joemussari

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ducati Monster 1200
Hey everyone,
yes i do in fact have another boring tire question. So my current set up on my sport is stock 17s and pro comp AT sports in 305/65/17 which are pretty heavy. Im debating going to 315/70/17 duratracs. i want something that will keep decent mileage, be good in the snow ( im in PA) and wont sap too much of the trucks power. im around 17mpg now which isnt terrible but i didnt buy the truck for MPG! So my question is do i go with the 315s OR go down to a 285? OR does that little of a difference matter?
Thoughts, comments, concerns?
I appreciate everyones help!
Joe
Sponsored

JRW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator
are you wanting to change because of the way it drives or just snow performance? I don't think the Duratracs weight difference will make a difference in performance, just a couple of pounds difference between the 2.

personally, I would do a 315. make sure you re calibrate, that actually made a big difference than I thought.

OP
OP
joemussari

joemussari

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
are you wanting to change because of the way it drives or just snow performance? I don't think the Duratracs weight difference will make a difference in performance, just a couple of pounds difference between the 2.

personally, I would do a 315. make sure you re calibrate, that actually made a big difference than I thought.
a little of both. the 305s are slightly heavier than the 315 duratracs so i figure if im pushing that weight i might as well just go up to the 315. i had 35s on my JK and they performed so well in the snow.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I've run: 285/70, 285/75, 315/70 on these new Jeeps and the fuel economy, hand calculated, is within 1 MPG with whichever size you pick. Once you go away from the flimsy, paper-thin, lightweight factory tires, you take that big hit on fuel efficiency and there's no going back. So, at that point you may as well run the size that looks the best.

Duratracs are good for deep snow but in general I think there are better ATs for snow on the market. Falken's A/T3W being one of them.

OP
OP
joemussari

joemussari

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've run: 285/70, 285/75, 315/70 on these new Jeeps and the fuel economy, hand calculated, is within 1 MPG with whichever size you pick. Once you go away from the flimsy, paper-thin, lightweight factory tires, you take that big hit on fuel efficiency and there's no going back. So, at that point you may as well run the size that looks the best.

Duratracs are good for deep snow but in general I think there are better ATs for snow on the market. Falken's A/T3W being one of them.
im about 45 minutes west oh philly so we dont really get deep snow but when we do i just want to have a solid tire. rather be safe than sorry.
Sponsored