Sponsored

What exhaust upgrade did you go with? Cool one from MBRP...

OP
OP
DylanR

DylanR

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I just realized this rock basher set up from aFe is really a shorty pipe... I am thinking it would end up right behind the rear seats at the front of the rear left tire. I am thinking this would be more drone in the cab...

Basically it’s just a really short pipe — muffler — then short pipe. I know my exhaust guy could build that easy... even extend it further out away from cab.

thinking even more so now about just finding a muffler and having him finish it out.
Sponsored

Daniel-J

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Occupation
Freelancer
I did something similar to that on the first video, if I have time, I will try to upload my photos.

RealMcCoy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
Occupation
Retired
Hey folks, first post and now an owner of my 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon. I did the MBRP stainless muffler swap and found no real MPH gains or HP. That is only by my Butt Dyno.
I Like the sound and as it continues to break in the sound seems to deepen and not the raspy tone that some of you folks may refer to.
Just my .02 on sound, looks, and feel.

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
I decided on the aFe Apollo exhaust. Spent the last 5 yrs in my JK with a droning dynomax, so it was worth it to splurge imo. Now I just need to pick up my Jeep this week... can’t wait to hear how it sounds

Sponsored

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport - Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered the Flowmaster american thunder exhaust. Seemed to sound the best from the videos they posted. I'll do a video review once I get it and post it to youtube and then link it here.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
I just ordered the Flowmaster american thunder exhaust. Seemed to sound the best from the videos they posted. I'll do a video review once I get it and post it to youtube and then link it here.
The price is right on this one. Interested in your video review.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
So far I'm liking the MagnaFlow Rock Crawler of those I've seen / heard here.

I have a deep and quiet on my 496. I certainly don't want a loud 6 banger, but that's just me . . . some better music will be what I'm after! :)

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
So far I'm liking the MagnaFlow Rock Crawler of those I've seen / heard here.

I have a deep and quiet on my 496. I certainly don't want a loud 6 banger, but that's just me . . . some better music will be what I'm after! :)
Qobuz via my iPhone gets me quality sound no matter your music taste. If you can hear a difference it`s heads and shoulders above other music services.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Qobuz via my iPhone gets me quality sound no matter your music taste. If you can hear a difference it`s heads and shoulders above other music services.
An excellent tip. I use both Spotify and Pandora but sometimes feel the audio could be better. But I should apologize because I meant some better sound/tone of an exhaust upgrade; not into loud 6 cyl. exhausts.

Sponsored

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase

BrandRezake

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Controls Engineer/Entertainment Program Manager
Just throwing this out there... AFE is having a 20% off sale today. I grabbed the hi tuck for a great price! And free shipping...

Casreyn

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S max tow
Can you get the same performance upgrade if you picked up a muffler then let the shop custom bend and weld up a 2.5 - 3” pipe?

what’s the advantage / disadvantage of that...
Keep in mind the AFE set up is stainless steel... by the time you purchase the supplies and pay a shop to bend and weld it you most likely will be close to if not over the price... I just picked up this exhaust (AFE rock basher 3” stainless steel) on sale for $293.99 and free shipping.

Last edited:

RealMcCoy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
Occupation
Retired
Hey,
Flowmaster is one bad muffler. I have on on my Ford 6.7 diesel and love that sucker. I wish I knew Flowmaster made one for the Gladiator. Who knows I may move in that direction later. I currently have the 3" MBRP and it puts the sound where it is supposed to be, at the end of the pipe.
Let us know how your new Flowmaster sounds.

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
I have the MBRP stainless high clearance exhaust. Nice kit, perfect fit, sounds really good. Have about 750 miles on it. My only complaint is that it does drone a bit. You hear it at the 2200-2600 RPM range when cruising. Not unbearable but noticeable. Anyone else with the MBRP exhaust have this issue? I'm gonna call the manufacturer to see if they have a fix for it.
Sponsored