Sponsored

Day 121 report, still plugging away! 20,355 miles!

OP
OP
Breaktrack

Breaktrack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I was wondering . . . does your model of Mr. Buddy Heater (I see the box in a photo) get the job done in that (not made for winter) tent ? I have the bigger model I've used sparingly in my 9x8x6 Kodiak Canvas tent - works great .
Yeah, it actually did a pretty good job. My sleeping setup was quite warm, but I did run it some at night just to take the worst of the chill off. Mostly in the mornings though by leaning out of the sleeping bag and starting it up, and once it had warmed up nicely, climbing out.

Mac
Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Yeah, it actually did a pretty good job. My sleeping setup was quite warm, but I did run it some at night just to take the worst of the chill off. Mostly in the mornings though by leaning out of the sleeping bag and starting it up, and once it had warmed up nicely, climbing out.

Mac
Cool. I have a suggestion . . . next round of photos, could you please break them up into smaller posts / not one Very Long and SLOOOOOOOW loading ? Would also make it a lot easier to reply to a certain photo as well. :) ;)

OP
OP
Breaktrack

Breaktrack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Cool. I have a suggestion . . . next round of photos, could you please break them up into smaller posts / not one Very Long and SLOOOOOOOW loading ? Would also make it a lot easier to reply to a certain photo as well. :) ;)
I understand, but I was posting straight from my iPhone, so I was just doing what I could to get them posted, lol.

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
There is so much there that I’m already planning in my head for another trip.
I highly recommend White Rim Road(trail) upon your return: https://www.nps.gov/cany/planyourvisit/whiterimroad.htm

Should take you a few days in the gladiator, access is limited and you need a permit for overnight...and they can be hard to get...so I'm suggesting this for your return so you can procure the permit in advance of your travels! Oh and if you do go, please post photos as always! :) While Moab is remote...that trail made me feel so much MORE remote.

Thanks for taking us along on your travels.

OP
OP
Breaktrack

Breaktrack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I highly recommend White Rim Road(trail) upon your return: https://www.nps.gov/cany/planyourvisit/whiterimroad.htm

Should take you a few days in the gladiator, access is limited and you need a permit for overnight...and they can be hard to get...so I'm suggesting this for your return so you can procure the permit in advance of your travels! Oh and if you do go, please post photos as always! :) While Moab is remote...that trail made me feel so much MORE remote.

Thanks for taking us along on your travels.
Yeah, White Rim is very much on the planning agenda for sure!!

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
I understand, but I was posting straight from my iPhone, so I was just doing what I could to get them posted, lol.
Yes I know . . . I'm referring to any FURTHER postings you might send for our enjoyment.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the second hand road trip.. just keep it up post away, I should be doing what you are but. I at least got to do some of it in Europe with my MJ in mid 90s. Stuck with the "soft" retirement from Army. Otherwise known as screwed over one. So I'm doing it vicariously through this and a few others. But thinking about just "walking" from the rat race.

BHFSL

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Really enjoyed. Plan to share with my wife to get her in the mood for a similar trip. If not, then maybe alone is the way to go? Only mine will be Punk'n not red. 61 and Air Force retired.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Really enjoyed. Plan to share with my wife to get her in the mood for a similar trip. If not, then maybe alone is the way to go? Only mine will be Punk'n not red. 61 and Air Force retired.
Well, if you can't get your wife "in the mood", then there's little point bringing her along. :giggle:

Sponsored

Capt. B

First Name
Captain B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Galdiator, 2002 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Gobi Edition
Really nice. You deserve it Soldier.

morejeepsthanicancount

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Vehicle Showcase
Hoping to see more of your adventures unfold. Really enjoyed the report

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Happy to see you out and enjoying the Gladiator. Your pics got me itching for traveling that part of the world again. Any chance you remember where this pic was taken? I’ve spent a good chunk of time in that area (20 yrs ago) and this one sparked a memory that just won’t come clear.....
Jeep Gladiator Day 121 report, still plugging away! 20,355 miles! 1591895359529

THANKS!

OP
OP
Breaktrack

Breaktrack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Happy to see you out and enjoying the Gladiator. Your pics got me itching for traveling that part of the world again. Any chance you remember where this pic was taken? I’ve spent a good chunk of time in that area (20 yrs ago) and this one sparked a memory that just won’t come clear.....
Jeep Gladiator Day 121 report, still plugging away! 20,355 miles! 1591895359529

THANKS!
Yeah, this was in Emigrant, Montana, south of Livingston. You go toward Chico Hot Springs and drive past the resort on up the gravel road. You turn left onto Emigrant Creek Road, and keep driving, lol. Been up there a couple of times in two different Jeeps.

OP
OP
Breaktrack

Breaktrack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Mac thanks for the great pictures and taking us along on your trip.
You mentioned you got a new tent...what happened?
Wow, I don't remember seeing this post, I'm sorry I didn't answer it! My first tent I used in the beginning of my trip turned out to just be inadequate, so, when I got to Alaska, I gave it away to some folks and got a different one. Still not ideal, but taller and I didn't have to bend over near as much while moving around in it. It lasted till I got back down to the Pacific Coast where, when I went to put it up at the military resort at Pacific Beach, I found I had snapped the primary load bearing pole and it was useless. Instead I stayed in motels until I got back to my Army buddy's place in Helena, Montana, and while there ordered the Gazelle T-4 I wound up with a love. Best tent I've ever owned and operated. I got the orange one, lol. That's the one I used in this series of pictures.

Mac
Sponsored