TPMS Question

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Clear JTR/'15 Jeep Grand Cherokee/ '78 Jeep CJ-5/'69 Chevelle
Sounds like the pressure may be out of spec especially if the rears are at 42 psi - Put a pressure gauge on them and see if too hi / lo adjust. Take it for a ride. If nothing back to the dealer - doubt it would be a "flash" sensors may have been bad or pressure to high low - My tire pressures vary by upwards of 6 psi depending on morning temp and highway driving -
Thanks man, i appreciate the quick response. Honestly until this morning when the issue began, i havent had enough time to go through all the menus and settings, including knowing what the tire pressure should be..all was assumed the dealership inspection would have everything to spec...youre probably right about it being out of spec..i purchased the vehicle @ 80F, and last night it dipped into the 50'sF which would result in lower pressure readings until the tires warmed up...if they were 42psig this morning, that means normal temp/warm they could be closer to 45-50psig...the pillar sticker reads 37psi, ill air down and see if that gets me in the green..Thanks again.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Gregbj33

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2017 Wrangler
Occupation
Store Manager Weis Markets
I ended up taking the truck to the place I had the tires, wheels and sensors mounted. Told them the situation. They said the sensor in the original spare was bad, so they swapped sensors with the original spare and the tire that is currently the spare. All 4 are reading, I just have to adjust pressure as they are all around 38/39 psi. I guess I’ll have to get another sensor for the spare so I can just do the rotation in another 5k and hopefully won’t have any issues moving spare onto the truck.

Skylandry

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I had something similar happen. All was well until my complimentary Jeep oil and tire rotation. Long story short after my sensors not working, working, one working then one not, the jeep master Tech told me they had to turn up the "sending unit" to high.

He said the stock tires that came on my sport (replaced by dealer with Rubicon stock tires) were thinner/smaller and the TPMS system needed to be "turned on high." Once this was done by the dealer my sensors all started working perfect...no repeat problem.

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
They were less than $40 for 5 on ebay. 1 registered right away, 2 took about 10 miles and the last started reading after almost an hour of driving.
I just did this too. For the first maybe 5-10 miles it was still showing the old pressures. Then eventually three went to dashes and one picked up (LF). I still have 3 dashes and the other 3 haven't been recognized yet. Wondering how long it's going to take...maybe time for an hour drive...lol

Bipolarbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE on order
The sensors from ebay still take a minute or two to respond to pressure changes but they all still work. The OEM sensors changed real time when airing up or down.

Sponsored

vicsvx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.0
Mine jeep is doing the same as the original post after a tire rotation.I bought a oem 5 tpms and had it installed on the spare (full size) and everything went without a hitch untill the tire rotation. Now, my jeep is doing exactly what the OP said with he left tire. Took my jeep to the dealership and they said that 3 of 4 mounted to the jeep are not reading... But I rebuddled saying that the dash shows thar only one isn't working. The service advisor said the sensors might have been damaged for the installer". As of right now I have 3 choices. 1)take it to discount and have them look at the sensors and test them with their tool. 2)pay jeep to troubleshoot and maybe repair the jeep... She said it wouldn't be under warranty because of the wheel/tire combo being aftermarket. 3)say screw it and let live with the light show everyday

Any advise?

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine never all showed up. I think two finally starting reading. Took it to a tire shop and they read them just fine with a scan tool....but I have aftermarket wheels so Jeep isn't going to fix anything. I tuned off the light show with my Tazer....sucks...but that's where I am.
Sponsored