Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
OH NOOOOOO. DONT SAY THAT!
I’m only 2.5 hours from the plant in Toledo.
I suspect if I lived where you do mine would already be there.......... heck, I'd be willing pull the thing to the dealer on my trailer with my WJ if I was that close.
Seriously, hoping yours gets loaded up and delivered the same day, even-free.

Advertisement

Capt. B

First Name
Captain B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Galdiator, 2002 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Gobi Edition
Just checked last night, I'm in D1. Ordered 10/14, planning a Xmas delivery.
Me too, ordered 10/21 and although the dealer advised build date was yesterday, still in D1. I too am expecting a Christmas (or later) delivery.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered 10/17 and it went to production on Monday the 4th, got the sticker on the 9th, was told it was loaded on truck late Sunday night - arrived at dealer lot earlier today.
Hope to have it this week - he said he was trying to get it "run through their shop" but I ordered undercoating and such so likely it won't be for a day or two.
Gladiator.jpg

Shorty064

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Purchased Gladiator Rubicon 10 31 19
Ordered 10/28/19. Estimated ship 11/13/19
Station D1: 11/07/19
Production Status: D1 10/31/19
Scheduled build 11/11/19.

This was as of today 11/09/19 @ 8:30 AM.

Edit:
So if “Estimated ship” is the Estimated build date and I now see Scheduled build a couple days sooner on 11/11?
Woooo Hooooo.
If timing holds true from what I’ve seen on some posts, then I am hoping the completed build and ready to ship is 5 days later than the actual build date or 11/16?
Would be AWESOME to take delivery in time for Thanksgiving holiday!!!!!
Ordered mine 10 31 Cant Wait

Sponsored

Shorty064

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Purchased Gladiator Rubicon 10 31 19
Ordered 10/17 and it went to production on Monday the 4th, got the sticker on the 9th, was told it was loaded on truck late Sunday night - arrived at dealer lot earlier today.
Hope to have it this week - he said he was trying to get it "run through their shop" but I ordered undercoating and such so likely it won't be for a day or two.
Gladiator.jpg
Congrats

giskard

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW i3s
Gladiator.jpg
Nice, congratulations! Sharp looking truck. I think that's the first one I've seen with body colored fenders and hard top. I'm still waiting for my build sheet to show up ...

Sky Soldier

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon current, sold: 2017 JKU Rubicon Recon, 2007 JKU Sahara, 1995 2dr Sport, 1979 CJ7 AMC 304
Occupation
Retired
Nice, congratulations! Sharp looking truck. I think that's the first one I've seen with body colored fenders and hard top. I'm still waiting for my build sheet to show up ...
Wow! I ordered my JTR on October 8 and it is not expected until November 19. I wonder why.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Picked it up tonight. Too dark to really see it so got it home (about 30 miles in the dark on a windy night) and parked it. Have to take it back next week for the undercoating and some other stuff - they didn't have time this week to get that done.
The window sticker they gave me was cool - said this vehicle was built specifically for and my name (or words similar to that) Really cool.
So ordered on 10/17 and it left Toledo on 11/10 night, arrived in Des Moines 11/12 am and I picked it up tonight, 11/12. Less than a full month. I think they were surprised as they said the typical is still 6-8 weeks.

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Granite Crystal. Black Freedom Top & Fenders. Rock Krawler 3” Pro-X No limits Lift,
Picked it up tonight. Too dark to really see it so got it home (about 30 miles in the dark on a windy night) and parked it. Have to take it back next week for the undercoating and some other stuff - they didn't have time this week to get that done.
The window sticker they gave me was cool - said this vehicle was built specifically for and my name (or words similar to that) Really cool.
So ordered on 10/17 and it left Toledo on 11/10 night, arrived in Des Moines 11/12 am and I picked it up tonight, 11/12. Less than a full month. I think they were surprised as they said the typical is still 6-8 weeks.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
I’ll bet you feel like a proud dad with a newborn!
My dealer told me 3-4 weeks but did a CYA and mentioned shipping logistics.
Hopefully they have the production line bugs ironed out and the plant is humming along.
There’s always growing pains with new production process/tooling.
Don’t ask how I know.

Sponsored

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Granite Crystal. Black Freedom Top & Fenders. Rock Krawler 3” Pro-X No limits Lift,
Oh happy days!!!!
My Jeep went into framing (E) status yesterday.
If timing holds true to latest estimates I “should” be driving it next week???

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Oh happy days!!!!
My Jeep went into framing (E) status yesterday.
If timing holds true to latest estimates I “should” be driving it next week???
That means it went into framing status Tuesday, that makes it not far from the timing on mine a week ago - so, fingers crossed, could be middle of next week - end of next week worst case. If things time out similar to mine, and that's only an uneducated guess, yeah, could be middle of next week. Once it enters that phase it seems to go fairly quickly. The dealer was telling me some of the things are delayed because someone orders something that's not as common or as popular and it holds them up because in this "just-in-time" age of manufacturing they stock only what they expect to sell. He said manual transmission vehicles are taking sometimes weeks longer, he named a couple of other options as well that he said seem to be taking longer than what mine did.
Your vehicle should be really nice looking, and well equipped. In a way maybe I should have gone Rubicon - better towing and such and by the time I added the equipment to mine the price wouldn't have been that much different really. Oh, well, still really like this truck so far, even though I haven't really seen it because of the weather and it was DARK LOL
I can always add different tires and other stuff.

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually the only model with highest towing is the Sport S with optional Max Towing package. 7600 lbs. All others are maxed at 7000 lbs. Rubicon can’t go higher because of front suspension components for trail and also Max towing uses Wide Dana axles vs Dana 44.

We just had our first snowfall. About a foot here. The Jeep would have been fun to test in it but.....
Soon, very soon.

giskard

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW i3s
Actually the only model with highest towing is the Sport S with optional Max Towing package. 7600 lbs. All others are maxed at 7000 lbs. Rubicon can’t go higher because of front suspension components for trail and also Max towing uses Wide Dana axles vs Dana 44.

We just had our first snowfall. About a foot here. The Jeep would have been fun to test in it but.....
Soon, very soon.
Actually, the Overland has a lower tow rating of 6000 lb (with auto). The Rubicon has more weight, but an even higher GVWR than the Overland to make up for it. Not to mention better gearing for towing in the diffs and slightly wider/beefier axles. If you want a manual transmission (like mine) you can't get max tow on a Sport S, so your max tow/payload option is the Rubicon.

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Jeep Chat just let me know my JT has moved into Build Status: E (Framing).

Just so it gets built before Thanksgiving Holiday break for the Factory

Advertisement

Advertisement