Sponsored

Instrument cluster flickering :(

bloran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline. Gator Gladiator Rubicon
Anyone's instrument display cluster flicker? Mine constantly flickers and drives my eyes nuts... Also the dimmer dial on the left for the interior lights does nothing. Probably related to the flicker.... Just picked it up Monday and will be taking it back tomorrow. :mad: Hopefully just a loose wire or something.
Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Anyone's instrument display cluster flicker? Mine constantly flickers and drives my eyes nuts... Also the dimmer dial on the left for the interior lights does nothing. Probably related to the flicker.... Just picked it up Monday and will be taking it back tomorrow. :mad: Hopefully just a loose wire or something.
Hi bloran,
How did your dealer visit go? If you need any assistance while working with your dealer, please send our team a PM.
Alex
JeepCares

OP
OP

bloran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi bloran,
How did your dealer visit go? If you need any assistance while working with your dealer, please send our team a PM.
Alex
JeepCares
I dropped my truck off at the dealership yesterday but have not heard any update yet. Hopefully I hear something later today. Gut wrenching taking a brand new truck in for an issue before the dealership even cashed my check....

If things don't go well, I will certainly PM you for help. Thanks!

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I dropped my truck off at the dealership yesterday but have not heard any update yet. Hopefully I hear something later today. Gut wrenching taking a brand new truck in for an issue before the dealership even cashed my check....

If things don't go well, I will certainly PM you for help. Thanks!
Hi bloren,
Thank you for keeping us in the loop. We're here to help if needed.
Alex
JeepCares

OP
OP

bloran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I heard back from service department. They are having the Chrysler field rep come look at it. He says it may take a week or so... :puke::crying::crying:

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of people have had/are having the same issue. I believe almost everyone that has pursued it ended up with their dealer replacing it as a warranty fix, but I could be wrong. Im having the same problem and intend to pursue the warranty fix.

OP
OP

bloran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot of people have had/are having the same issue. I believe almost everyone that has pursued it ended up with their dealer replacing it as a warranty fix, but I could be wrong. Im having the same problem and intend to pursue the warranty fix.
Well they are fixing it under warranty and gave me a loaner. Still sux horribly that I had it for 3 days and had to take it in already and probably will not get it back for a couple weeks :crying::crying::crying:

Are you saying some people are just living with it? It was really annoying watching that fancy LED display wiggle and dance constantly.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Well they are fixing it under warranty and gave me a loaner. Still sux horribly that I had it for 3 days and had to take it in already and probably will not get it back for a couple weeks :crying::crying::crying:

Are you saying some people are just living with it? It was really annoying watching that fancy LED display wiggle and dance constantly.

My assumption is that the degree of which it flickers is different for everyone. Mine is only occasional and I usually only notice it out of the corner of my eye while driving. So i have been living with it until i have the time to commit to warranty work.

glad theyre fixing yours though! It certainly stinks to loose the truck for a bit but atleast theyā€™re correcting the problem.

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
The dial on the left is for the "accent" lights. You probably don't even notice them unless it's really dark when you mess with it, but it dims the floorboard lights and cup holder lights.

OP
OP

bloran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine was a constant flicker.

I just picked it up and flicker is gone!! On the way home I got a message that some apps are not available?? Now apps like off road pages, market, and some others are greyed out? Is this just an update going on or another issue :( The message didnā€™t say why the apps are not available....

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was a constant flicker.

I just picked it up and flicker is gone!! On the way home I got a message that some apps are not available?? Now apps like off road pages, market, and some others are greyed out? Is this just an update going on or another issue :( The message didnā€™t say why the apps are not available....

call your dealer. They may not have updated the radio if they replaced it with another one.

OP
OP

bloran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
call your dealer. They may not have updated the radio if they replaced it with another one.
I hope that is the case. It works in the morning but then at some point during the day I get the "Some apps are currently unavailable" message and they stop working. Happens every day so far (Friday, Saturday, Sunday).

OP
OP

bloran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just checked the paper work. They did not replace the radio, only the instrument cluster... :(

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I just checked the paper work. They did not replace the radio, only the instrument cluster... :(
Odd...keep us posted on what the dealership does next. Seems to me they should have replaced it outright..maybe contact jeep cares.

OP
OP

bloran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Odd...keep us posted on what the dealership does next. Seems to me they should have replaced it outright..maybe contact jeep cares.
Only my instrument cluster was flickering.
Sponsored