Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Test Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
There were a couple of pics on this forum of the Tacoma shell on the Gladiator but that’s it as far as I know. The version that is on the Toyota LC 79 has fairly vertical sidewalls so I think that’s what we’d get for the Jeep.
I’ll do a full write up as soon as I get it installed for others to see.
Awesome, that'd be much appreciated. Thank you!
Sponsored

MotoBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2001 BMW M5, 2014 Yamaha WR250R, 2010 BMW R1200R,
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
These are definitely my favorite option so far. But they haven't released any official pictures of what it will look like on the bed, except one that i saw leaked, and it wasn't quite as vertical in shape as the Jeep cabin lines are. It is so close to being exactly what I want, but I'm eagerly awaiting real photos, and how it will mount, and much weight it can actually take if its only mounted to the bed rails.

I can't believe how many bed racks came out for the Gladiator, but so few canopies! All in good time I suppose, I hear patience is a virtue.

meadowsdad

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Im really anxious for either a one piece top/ cap or a full bed cap. ARE is working on one but I cant get a date. One issue on the cap is it would have to be the textured black option in order to match most tops. Hopefully our prayers are answered soon!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
I'll "fold" on the RLD, but "raise" you on the idea of the www.rsismartcap.com !
Like many of the imports, not fiberglass, and in RSI's SmartCap -- 2 versions; EVO & EVOc ! Currently on the website you will not see these on a Gladiator . . . BUT . . . by Early 2020 I suspect we will ! Why? Because I had a Very Nice informative email exchange with DAN the Company VP ! He answered all my concerns and wishes about the Gladiator's Canopy Design (& by the way both the Crew / Quad RAM DT's). RSI has had the CAD's for both Trucks for awhile and working on Designs that will be True to the Gladiator Design Lines -- no steep sloping sides or odd looking rear or height . The Gladiator SmartCap's - the EVO & EVOc (commercial model) will be slightly below or at the same height as the hardtop roofline, according to DAN, and will follow closely the angle of the Cab -sides and rear ! This is good news, to me anyway, as I've become Very Interested . . . especially since These will be made for the RAM's too ! I could swing either way at this point, and knowing I can pick & choose for either Truck is awesome ! :like:

OP
OP
BlackDog

BlackDog

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR / 2005 Grand Cherokee
@Lou3.6 Did that VP give you any info on timeline for either pics or release date?

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
@Lou3.6 Did that VP give you any info on timeline for either pics or release date?
Ryan, sorry but nothing SPECIFIC, but he did emphasize being at the 2020 Overland EXPO (May 13-15) with these items . But I'm also hopeful the WEBSITE will be updated by Early MARCH with the Gladiator & RAM items . If I were savvy, I'd just post the email here . . . he did provide a very nice angled photo of A current EVO showing the interior . . . like it's "floating in thin air". EDIT: A YouTube search for SEMA 2019 will reveal some Current models and the website is growing weekly with stuff ! I haven't checked the website today, but the photo may be on their site ? They have Canopies for trucks you would see in Africa & Australia , it's not like the company sprang up yesterday ! My only slight concern would be in the "FIT" of the 5 pieces when fully assembled .
But I can see a couple means, easily done, IF that were to become an issue . Only issue would be Air & water tightness .
Thanks for the Q . . . it gave me the Remembering to mention that FITMENT I was slightly concerned about, and later today I will send off another email to VP DAN . Have you visited the website ? Pretty cool compared to 2 others I HAD been looking at -- Alu-Cab & RDL (?) . . . see I've already put that last one out of my mind, cause as I remember it the Hinges were a Problem waiting to happen, for me ! Don't like that exposed hinges thing . Same reason years ago went with an A.R.E. Cap vs. LEER ! Leer STILL hasn't changed that (in 15 years).

Last edited:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Ryan, sorry but nothing SPECIFIC, but he did emphasize being at the 2020 Overland EXPO (May 13-15) with these items . But I'm also hopeful the WEBSITE will be updated by Early MARCH with the Gladiator & RAM items . If I were savvy, I'd just post the email here . . . he did provide a very nice angled photo of A current EVO showing the interior . . . like it's "floating in thin air". EDIT: A YouTube search for SEMA 2019 will reveal some Current models and the website is growing weekly with stuff ! I haven't checked the website today, but the photo may be on their site ? They have Canopies for trucks you would see in Africa & Australia , it's not like the company sprang up yesterday ! My only slight concern would be in the "FIT" of the 5 pieces when fully assembled .
But I can see a couple means, easily done, IF that were to become an issue . Only issue would be Air & water tightness .
Thanks for the Q . . . it gave me the Remembering to mention that FITMENT I was slightly concerned about, and later today I will send off another email to VP DAN . Have you visited the website ? Pretty cool compared to 2 others I HAD been looking at -- Alu-Cab & RDL (?) . . . see I've already put that last one out of my mind, cause as I remember it the Hinges were a Problem waiting to happen, for me ! Don't like that exposed hinges thing . Same reason years ago went with an A.R.E. Cap vs. LEER ! Leer STILL hasn't changed that (in 15 years).
So now you're leaning towards rsi and alu cab?

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So now you're leaning towards rsi and alu cab?
Well, it's an ever changing world . . . and until I'm actually gonna DO IT, It's best to keep eyes open for "the next best thing?". Even my timeline fluctuates . . . currently in-between my 2 Fly Fishing trips 2020 . That means placing an order for a truck for an estimated delivery between May 20 and Sept. 10 . SO, YES, More so toward RSI . . . based on my conversations (emails) . . . I think their Gladiator AND also RAM 1500's Canopies are gonna be a much better Fit (design) . . . and also because I am still undecided on Gladiator Sport S w/max tow or RAM DT 1500 Laramie Quad w/ORP . Whenever I get email updates (on either RSI or Alu-Cab) I'll pass that info. along !
edit 1/2 hour later -- I can elaborate . . . as I said, It's an ever changing world and that includes little things like, where I live, what garage door height I can get etcetera . the garage is a big factor for the Alu-cab Canopy Camper (the Ursa Minor looking unit) . Still really like it, but also that ~500 lbs. always on the truck bothers me . SO next best thing - just a CAP, or Canopy (as the Aussies & S. African's say). RTT's are easier to put on / off or if I go with the Full sized RAM, I could sleep inside the Canopy covered bed ( this would be ideal ! Perhaps I should add some posts to the RAM Forum (I'm 'JustMe' over their).
Sponsored

Last edited: