diesel
Damn thats what Im talking about a clear technical comparison! Plus that was no 2 minute response. I read through the install instructions last night and they are the best I've personally ever seen. After seeing that triangulated 4 link they have for the rear and how awesome the specs and quality are for the front I feel pretty damn comfortable going with RK.
LOL, I appreciate it. We are trying to do better with instructions with each new kit. If you look back on our early days, those instructions were rough.