Request: Side Steps photos

joemussari

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ducati Monster 1200
Hey everyone. Looking for some side steps for my truck, but can't make up my mind. Can you guys post some pictures of what you're using?
Thank you!
Joe
Sponsored

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
fyi I am 90% positive there are actually 2 OEM running board designs = the Overland ones & a different style sold thru Mopar parts. A local dealer had two Sports with them on there.
Plus they have the tube-style steps also so I guess that's actually 3.

OP
OP
joemussari

joemussari

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ducati Monster 1200
fyi I am 90% positive there are actually 2 OEM running board designs = the Overland ones & a different style sold thru Mopar parts. A local dealer had two Sports with them on there.
I went on quadratec and man theres a lot of options. i work for mopar and can get them through work but everything is all around the same price for me which makes the decision harder.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Wet_willy

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2020 Jeep Gator Gladiator, 2018 Traverse, 2013 FX4 F-150, 2008 GT500KR “King of the Road”
Amp research power step XL. Love them. Look great and replace the factory rock rail

0A064B46-5E25-499D-8150-790B6A67DBDD.jpeg

69D2022D-A1A3-4F40-A90A-A4B7CFDBDAC9.jpeg

A2EF52C6-59AB-4680-88C0-AD7BB0C41274.jpeg

DC4E2D09-C4A4-47D1-BA72-15E1D9B7DDF7.jpeg

048419BA-A288-4757-BAFF-138871CC3A28.jpeg

66C1B8E0-B90A-4F37-B843-1BD679979C16.jpeg
Looks good man. I’m also in the Houston area. Thinking about getting these, any downfalls or complaints? They’re pricey, did you catch a deal on them somewhere?

DoneDeal

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
The XLs were 2k installed out the door. I got them from Jonathan at extreme Offroad in Katy. I wasn’t going to get them but the 38’s rubbed the factory rubicon rails In the front and I knew I needed to purchase some type of steps for the kids to get in and out Anyways. The AMP steps stopped a little before the factory ones did so I gained the clearance I needed for the tires. I have had AMP steps on 4 other trucks without an issue so I knew the quality was there. They look good and tuck in flush. They Come down and retract fast So there’s no awkwardness. They are pricey but a solid buy in my opinion. No regrets

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good man. I’m also in the Houston area. Thinking about getting these, any downfalls or complaints? They’re pricey, did you catch a deal on them somewhere?
AMP Research's PowerSteps are great products!

But, they're not rock/step sliders (just an FYI)

DoneDeal

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
AMP Research's PowerSteps are great products!

But, they're not rock/step sliders (just an FYI)
Good point, It is worth noting and I Agree. The AMP XLs give a similar look of the sliders. The regular AMP steps tuck smooth under. I was using it as a reference.

I do believe there is a brand around the same price point That is a functional rock slider that also retracts a step. I’m not sure who makes them though. one guy on here mention one of the steps not going up all the way flush on his after install.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Good point, It is worth noting and I Agree. The AMP XLs give a similar look of the sliders. The regular AMP steps tuck smooth under. I was using it as a reference.

I do believe there is a brand around the same price point That is a functional rock slider that also retracts a step. I’m not sure who makes them though. one guy on here mention one of the steps not going up all the way flush on his after install.
You're likely referring to Rock Slide Engineering's product...

rock-slide-engineering-rse-power-step-sliders-jeep-gladiator-jt-bd-ss-200-jt4-bdss200jt4-2.jpg

https://rockslideengineering.com/product/step-slider-set-for-jeep-gladiator-jt/

Sponsored

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
I just put the AMP research XL power steps on my gladiator and all I can say they are worth the money I also paid 2 thousand dollars for the steps and that included the install if you’re not off-roading then these are the power steps you want the wife can get right in the gladiator now

max toe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito, 1998 audi
i might be doing the mopar dealer installed running boards

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
I just put the AMP research XL power steps on my gladiator and all I can say they are worth the money I also paid 2 thousand dollars for the steps and that included the install if you’re not off-roading then these are the power steps you want the wife can get right in the gladiator now
Why do you say that not offroading? I thought the AMP research was just like RSE that can take a beating as in they were rock sliders with steps no? I am considering the AMP Research because the RSE ones don't span the distance like AMP research does for the whole length of the truck right?

Reeb65

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Had the AMP XL's installed last week and had a set on my Ram 1500 for 3 years without any failures. They are not rock rails but they are definitely beefy enough to take some impacts from the sides and the steps retract up above the undercarriage of the truck so they are somewhat protected.
Sponsored