Sponsored

22” Wheels

• Thread starter Deleted member 24880
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3

Deleted member 24880

Been out “window shopping” today and local truck shop made me a very good deal on a set of Asanti 22” wheels wrapped with Nitto tires. ($2200ish range) Just not sure I want that big of wheels. I will be on road driving 99% of the time as a daily driver Looking for opinions.

BBDC4D75-C651-4A1C-8F50-A2307B5E57C2.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 24880

Those do look good. I just never thought of 22s. I’m old enough that wheels that big are on Donks and custom type cars. Any off road issues you have found? I still like to play in the mud and weeds occasionally. When my boys are around to wash the truck for me anyhow. LOL

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Those do look good. I just never thought of 22s. I’m old enough that wheels that big are on Donks and custom type cars. Any off road issues you have found? I still like to play in the mud and weeds occasionally. When my boys are around to wash the truck for me anyhow. LOL
No!!! DON’T do it!!!!

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Care to elaborate?
If you go off road at all, you will regret the short sidewall a 20-22” wheel affords. You won’t be able to air down at all without risking damage to the wheel and/or tire. Your ride on road may also be quite harsh. And...I think they look bad. Sorry, you did ask for opinions...

Last edited:

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I always equated them to putting wagon wheels on the car. Mostly wheel and less cushion making the ride harsh. They may look good, but only ride well on nice smooth roads. I've never been in a vehicle equipped that way, but see a lot of them around here, mostly younger drivers.

OP
OP

Deleted member 24880

If you go off road at all, you will regret the short sidewall a 20-22” wheel affords. You won’t be able to air down at all without risking damage to the wheel and/or tire. Your ride on road may also be quite harsh. And...I think they look bad. Sorry, you did ask for opinions...
Very good points. I never even considered 20-22” wheels until I was out shopping the other day. This is why I asked for opinions because many on here have way more experience and knowledge than I do. My last 4 trucks have been F-150s. I appreciate everyone’s help and opinions!

OP
OP

Deleted member 24880

I always equated them to putting wagon wheels on the car. Mostly wheel and less cushion making the ride harsh. They may look good, but only ride well on nice smooth roads. I've never been in a vehicle equipped that way, but see a lot of them around here, mostly younger drivers.
My wife’s Explorer has 20s on it and I have always thought it rode nice but was very harsh with bumps and potholes. I blamed it on the POS Hankook tires but the new Firestones we put on do the same thing. Thanks for your help!
Sponsored