Mopar Rear Grab Handles w/ Soft Top

cmstone

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Has anyone installed the mopar rear grab handles with a soft top on the JT? It says it's compatible, just not with a power soft top, but the soft top bracket is in the way? Am I doing this wrong?
Sponsored

BJR

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 2020
I have the same question with the the Mopar Rear Grab Handles (Part Number : 82215524AB) that i purchased.

The Part Description states: "Grab Handles attach to the sport bar along the second row seats. The Grab Handles are made of steel with a sculpted overmold to fit your hand. The kit includes two Grab Handles. Fits vehicles equipped with either a hard top, soft top, or Mopar's Sun Bonnets, but does not fit vehicles equipped with the power soft top."

I do not have a power soft top but i do have a soft top. The rear brace/bracket for the soft top is in the way of the rear brace/bracket of the rear grab handle.

jeremiahd

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I have the same question with the the Mopar Rear Grab Handles (Part Number : 82215524AB) that i purchased.

The Part Description states: "Grab Handles attach to the sport bar along the second row seats. The Grab Handles are made of steel with a sculpted overmold to fit your hand. The kit includes two Grab Handles. Fits vehicles equipped with either a hard top, soft top, or Mopar's Sun Bonnets, but does not fit vehicles equipped with the power soft top."

I do not have a power soft top but i do have a soft top. The rear brace/bracket for the soft top is in the way of the rear brace/bracket of the rear grab handle.
I just encountered the same problem. Do you think it would work to loosen the soft top bracket enough to slip the grab handle bracket under it and then tighten the soft top bracket down again?

BJR

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 2020
I just encountered the same problem. Do you think it would work to loosen the soft top bracket enough to slip the grab handle bracket under it and then tighten the soft top bracket down again?
I thought the same but it didn't look like it would work with the current hardware and i didn't want to mess around. i have not found anyone that has used them with a soft top, so i just returned them and got a cheep set for now on Amazon for $20.

guntrust

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LawNews.TV
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
something legal
I tried to get these handles to work with the sun bonnet and gave up, returning to Amazon. The tiny slit they make in the sun bonnet is not large enough to do anything--even if i could figure it out it's definitely too much hassle.

Sponsored

pacificoflyr

First Name
Tank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Has anyone found a solution for the Mopar handles? I just installed the fronts, but I am having the same issue for the rears...

rborgers

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I picked up a set of grab handles at the dealership and when they didn't fit I took them back. A couple of the mechanics and the parts manager went out and looked at them and agreed they didn't fit. I asked them about putting them under the soft top bracket and they thought that would lead to problems with the top not seating as far down as it is supposed to.

pacificoflyr

First Name
Tank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I picked up a set of grab handles at the dealership and when they didn't fit I took them back. A couple of the mechanics and the parts manager went out and looked at them and agreed they didn't fit. I asked them about putting them under the soft top bracket and they thought that would lead to problems with the top not seating as far down as it is supposed to.
Thanks for the update. I am not going to install the rear ones for now.

theMrE

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I had the same issue with the Sun Bonnet and rear handles. Purchased the mesh version of the Mopar Bonnet and the handle holes lined up perfectly. Dealer returned the vinyl top and we are waiting to see if they release a new part number hoping they fix the alignment of the holes in the rear.

Sponsored

cavalosjr

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Has anyone installed the mopar rear grab handles with a soft top on the JT? It says it's compatible, just not with a power soft top, but the soft top bracket is in the way? Am I doing this wrong?
I just tried to install mine and had the same problem. The support bracket for the soft top is in the way. I hope the dealership allows a return. Mopar should either modify the handle attachment or put in a note that it is not compatible with soft top.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Yep same they told me they would fit with the soft top but they won't had to remove them. Anyone found any aftermarket versions that might work

Todd Fourmy

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT gladiator
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Has anyone found a solution for the Mopar handles? I just installed the fronts, but I am having the same issue for the rears...
I had the same issue. My top is a sunrider factory top and the dealership sold me some jeep grab handles. the ones for the rear will not work, tech even wanted to loosen the top mechanism and slip the metal under, it doesn't work and will displace the corner frame of the top. I returned them and got the rear set with buckles. The handles are pretty close to the Jeep front ones.
Sponsored