Can’t Configure Aux. Switches

Mattdaddy1974

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Purchased a JTR without the Aux switches off the lot and made dealer install them as part of the deal. I had to wait for a couple days for the parts to come in. While I was dropping it off something told me to verify the switches were the rubicon one. Well you know they weren’t so I had to convince the parts guy at dealership that there is a rubicon specific switch as to match the chrome. After about 30 minutes of him showing me that there is only a black switch I pulled it up on the Quadratec website to give him the part#. He ten said I was right technically because it is the one for a JL. I’m told that they will have the right switch the next day and it should be ready by the afternoon. I call the following afternoon to see how everything was going and the service advisor tells me that the tech took 7 hrs. To install them and that there was a 50 page instruction manual with it. Fast forward to this afternoon. I get a text saying the Jeep is ready. When I arrive they keep reminding me that it took 7 hrs to install and that I was lucky that it was part of my deal. I received my truck and almost left the parking lot when I tried the switch and nothing. I pulled into a parking space and went to tell the service advisor that the switch was not operating. He takes my truck back to the tech and comes back 30 minutes later with the switches powering up. I decide to check if they showed in the the settings on the radio and nothing. About a hour of showing the advisor videos on YouTube and the description of the switch functions on their website and no luck. They were not able to get the switches to show in the settings menu. They do light up but I can’t configure them. They flashed the Jeep but no luck. They have never done this install before me. I just need to know if anyone else has tried to install the switches with this same issue or any solution to resolve the issue. Thanks.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
This is one to follow............ I may add them to mine - maybe.

OP
OP

Mattdaddy1974

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Well I woke up today to a good surprise. When I got in the JT to go to work and noticed all the switches lit up when I started it. I turned them all off. I thought I’d try the settings and wouldn’t you know it it’s fixed. I guess the update the dealer did took some time to take. Needless to say I’m excited. I was not looking forward to going to another dealer.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Purchased a JTR without the Aux switches off the lot and made dealer install them as part of the deal. I had to wait for a couple days for the parts to come in. While I was dropping it off something told me to verify the switches were the rubicon one. Well you know they weren’t so I had to convince the parts guy at dealership that there is a rubicon specific switch as to match the chrome. After about 30 minutes of him showing me that there is only a black switch I pulled it up on the Quadratec website to give him the part#. He ten said I was right technically because it is the one for a JL. I’m told that they will have the right switch the next day and it should be ready by the afternoon. I call the following afternoon to see how everything was going and the service advisor tells me that the tech took 7 hrs. To install them and that there was a 50 page instruction manual with it. Fast forward to this afternoon. I get a text saying the Jeep is ready. When I arrive they keep reminding me that it took 7 hrs to install and that I was lucky that it was part of my deal. I received my truck and almost left the parking lot when I tried the switch and nothing. I pulled into a parking space and went to tell the service advisor that the switch was not operating. He takes my truck back to the tech and comes back 30 minutes later with the switches powering up. I decide to check if they showed in the the settings on the radio and nothing. About a hour of showing the advisor videos on YouTube and the description of the switch functions on their website and no luck. They were not able to get the switches to show in the settings menu. They do light up but I can’t configure them. They flashed the Jeep but no luck. They have never done this install before me. I just need to know if anyone else has tried to install the switches with this same issue or any solution to resolve the issue. Thanks.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRW7PI1JZRmOoo5QTyPYcIQjAfbwBWxUyBYl4U9fX6jAZWYRM80w&s.png
Sponsored