Sponsored

The most shocking thing I hate about my Gladiator......

sad85XD

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Firecracker Red 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon "Azazel"
Occupation
Auditor
No, literally..... Is anyone constantly electrically shocked by their truck? I swear every time I get out and touch the door I get a nice blue static bolt into my hand. Different shoes, coat, etc... doesnt seem to matter. Ive never been literally shocked so much since I tried on those water proof socks....
Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
No, literally..... Is anyone constantly electrically shocked by their truck? I swear every time I get out and touch the door I get a nice blue static bolt into my hand. Different shoes, coat, etc... doesnt seem to matter. Ive never been literally shocked so much since I tried on those water proof socks....
#MeToo . . . and I don't even own a Gladiator . . . this goes on daily (the days I use it; my 2016 Grand Cherokee with Cloth seats) , , , do I need to hang a Grounding Strap from the undercarriage to the Road ?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Yup - the cloth seats - happens a lot with my 04 WJ. I notice it with most cloth seat vehicles but never saw it on my 73 I suspect because the fabric is totally different than pretty much any other car.
If there's nylon in it, it's likely going to shock you and the shock could shock you if not ready for it.

OP
OP
sad85XD

sad85XD

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Auditor
Yup - the cloth seats - happens a lot with my 04 WJ. I notice it with most cloth seat vehicles but never saw it on my 73 I suspect because the fabric is totally different than pretty much any other car.
If there's nylon in it, it's likely going to shock you and the shock could shock you if not ready for it.
But.... I got leather seats.....

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I get some static build up, I just touch the door latch to dissipate it. But mine is from my butt cushion, sometimes I just slide out of the seat onto the ground.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
But.... I got leather seats.....
Come to think of it - my Chevy did, too, and it shocked me........forgot about that I hadn't driven it much lately.
Now is it ALL leather or leather "trimmed" with some vinyl - I never figured out why they said "leather trimmed" unless it's because not ALL of that seat is truly leather.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I get some static build up, I just touch the door latch to dissipate it. But mine is from my butt cushion, sometimes I just slide out of the seat onto the ground.
I sincerely hope FEET first - the way it reads, well, could mean butt first or head first - just sort of slide out and land LOL That sounds more like me!

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
I get shocked exiting my ram all of the time. It has cloth seats.

Love the video too! Ace was a better guitar player than he got credit for.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
nope, never. most unfortunate. Mine is very well behaved.

Sponsored

OP
OP
sad85XD

sad85XD

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Auditor
Come to think of it - my Chevy did, too, and it shocked me........forgot about that I hadn't driven it much lately.
Now is it ALL leather or leather "trimmed" with some vinyl - I never figured out why they said "leather trimmed" unless it's because not ALL of that seat is truly leather.
This isn't something like a bad ground would cause would it?

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
I was just commenting on this yesterday. I've owned a variety of different vehicles, but I can't think of any that I get shocked as often as this thing.

Sespe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Well, humidity is supposed to drop back down to 8% tomorrow, so I'll let you know.

guntrust

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LawNews.TV
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
something legal
now i'm glad I got leather...you can always put some kind of insulating cover over the cloth, or hook yourself up to more trail lights
Sponsored