First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2017 Wrangler
Occupation
Store Manager Weis Markets
So I hit 5000 miles and decided to do a five tire rotation. All 5 have TMPS sensors in them, and the original 4 mounted had no issues. I did spare to RR, RR to RF, RF to LR, LR to LF and LF to spare as the usual 5 tire rotation goes. Drove around a bit so the sensors would update, and now the LF shows a dash and the rest register. However the “new tire” into the rotation is the RR. Any reasons why 1 of the first 4 that had no issues all of a sudden does? Am I missing something??
Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Bump

I wanted to ask relating to this: when you rotate the 5 tires, do you take the tire off the steel spare rim and one of the regular 4 tires so you arent driving around with a steel rim on the road (looks out of place?)

OP
OP

Gregbj33

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2017 Wrangler
Occupation
Store Manager Weis Markets
Mine are custom wheels so I have 5

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I've always left the factory spare in place and never touched it, except to periodically make sure it has air in it. I just rotated front to back. With my last truck, whenever I put on new tires, I just kept the two best of the old ones and carried those in back as spares mounted on the factory rims. I'll have to figure out what to do with this one, since it came from the factory with decent wheels on it.
Sponsored