Sponsored

What bumper/hoop combos interfere with trail cam/adaptive cruise ctrl?

TaylorWoodham

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y; 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Saw some good looking bumpers through the SEMA coverage but had some concerns about a few of the hoops blocking the trail cam or interfering with the adaptive cruise ctrl. Has anyone encountered this after installing a specific bumper/hoop combo? Thanks!

Edit: I mistakenly thought the trail cam and adaptive cruise ctrl sensor were located in the same place in the grill, but realized that only the trail cam is in the grill and the adaptive cruise ctrl sensor is located in the rear view mirror assembly behind the windshield. My bad, fellas.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BruiserTJ

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition & 1999 Jeep Wrangler TJ
I am very curious about this as well.

Tlhicks

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch edition
Vehicle Showcase
Here is my Hoop, Light combo. I have had no issues with the adaptive cruise control. Here also are pictures of the front trail camera.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

OP
OP
TaylorWoodham

TaylorWoodham

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Here is my Hoop, Light combo. I have had no issues with the adaptive cruise control. Here also are pictures of the front trail camera.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg
Thanks for the feedback; great looking rig btw! I didn't even think about the light aspect of it, but great to know a setup like this works; I would have definitely thought so at first glance.

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT
Isn't the Adaptive cruise control in the windshield so would not be affected by hoops?

The front camera is another issue...

Sponsored

OP
OP
TaylorWoodham

TaylorWoodham

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't the Adaptive cruise control in the windshield so would not be affected by hoops?

The front camera is another issue...
Man, I didn't even think about that and I think you're right; would make a lot more sense with them being separate packages. Whoops!

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Granite Crystal. Black Freedom Top & Fenders. Rock Krawler 3” Pro-X No limits Lift,
Does anyone have or can they take photos of how the Trail Cam mounts to the grille? I’m buying the DV8 Angry Grille and I will need to relocate the cam from OEM grille to DV8 grill which does not have cam mounting provisions. Relocating the cam also creates opportunity to correct anything that may be blocking it’s view. Mounting it on the bumper would certainly fix any viewing issues but also makes it vulnerable to being damaged.
Sponsored