First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
Here’s the Epyx installed on mine. The step is about 12-13” wide. Made of steel. Seem very durable.

8D3F8F90-39EC-404E-A720-44FCA324DCED.jpeg
I love the look of the steps here. Is it just the angle, or does the Epyx come up short in the front? Maybe so you can get mud flaps in there?
Sponsored

Gregbj33

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2017 Wrangler
Occupation
Store Manager Weis Markets
I love the look of the steps here. Is it just the angle, or does the Epyx come up short in the front? Maybe so you can get mud flaps in there?
here’s another angle, maybe a little shorter at both ends but nothing concerning

116FDA0D-2591-4E1F-8F61-EB180B3962FB.jpeg

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Services
here’s another angle, maybe a little shorter at both ends but nothing concerning

116FDA0D-2591-4E1F-8F61-EB180B3962FB.jpeg
Awesome, I've been waiting for a month for a good picture of the Epyx steps on a gladiator. They look great and now I can order them confidently tonight.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
9205D805-88AA-482C-A748-F19ED594800F.jpeg
3963F9E3-AD63-45D9-B734-972D84785D46.jpeg
264A7C28-A102-4160-B6C5-0107C7547637.png
I have never seen an Epyx step on a Gladiator in person. They look great. I have the Predator Pro steps on my Gladiator. The main thing that I like about my steps is that when I go to step down and out of my truck the step is right there for my left foot to step on. It’s even better for getting in. This is just from my personal perspective. Am only 5’5” tall. So if you are at all vertically challenged then I can only suggest that you try both before you decide which one will work best for you AND your passengers. Epyx was not available for me to try out before I ordered my Predator steps but I have no regrets, well pleased.

I like the looks of the slatted holes at both ends of the Epyx steps. I like the fact that my Predator steps are made of aluminum. Not certain what the Epyx steps are made of. And finally fyi I am not thrilled with the design of the nuts that are used for my steps. They are not lock nuts and I wonder if they will vibrate loose. One nut had a defective clip on it. Working to get that nut replaced. I wonder if they use the same nuts and clips on the Epyx steps. See attached pictures.

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Services
k
9205D805-88AA-482C-A748-F19ED594800F.jpeg
3963F9E3-AD63-45D9-B734-972D84785D46.jpeg
264A7C28-A102-4160-B6C5-0107C7547637.png
I have never seen an Epyx step on a Gladiator in person. They look great. I have the Predator Pro steps on my Gladiator. The main thing that I like about my steps is that when I go to step down and out of my truck the step is right there for my left foot to step on. It’s even better for getting in. This is just from my personal perspective. Am only 5’5” tall. So if you are at all vertically challenged then I can only suggest that you try both before you decide which one will work best for you AND your passengers. Epyx was not available for me to try out before I ordered my Predator steps but I have no regrets, well pleased.

I like the looks of the slatted holes at both ends of the Epyx steps. I like the fact that my Predator steps are made of aluminum. Not certain what the Epyx steps are made of. And finally fyi I am not thrilled with the design of the nuts that are used for my steps. They are not lock nuts and I wonder if they will vibrate loose. One nut had a defective clip on it. Working to get that nut replaced. I wonder if they use the same nuts and clips on the Epyx steps. See attached pictures.
Thank you for these @Jake . I was honestly concerned a bit by the sharpness of the predator steps vs the rounded edges of the Epyx. Also was looking at materials too. Predator is touted to be 100% aluminum, while Epyx from what I've seen is steel, so a bit heavier.

It also looks like the Epyx has space in the front, which should allow me room for mud flaps I think

Sponsored

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator; 2005 VW Passat TDI; Previous: 1978 CJ5; 1997 TJ Sport.
I saw that & was wondering if whoever installed them "mixed them up" -- put the drivers on the passenger & vice-versa. The over hang in the back appears to be the same size as the gap in the front?

jdhenn05

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Granite Crystal Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Got my predators put on last night. What a difference. Anthracite Fuel shoks and 34” Ridge Grapplers Going on tomorrow. I did have a problem with one of the clip nuts being too small. Contacted nfab through their site and are sending a replacement nut.

A4EB0187-F9ED-4822-98DA-A8A09D8A6C01.jpeg

Gregbj33

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2017 Wrangler
Occupation
Store Manager Weis Markets
Awesome, I've been waiting for a month for a good picture of the Epyx steps on a gladiator. They look great and now I can order them confidently tonight.
you won’t be disappointed. And
I saw that & was wondering if whoever installed them "mixed them up" -- put the drivers on the passenger & vice-versa. The over hang in the back appears to be the same size as the gap in the front?
The Epyx are stamped for Drivers side and Passenger side. In addition, if you look Closely at the steps, the length of rail after the rear step is pretty short, so even if you flipped them against their ID, it would put the step for the front doors way too far forward.
Side note: there is maybe 1/2”-3/4” of play to move the steps forward or back as the holes where the steps mount to the brackets are oval. I just kept mine centered the best I could and made sure both sides matched.

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator; 2005 VW Passat TDI; Previous: 1978 CJ5; 1997 TJ Sport.
OK, I give up -- just ordered a set of the N-Fab Predator for my Hydro Blue JT. They were $486.85 with free shipping at runningboardwarehouse <DOT> com. Best price I found.
Follow-up: Buyer beware!!! @runningboardwarehouse charges your card at the time of ORDER, not SHIPPING. I ordered on 09/20, my credit card *WAS CHARGED* 09/22. I contacted runningboardwarehouse today. They are saying 10-20 working days before shipment?

Anyone else have experience with this vendor? I've NEVER had an online retailer charge @ time of order, possibly a MONTH before shipping!!!

Jeepdude413

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Job.... always got a job...
Follow-up: Buyer beware!!! @runningboardwarehouse charges your card at the time of ORDER, not SHIPPING. I ordered on 09/20, my credit card *WAS CHARGED* 09/22. I contacted runningboardwarehouse today. They are saying 10-20 working days before shipment?

Anyone else have experience with this vendor? I've NEVER had an online retailer charge @ time of order, possibly a MONTH before shipping!!!
I too purchased my predator pro steps from running board warehouse. Shipped the next day. If u have noticed on this forum, alot of JT people are buying them. FWIW, i am not happy with mine and have a warranty claim in through NFAB. The little ears that attaches the step to the pinch weld has broken already and idk why. Just a heads up.

Sponsored

Buck1ze

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Purchased mine (predator pro steps) from running board warehouse as well. Ordered 9/20 and received today. Haven’t opened the box yet as I have no clue when my Rubicon will get done. Stuck in D1 since 9/13. Have a Mopar lift kit and slush mats waiting for it to get home!!!

Wet_willy

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2020 Jeep Gator Gladiator, 2018 Traverse, 2013 FX4 F-150, 2008 GT500KR “King of the Road”
Just ordered The predator pros for mine. How’s everyone’s working out for them?

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon
i put them on a few weeks ago on my JTR and they’re working great for me and my kids

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
looks like y’all have had the PP steps for awhile now and I’m curious how they’re holding up. I saw jeepdude had an issue with the bracket on one of the steps breaking. Anyone had this issue? I love the look of these and they appear to have a lower step than the factory overland running board that came on mine.
Sponsored