Tight Responsive Steering- post here.

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
Definitely taking it seriously. There seems to be many that have a steering problem and FCA needs to figure out the problem and fix it. Yesterday, on my way home from work, I flew past at JT on I-75 that looked like he/she had their hands full. They were in the right lane (of 3), barely doing 60-65, and all over the road (line to line). I was only going 74 (in a 70)
Could they of possible been drunk/drugged or texting? In my part of the country that is what I would of suspected.
Sponsored

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Stock Rubicon- not lifted, stock AT tires, it drives straight, no shimmy. I'm coming from a 2003 TJ Rubicon that I bought new and modified that developed shimmy and later death wobble due to;
1. Bent wheels
2. Worn ball joints
3. Loose TREs
4. Wallowed track bar mount
5. Loose track bar
6. Loose pitman arm
7. Worn unit bearings
8. Worn control arm bushings

If/when my JT Rubicon develops steering problems, I will upgrade to the PSC hydro retrofit kit.

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon

Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
It's probably good to also identify build date and major options to see if there is a pattern. Mine is a stock manual Rubicon with the mud tires, upgraded rims, without any the electronic safety features, and was built 9/2019. The steering is great at any tire psi. The tires came with 41 psi, and I reset them to 35 psi. Note also the high and low presets on tire inflation work great on this Rubicon build date.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
  1. I would say 98% good. I have a slight drift but I cannot correlate it with the group that is posting more significant issues. I may have a 1/2 inch gap between left and right at the top of the steering wheel. I'd say that is normal. I think this dam truck is an amazing ride and steer. I just did Tail of the Dragon with it at Deals Gap Tenn/NC Border. 313 turns in 11 miles. Bad Ass!
The only very little drift I get is around 50. I can cut and jump lanes in this truck like I never could in a 13 F150 STX Extend Cab 4X$ or even my 05 Unlimited 6speed.

I think this thing drives great!

powerwagon48

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Rubicon , auto, 3000 miles, 2" MOPAR lift, 35's @ 37 PSI...no issues on the street or highway

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Rubicon , auto, 3000 miles, 2" MOPAR lift, 35's @ 37 PSI...no issues on the street or highway
Hello, did the 2" Mopar Lift give you a full 2 inches relative to the stock Rubicon springs ? or is it less with the Rubicon Springs vs. the Sport Springs ? Thanks in advance.

powerwagon48

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Hello, did the 2" Mopar Lift give you a full 2 inches relative to the stock Rubicon springs ? or is it less with the Rubicon Springs vs. the Sport Springs ? Thanks in advance.
It was closer to 1 3/4"...still has a slight rake to it
Sponsored