Not open for further replies.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
So I'm working on a few different pieces for the gladiator. Some pretty major exterior stuff, and some pretty cool interior stuff.

Here is a peek at some of the interior stuff:

1) This first image is a mounting rail that would go behind the shifter. It's some solid mounting. This is straight bolt on and you could use any 20mm ball accessories. Since it's a rail, you can position things exactly where you want them. As you can see It's at a height where none of the aux switches, or off road controls, are affected. This is black, but we'll be able to do a few other colors.
DSCF6561_small.jpg

2) Here's an upper rail. I love the positioning of this. I'm going to mount my sPod up here. Same basic concept, it's a bolt on rail, you can put things wherever you want. 20mm ball accessories and the like. It doesn't block the rearview, and it's just out of the way, even if you are tall, its forward enough that it won't even make you feel claustrophobic.
It can handle a bit of weight. CB Radio, HAM Radio, perhaps? Also, it does not get in the way of the freedom panel latches. I need to confirm it working with soft tops.
I should have used HDR in this first pic. I'll try and take a different one with better lighting. It's more to show the positioning of a device, like an iphone.
DSCF6562.JPG

DSCF6566.JPG

I need to take better pictures. Maybe even video. Before launch, but what do you think? Useful? Interesting? Stupid? Constructive criticism is appreciated.

I'm about a week or so away from actually being able to sell some of this stuff. Still working through logistics. But I'm wanting some feedback. There is more in the works, once I change my account to a sponsor account I'll use the sponsor forum to share more ideas, concepts and prototypes.

One I'm excited about is an underseat storage box with doors in the front ;)
So all those with car seats can still make excellent use of that space.

This should all work on a JL also...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
4C61BE5A-750E-4492-A3CB-C48A83F3E767.jpeg
Interesting ideas. One thing to consider is the Sunrider. I bet that your upper mount may make it a tad difficult to open and close a Sunrider.

Another area to consider a mount would be for the factory grab handle for the driver. Would be nice to have a mount that would attach to the bottom of this grab handle, not at the top. Would be a great place to put a cell phone or a GPS system.

Any mount at the top would make it difficult to lower the drivers side sun visor.

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4C61BE5A-750E-4492-A3CB-C48A83F3E767.jpeg
Interesting ideas. One thing to consider is the Sunrider. I bet that your upper mount may make it a tad difficult to open and close a Sunrider.

Another area to consider a mount would be for the factory grab handle for the driver. Would be nice to have a mount that would attach to the bottom of this grab handle, not at the top. Would be a great place to put a cell phone or a GPS system.

Any mount at the top would make it difficult to lower the drivers side sun visor.
Ah yes... Good point. Need to confirm on the sunrider option.

there is a mount option for that grab handle. Let me see if I find it and I’ll post a picture.

Kntwltrs

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Ram 1500, 00 Ford Excursion -7.3L, 18 ram 5500
I like the ideas of extra mounting options. The rail on the console? I like it. Interested in mounting specs.

Sponsored

alwyslpy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
I will def be one of your first customers. Any idea on eta? or did i miss that in your post lol.

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will def be one of your first customers. Any idea on eta? or did i miss that in your post lol.
I'm very very close. Just been dealing with some logistics with the raw materials and other somewhat silly logistics that are taking me longer than they should. The other part is I keep distracting myself with other ideas :headbang: but seriously before this month is up.

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the month is almost up... and I got distracted with my workshop. I kept running into issues with space, tools, materials storage, cold....
So I embarked on a small remodel... and by small I mean I've gotten completely carried away. I'll post some pictures shortly.
I basically had to insulate, cover up the walls, build some shelves, put up pegboard, and I'm currently working on two large work surfaces.
I did get all the paperwork in for the business - and I've started setting up the shopify store. So I'm not far from posting the first product - which will be the lower dash rail.

I'll post some before and after pictures of the garage/workshop.

alwyslpy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Yay.. been holding off buying the vector solutions one in anticipation of yours. Let me know when you ready. I'll be your first customer!

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As promised, here are some pics of the garage...

Here are a few before pictures:
IMG_1052.jpg

This was V1 of my workshop:
IMG_1134.jpg

This is the remodel into V2.

I got everything off this wall, and moved a bunch of things around:
IMG_1228.jpg

Then I put up some foam board insulation and plywood:
IMG_1242.jpg

Then I built some loft shelves and moved some more things around. I also decided I would also insulate and put plywood on the back wall:
IMG_1259.jpg

59648676244__AACD2197-6639-49DB-AC2B-7248845FC297.JPG

And in the last two days I worked on putting up the pegboard and getting the frames done for two work benches. In addition to moving things around more - it's all been a painful game of tetris...

IMG_1281.jpg

Another 8 hours and this workshop will be cranking out stuff other than itself... lol if that makes sense.
I need to finish the tops of the benches, organize the tools onto the pegboard and get my lighting right. I might splurge in a few weeks and put down something on the floor. I'm not 100% decided on what...

I'm actually really really excited about this. It took me a bunch of iterations and testing to prove out what was not really working, and what tools I really need. This V2 workshop should let me work faster, safer and warmer :)
I already have ideas for V3 - but that will need to wait a few months!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another update - shopify store is ready - well with just the one product for now (lower dash rail). I'm just waiting on the final approval and switch to make my forum account a sponsor account. Then I'll post the link to the store and hopefully I can start getting some feedback. I'll have a discount code also for this product launch.

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Status
Not open for further replies.