Reaction score
Website
raptoreventsflorida.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Realistic Dinosaur Entertainment | Marketing | Jeeper
Vehicle Showcase
Are we talking about hard or soft tops here? My 2016 JKURHR hard top never leaks.
to be honest this happend in all my soft tops like now JT and my JL Hardtop
Sponsored

OP
OP
JTguy2020

JTguy2020

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
raptoreventsflorida.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Realistic Dinosaur Entertainment | Marketing | Jeeper
Vehicle Showcase
Got a video of the leak?
oh yeah i have video. dealership has no clue smh how can they make an automobile and NOT know about this horrible situation. every jeep should go through a thorough water test. common sense!

rodhotter

Banned
Banned
First Name
bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan frontier SV 2001 audi TT 225Q
some seepage can be expected with a soft top or removable tops after use but major leaks are NOT acceptable at this price range!

Jellygladiator

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
retired
My jku leaked like the titanic! Finally I just took out carpet and floor plugs.
Figured out the rain channel stopped 1/2 inch short of it moving the water away. WTF fca I know yas do a water test as long as we are waiting for builds whatā€™s another half inch?!

Cookncrew

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Front passenger side filled rear soaked. Checked the tops could not see anything out of line. Heavy florida rains maybe but will let the dealer look at it.

51807828-09CE-456B-9E8D-A4D82973E743.jpeg

013AB494-A01C-40B3-9508-AADDD77B1C91.jpeg

2B2257FF-14D0-4838-AA05-57E4915F2ACD.jpeg

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Front passenger side filled rear soaked. Checked the tops could not see anything out of line. Heavy florida rains maybe but will let the dealer look at it.

51807828-09CE-456B-9E8D-A4D82973E743.jpeg

013AB494-A01C-40B3-9508-AADDD77B1C91.jpeg

2B2257FF-14D0-4838-AA05-57E4915F2ACD.jpeg
Hello Cookncrew,
We are certainly sorry to hear about your recent leak. Please keep us updated if you decide to have your dealer address your concern. We are available through private message if additional assistance is needed.
Laura
JeepCares

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Just to cover the obvious, did you check the rubber seal at the top of the windshield frame corner where the door/top/windshield come together? If the seal gets pinched the wrong way there, which is easy to do, it'll not work correctly.

Here in KY, it rains so hard sometimes that you literally can't see the lines on the highway and I've never seen a drop of water come into my JLU or JT.

SkyKing

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Iā€™ve got a 2020 Overland. This week I found water coming in from the rear window. I did find the porthole unlatched but it still leaks with it latched. Looks like eater enters a long the entire base of the aft section.
I've got the ARE cap, canā€™t imagine thatā€™s a factor.
Iā€™ve got less than 7000 miles on this rig, freedom tops have been off once but the aft roof is still factory installed. Iā€™ve never noticed it before, I canā€™t imaging the top would suddenly start leaking.

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
Old thread but I guess its now my turn to float a rubber ducky.....

2020 Overland with hardtop. Just cracked 5K miles. Its been heavy rains this week and my front passenger floor has had a ton of standing water (I do park facing down hill). It even wicked to the rear passenger carpet.

I took the carpet out to dry it and mopped everything up, then added a fan on high for two days. The sun came out for a while, so between the fan and sun it dried up. I also took the top panels off and re-seated them thinking that's where the water was getting in since the passenger seat was damp too. And, although I was hoping for the best, I placed towels strategically on the passenger side to see if it would catch the mess.

And..... then it rained again. So, the towel on the passenger door sill was soaked and there was standing water on the front passenger floor again. This time, I got in while it was raining and found my leak. Its coming from the rear, top part of the door where the roof meets it.

I get that Jeeps leak. This isn't my first Jeep. And, I can take a few drips here and there. But, I'm not happy with a $50K truck leaking like a faucet is on. (My wife is NOT happy her seat is getting wet :facepalm:.) It never leaked before.

Hopefully the dealer will be willing to fixing this without a hack job. I took a video to show them how much it leaks.
(Photo was after I got in drivers side and climbed to passenger side. I didn't open the passenger door.)

Jeep Gladiator LEAKING Issues? IMG_3206.JPG

Here's the floor after I mopped it up twice and the towel on door sill was soaking wet and I wrung it out:

Jeep Gladiator LEAKING Issues? IMG_3201.JPG

This amount of water leaking is unacceptable on a new truck.

If anyone else has had a leak in this area, please advise how it was remedied. Or if @nlicalsi91 can let me know how he made out.....

Sponsored

02sahara

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Construction
Iā€™m with you on this one. Iā€™m in the low country and just started getting a leak on the top rear corner of the drivers door. Iā€™ve got 6k miles and this has just started. It rained the other day and had water dripping on my elbow. Opening and closing the door fixed it. Then this morning it did it again. I havenā€™t checked the carpet yetā€¦Iā€™m going to pop the tops and reinstall them and see if that has any affect. My corner gasket looks fine and is good and clean as well.

Let me know what the dealer says and Iā€™ll see if the tops might be part of the issue next time it rains.

02sahara

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Construction
Update on my case. I had the top all the way off over the the 4th and I suspected something was a little loose after the reinstall. I took the freedom toys off yesterday and the drivers side rear top screw was a little loose. Just me being in a hurry putting the top back and didnā€™t get it tight. I just went through a good rain and no leaking. I think the gasket was loose and Iā€™ll definitely pay close attention when Iā€™m putting the tops on for the gaskets.

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
Update on my case. I had the top all the way off over the the 4th and I suspected something was a little loose after the reinstall. I took the freedom toys off yesterday and the drivers side rear top screw was a little loose. Just me being in a hurry putting the top back and didnā€™t get it tight. I just went through a good rain and no leaking. I think the gasket was loose and Iā€™ll definitely pay close attention when Iā€™m putting the tops on for the gaskets.
Glad you got it sorted.

After a few scheduling issues (or actually denial of the dealer to even look at it), I finally got an appointment at a different dealer for a "water tech" to look at my leak. But, not until August 4th.
Sponsored