Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thesonsoflibertyband.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Gladiator Rubicon, Indian Spingfield
Occupation
Musician, Producer
I'm actually getting less excited for the truck to show up.. which I feel bad about. Hopefully once it gets here, if ever, then I'll regain interest. I don't see how some of the Launch Edition guys held on to their orders for 4+ months... I ordered mine 9/10 and still haven't seen it.
Ordered mine on 9/11...right there with you. This is definitely a case of knowing too much AND not enough. They give us enough to dangle the carrot, but not ALL of it.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I discussed this with the dealer when I picked mine up - I said there are people waiting who ordered in September, days, even weeks, before I did and here mine is. He's seen that and says it's typically with specific models, specific options, or combinations, things they have trouble getting, or have had issues with the combination, whatever. It's a roll of the dice for the buyers but apparently there are things that cause it in Toledo. He himself had a couple customers who ordered in September - he said it's typically manual transmission and more often than not, the Rubicon level that waits.

HydroRubi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Musician, Producer
I discussed this with the dealer when I picked mine up - I said there are people waiting who ordered in September, days, even weeks, before I did and here mine is. He's seen that and says it's typically with specific models, specific options, or combinations, things they have trouble getting, or have had issues with the combination, whatever. It's a roll of the dice for the buyers but apparently there are things that cause it in Toledo. He himself had a couple customers who ordered in September - he said it's typically manual transmission and more often than not, the Rubicon level that waits.
Or in MY case, the factory forgot to install something that is standard before sending across the street to have the bedliner done. And then waiting 5 weeks to walk the parts to them...It'd be nice if my dealer had made the phone call I did, a month earlier to find out WHY it was stuck....instead of just saying, that's how long it takes sometimes (ESPECIALLY when the evidence provided in this forum shows otherwise).

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Or in MY case, the factory forgot to install something that is standard before sending across the street to have the bedliner done. And then waiting 5 weeks to walk the parts to them...It'd be nice if my dealer had made the phone call I did, a month earlier to find out WHY it was stuck....instead of just saying, that's how long it takes sometimes (ESPECIALLY when the evidence provided in this forum shows otherwise).
OUCH!

HydroRubi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Musician, Producer

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator; 2005 VW Passat TDI; Previous: 1978 CJ5; 1997 TJ Sport.
Got the correct parts & installed the N-FAB Predator Pro steps...Now it is MUCH easier to get in!

20191114_111155.jpg

That's a poor picture. The shadow makes it look like there are too many steps...

20191114_111210.jpg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Got the correct parts & installed the N-FAB Predator Pro steps...Now it is MUCH easier to get in!

20191114_111155.jpg

That's a poor picture. The shadow makes it look like there are too many steps...

20191114_111210.jpg
In my opinion the factory Overland "step" is too high - by the time you step up to it you may as well step in, you are pretty much there already. Oh, well.

ntl158

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Rubicon JT
Exactly! You nailed it right there!

HydroRubi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Musician, Producer
Mine made it to the dealer yesterday! I finally saw it in person (I went to get the paperwork squared away). I pick it up today around 2 after it gets new 35” BFG ATs put on!
I know everyone that has seen one says it, and they are right. Pictures just aren’t the
same. This blue is beautiful!

also, my Rubi, with cloth seats, has the grey dash. I’ll get some pics this weekend.

Thank you all for the insight and support! This forum is great.

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator; 2005 VW Passat TDI; Previous: 1978 CJ5; 1997 TJ Sport.
Mine made it to the dealer yesterday!
Awesome! We ordered on the same day, and despite your prolonged purgatory in "JB" it only took yours one week longer than mine to arrive. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine! Welcome to the club.

Racer5112

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1961 Ford Falcon, 1980 Dodge Colt wagon, 2018 Dodge Journey
Vehicle Showcase
Mine made it to the dealer yesterday! I finally saw it in person (I went to get the paperwork squared away). I pick it up today around 2 after it gets new 35” BFG ATs put on!
I know everyone that has seen one says it, and they are right. Pictures just aren’t the
same. This blue is beautiful!

also, my Rubi, with cloth seats, has the grey dash. I’ll get some pics this weekend.

Thank you all for the insight and support! This forum is great.
Congratulations!!!

I think I'm the last one to see it yet now. Hopefully any day....

OL1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTLE Black, 2018 JLRU White, 1967 Corvette Converible, 2011 997.2 TTS