Sponsored

38mm Spacers Installed

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Hey all...I hope this works as I’ve never done this before. This weekend I put on a set of Goodyear Duratrac 265/70/17 on my stock rims. I got them from a friend who put a lift on his jeep and wanted bigger Duratracs for himself. I put Titan black hubsentric 38mm(1.5”) spacers also to give it a closer to zero offset. 44mm would have been zero offset. I torqued everything to specs (Spacer 110 ft lbs, wheels 130 ft lbs). My question to all you pros out there is, was this a safe thing to do as my Jeep just rolled over 2000 miles or am I taking a chance with the integrity of the mounting or the warranty?

17A6B84B-7C85-44C4-AC17-0F4E5C4B2C98.jpeg

D8A2B893-643E-49BF-8555-B3B9F5DF527F.jpeg
Sponsored

Heinoceros

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
well i wouldnt worry about the warranty, since if you have a problem you can just unbolt them and remove them. No one has to know.

but what are you using them for? is it just the aesthetics of a wider stance? I dont know how much they cost but it seems like just getting bigger tires would do a lot more for the aesthetics.

changing the wheel offset significantly away from what the suspension is designed for will put extra load on the wheel bearings. I would be shocked if the ones you are using would cause significant issues though. The hubs and wheels on the jeep are reasonably heavy duty.

Donkey Fluffer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU and 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
It shouldn't be an issue. While I'm not familiar with that brand, I've used Synergy and Spidertrax for many thousands of miles on three other Jeeps, on and off road, with no early failures or anything else I could tell. Your mileage may vary, but I wouldn't worry.

OP
OP
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Thanks you guys. I did just put them on for looks. The Titan spacers cost $115 shipped to my door through Amazon. This is my first Jeep and I don’t want to break anything too soon!
Sponsored