First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
For those that have installed their own lifts what torque settings are you using for the upper and lower control arms both front and rear? This is my first jeep with degree settings added to the torque settings and upon inspection it looks impossible to get an angular torque degree wheel on the control arm bolts so how is it possible to get the factory degree settings?
Sponsored

OP
OP
RH 67

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
No one has installed their own lift?

Since an angular torque tool cannot be used on the control arm bolts does anyone know the torque values in foot pounds of angular degree and factory ft. lbs. combined as i believe this would give me the proper values for correct torque per factory.

Jolly’s Jp

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon LE
No one has installed their own lift?

Since an angular torque tool cannot be used on the control arm bolts does anyone know the torque values in foot pounds of angular degree and factory ft. lbs. combined as i believe this would give me the proper values for correct torque per factory.
RH 67,

I know that this doesn’t help too much for the rear, but here are the specs for the JL.

1F5E93E9-8C14-43B2-8CD7-80A60DB5BAF4.jpeg

MotoBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2001 BMW M5, 2014 Yamaha WR250R, 2010 BMW R1200R,
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
That list is very helpful, thank you. I'm installing a simple Daystar level kit and they included instructions say "torque to factory specification", but couldn't be bothered to list the specs.

Only just unboxed the product and I'm already regretting having to wait for a big boy real lift kit from AEV or some other company eventually.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RH 67

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That list is very helpful, thank you. I'm installing a simple Daystar level kit and they included instructions say "torque to factory specification", but couldn't be bothered to list the specs.

Only just unboxed the product and I'm already regretting having to wait for a big boy real lift kit from AEV or some other company eventually.
Here is a list that includes the rear.

83181746-7E98-4015-903C-D4F84474CBF5.jpg

Gmanjeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2003 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
Here is a list that includes the rear.

Jeep Gladiator Control Arm Torque Settings 83181746-7E98-4015-903C-D4F84474CBF5
If I am reading this correctly, the fron frame lca is torqued to 190 and the rear to 185. I wonder why they are torqued differently (although the difference is relatively small).

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
For those that have installed their own lifts what torque settings are you using for the upper and lower control arms both front and rear? This is my first jeep with degree settings added to the torque settings and upon inspection it looks impossible to get an angular torque degree wheel on the control arm bolts so how is it possible to get the factory degree settings?
I just used my trusty torque wrench that has a slight swivel at the end, and a socket. I was able to get to all the bolts/nuts with the torque wrench, ie. 185 for the big ones. After the installation, only tighten up the arms when the truck is on level ground resting on the new suspension. After torqueing, I marked all bolts/nuts with a pen paint marker, so, I could easily see any bolts that had loosened up. Up to now, after many 4wheeling trips, none of the bolts have moved and the suspension is quiet.
Sponsored