Sponsored

Drive a Gladiator for only 1 year and sell - how much will it cost me?

OP
OP

Eddiehaskell

Banned
Banned
First Name
Greggory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I think most of us spend 8,500 in mods a year lol.....then another 8500 in gas haha
My $8500/year mod budget is buying a new car every year. Can your modded car keep up with my new car?

How long until my constantly new car just flat out becomes “better” *overall* than your well loved, washed, waxed, babied, modded vehicle that you buy with plans of owning 10 years?

I just want to drive a lot of cars...and I’m willing to spend X amount of money to do it.

I’ll also consider letting one of the magazines pay me $8500/year to write long term reviews on new cars....maybe 2 or 3 per year. I’ll give them a cool score.
Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Just signed in . . . 14 alerts . . . then I happen to see this thread . . . 1st reaction was this > >
:puke: . . . then :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: . . . then wondering WHY my fellow members aren't :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: at the "ridiculousness" of the premiss . . . and then I realized, after looking at the 'OP's' "name" -- EddieHaskell -- Ringing any "bells" for the Old-Timers ? Vintage, 'Leave it To Beaver' fans ? Beavers 'arch-nemisis' and "friend" of The Beav's older brother ! A Real Douch-Bag as we used to call him (at my house)!
I'm having difficulty seeing the thread at Page 4 . . . ? Unless of course we all are simply "enjoying" the camaraderie & Fun at the Newbies "expense" ! ? ;) :giggle: :) . . . I'm just gonna sit back, enjoy a few :beer: :beer: :beer: and witness the rest "of the story" . . . chow ! :surprised:

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
My $8500/year mod budget is buying a new car every year. Can your modded car keep up with my new car?

How long until my constantly new car just flat out becomes “better” *overall* than your well loved, washed, waxed, babied, modded vehicle that you buy with plans of owning 10 years?

I just want to drive a lot of cars...and I’m willing to spend X amount of money to do it.

I’ll also consider letting one of the magazines pay me $8500/year to write long term reviews on new cars....maybe 2 or 3 per year. I’ll give them a cool score.

Haha Eddie I I think your in the wrong place buddy......this is a enthusiast forum....the people on forums have a passion and love for there cars.....the point is to discuss that passion...we don't drive our Jeep's and write about wether we should run 30 or 32 inches of tire pressure because we want to flip them in a year. clearly your not a car guy if you don't fall in love with a car like a family member (please don't go near classic or muscle car forums you'll never get it) .....the answer your looking for is yes it will be a good buy as far as depreciation. But I will give you some better advice if you want to drive lots of cars.....I have a friend that pays 500-600$ a month to enterprise and can drive any car he wants any day...even the ultra high end ones...that might even be a better deal for you if you want be a professional test driver.......but when you hear the saying it's a jeep thing over here it's real....but your mindset isn't what we do

OP
OP

Eddiehaskell

Banned
Banned
First Name
Greggory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Haha Eddie I I think your in the wrong place buddy......this is a enthusiast forum....the people on forums have a passion and love for there cars.....the point is to discuss that passion...we don't drive our Jeep's and write about wether we should run 30 or 32 inches of tire pressure because we want to flip them in a year. clearly your not a car guy if you don't fall in love with a car like a family member (please don't go near classic or muscle car forums you'll never get it) .....the answer your looking for is yes it will be a good buy as far as depreciation. But I will give you some better advice if you want to drive lots of cars.....I have a friend that pays 500-600$ a month to enterprise and can drive any car he wants any day...even the ultra high end ones...that might even be a better deal for you if you want be a professional test driver.......but when you hear the saying it's a jeep thing over here it's real....but your mindset isn't what we do
Maybe there’s one I’ll love.

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Kinda like a 'Blowin' in the Wind' copy right infringement . . . :LOL: :clap: . . . shocked am I, never heard that one . . . must of been living under a rock at the time !? What era was that tune? Been a while 5JeepsAz . . . how's it hanging'? How long you had the Vintage Glad. ? Alls well & running good ? I'm still "pondering the future" of civilization and other such shortcomings !? I did notice the "Hot" Kitty-Kat and the HARD Kat-NIP(s) photo - was that the "outtake shot of Farah Fawcett, back in the day ? Don't shock us all and say NO, that's my wife! ! ! :giggle: :angel: ;)

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Why not just rent cars until you find one you fall in love with? Take them for a week apiece and enjoy.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
This really feels like a troll post but I’ll play along. I’m 39 and if I woke up tomorrow unwilling or unable to, work stoppage would be ok. I have no plans to retire before 55 or so because I have no idea what I would do with all the extra time.

If I was after a “fun life” of owning say 30 cars over 30 years, I’d build out a badass Jeep that is essentially timeless and drive it for the next 5 years. At that point I believe electric cars are going to start selling big time and smashing used ICE vehicle prices. Then I’d buy an electric I love (that will last forever essentially), keep the Jeep then enjoy buying super cheap gas cars whenever the urge hits. If you buy the right ones and don’t drive them much, in 20 years, they’ll be classics bringing as much or more than invested in every case. if you’ve got enough money build a steel building and see if I’m right. In choosing the right vehicles you may very well be up $200k which is at least a $500k swing compared to your strategy.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Kinda like a 'Blowin' in the Wind' copy right infringement . . . :LOL: :clap: . . . shocked am I, never heard that one . . . must of been living under a rock at the time !? What era was that tune? Been a while 5JeepsAz . . . how's it hanging'? How long you had the Vintage Glad. ? Alls well & running good ? I'm still "pondering the future" of civilization and other such shortcomings !? I did notice the "Hot" Kitty-Kat and the HARD Kat-NIP(s) photo - was that the "outtake shot of Farah Fawcett, back in the day ? Don't shock us all and say NO, that's my wife! ! ! :giggle: :angel: ;)
Long time! He's got some great songs, that not being one, sort of like this thread. All good here. My wife, although beautiful, not pictured. Truck works and drivable but getting brakes and a/c. Parts are miraculous process. Bartering?! No baloney. Parts hunt on vintage automobile defaults to barter system. Lol. So... Ponderings? On what... Fish?

Sponsored

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe there’s one I’ll love.
Car life really is the same as women and I definitely explore your tactics when it comes to dating ...I try to keep finding a new one every year but finding one you love makes it hard to let go....plus some perform much better than others and some do more for you and some give you all kinds of problems...but be carful you might lose half on a trade in

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Car life really is the same as women and I definitely explore your tactics when it comes to dating ...I try to keep finding a new one every year but finding one you love makes it hard to let go....plus some perform much better than others and some do more for you and some give you all kinds of problems...but be carful you might lose half on a trade in
And even when you've fallen in love and committed, there's always a new model that catches your eye and tempts you...

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yupppp all the time! ......"dam that's sexy....but I have put so much time and effort into mine it just isn't worth it"
And even when you've fallen in love and committed, there's always a new model that catches your eye and tempts you...

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Long time! He's got some great songs, that not being one, sort of like this thread. All good here. My wife, although beautiful, not pictured. Truck works and drivable but getting brakes and a/c. Parts are miraculous process. Bartering?! No baloney. Parts hunt on vintage automobile defaults to barter system. Lol. So... Ponderings? On what... Fish?
Well I'm glad(iator) glad you took no offense to my unnecessary wife-silliness. Bartering, a long lost "art" is a good thing . . . I try to "get away with" it just about every time I opt for a motel or anything really, that the price isn't necessarily "written in stone" ! Heck buying a New Vehicle is that way for ALL of US, yes? Pondering's you ask . . . didn't quite agree on the Civilization thing? Actually I do . . . on that, in a Humanity sort of way+ . FISH Pondering? ALWAYS . . . well not so much the fish, but rather, were the next fish-hunt trip will take me . 2020's trip (2 actually) are planned and "ready to go," THEN, the "Fine Details" for Planned Trip Begin at my leisure, thru the winter !
Funny, I just got back my latest LAB (blood) work results . In the mail this time, as I had to cancel my Oncologist-review of appt. - sick as a "dog?" Flu-like symptoms going on 10 days now . My immune system must really be "up-to-snuff" good, cause I'm actually feeling better AND though the results are still not "perfect," the Important #'s - Kappa & Lambda and the Ratio of them have once again swung more in my favor this go-round . Still a bit high on the Lambda, but the Kappa has fallen within specs, this time . To much to take it ? Sorry, I'm not afraid to share . . . LIFE is still GOOD . . . as long as the (Fly) Fishing is too ! PASSION for something is a healer . . . don't you think ? Same goes for Laughter . . . good camaraderie, fun times with new and fun people . . . what more is there ? Oh yea good food !
What you want more pondering's ? OK You've seen me here there and about the JEEP Forums because once again I find myself "pondering" getting a Sport S Glad - even with its Shortcomings I've mentioned many a time, a while ago ! Wouldn't it be grand IF I could hold out another 12 months and find they've decided to power-up that rear slider or shorten the cabin enough to make the Bed into a 5'7" gem, and in the process improve the departure angle ? No, won't hold my breath . If this merger is allowed to take place . . . might have to learn some "French" in order to read the "moron" Window Sticker !? I already know a tiny bit of Italian, otherwise I'd mention it too !
Had enough ? Good, me too . . . time for a NAP, this "bug" has me worn out . ;) :)

sirphenergan

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 2018 Jeep Compass Limited, 2020 Sting-Gray Rubicon Gladiator
Why don’t you go to swapalease.com and pick up a lease with 10-14 months left on it and then turn it in. You can find some pretty good deals for relatively inexpensive monthly payments. If you like it, buy it at the end or just turn it in and start looking for a new one a month or two from the deadline.
Sponsored