First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electrician
I posted this response on a loose steering thread in "issues and repairs " but it got over looked and not caught on by anyone
So I'm posting a separate thread.
I have the loose steering on my JTR all stock since taking delivery in late September, immediately found tire pressures way to high 41psi currently Ive aired down to 31psi cold and it alone helps but still something loose and not right but much better.

I was reading online about this issue and found something about steering sensors and traction control, so I shut off traction control and took me a little while to decide if in fact it changed any thing and now I am completely convinced its made a world of difference and drives the way a jeep should drive with its type of suspension components. When I aired down the tires originally the only time it effected me was on the highway and now on the highway it doesn't anymore!
If anyone is experiencing these issues and dealers are not doing anything to help us you have nothing to lose by trying this and if it
does in fact work then maybe the fix is in the steering sensors and not what others are thinking and maybe it can help narrow it down
Sponsored

Scottdip

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
I feel the same way, unfortunately my dealer doesn't agree.

Whiplash2130

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F450, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Guy
I posted this response on a loose steering thread in "issues and repairs " but it got over looked and not caught on by anyone
So I'm posting a separate thread.
I have the loose steering on my JTR all stock since taking delivery in late September, immediately found tire pressures way to high 41psi currently Ive aired down to 31psi cold and it alone helps but still something loose and not right but much better.

I was reading online about this issue and found something about steering sensors and traction control, so I shut off traction control and took me a little while to decide if in fact it changed any thing and now I am completely convinced its made a world of difference and drives the way a jeep should drive with its type of suspension components. When I aired down the tires originally the only time it effected me was on the highway and now on the highway it doesn't anymore!
If anyone is experiencing these issues and dealers are not doing anything to help us you have nothing to lose by trying this and if it
does in fact work then maybe the fix is in the steering sensors and not what others are thinking and maybe it can help narrow it down
I’ll check mine and repost.

the-dude-abides

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020
I turned it off and on going down the interstate the other day after reading about it in another thread.

Sorry to say it made no difference to me. Try pushing it a few times to forget whether it's disabled or enabled. Don't cheat by looking down. Now drive as usual and push the button again and see if there's a difference. Then again, and again. Try to guess which is traction control disabled.

Maybe my issue isn't the same as yours. But my suspicion is a bit of butt dyno placebo effect going on if you feel a difference.

That's just like, my opinion, man.

FL Handle Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi
I noticed a difference in the effort it takes to turn the wheel with t/c off. It seems to lower the amount of assist you receive, I did notice about a 1/2" difference in play before the tires turn.

Perhaps we have different software versions?

Sponsored

4esop

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Software Engineer
I have mentioned this a few times in the other threads. I definitely see an effect with traction control off. I'm not necessarily comfortable driving with it off though as who knows what else it screws up. One new piece of info that I just noticed is that I have a high pitched whine that comes from my steering. When I get near a brick wall or in a tunnel I can hear a high pitched whine. And when I turn my wheels I hear the whine changing pitch all over the place and then settling back down once I stop moving the wheel. What I'm seeing with mine right now is that the loose steering comes and goes. Sometimes, like last night, I could feel it on a side road at 35-45. But then today it wasn't there at all.

BeeYoBe

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I tried the traction control thing this morning. It didn't make a difference at all on mine. Same loose/dead spot in the steering no matter what.

OP
OP
deadbug

deadbug

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electrician
I have mentioned this a few times in the other threads. I definitely see an effect with traction control off. I'm not necessarily comfortable driving with it off though as who knows what else it screws up. One new piece of info that I just noticed is that I have a high pitched whine that comes from my steering. When I get near a brick wall or in a tunnel I can hear a high pitched whine. And when I turn my wheels I hear the whine changing pitch all over the place and then settling back down once I stop moving the wheel. What I'm seeing with mine right now is that the loose steering comes and goes. Sometimes, like last night, I could feel it on a side road at 35-45. But then today it wasn't there at all.
After further review it does not infact fix it I guess it was just wishful thinking

Stickyteflon

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2015 Cherokee Trail Hawk, 2019 MX5 RF GTS
Vehicle Showcase
Gonna try this next time out... I’ll report back.

Stickyteflon

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2015 Cherokee Trail Hawk, 2019 MX5 RF GTS
Vehicle Showcase
Gonna try this next time out... I’ll report back.
didn’t make a difference as far as I could tell. So far settling cold psi to 34 has helped the most. Btw. I month old JTR.

Sponsored

Deleted member 34323

regarding noises, My 2020 Glad makes a high pitch noise between 40-50 mph. under and over mph, quiet. Not sure if its the tranny or transfer case? Anybody have this same issue? Thank you, Gary

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
@gameling I would suggest starting a new thread on your topic of interest.

This thread is about an issue that has been resolved with a hardware upgrade.

regarding noises, My 2020 Glad makes a high pitch noise between 40-50 mph. under and over mph, quiet. Not sure if its the tranny or transfer case? Anybody have this same issue? Thank you, Gary

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
Problem fixed with the TSB. 100% improvement .
Sponsored