OP

Dan.con99

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I got them online from Rusty's Off-Road. They don't come with any instructions but they are pretty easy to install, 15 minutes each side. There are already holes for the two smaller bolts, you need to pull the arm out of the way to install the first one. Also you don't need to get a wrench up behind there to tighten them, they way the nut fits on the back side it wedges it in place.

https://www.rustysoffroad.com/jeep-...-arm-frame-side-skid-plates-jt-gladiator.html

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Going to install mine. Paint is drying on them now. Did you do this wheels on the ground?
I'd assume block rear wheels to prevent movement and it can be done on the ground.

Thanks!!

Axeman

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Auto Tech
Going to install mine. Paint is drying on them now. Did you do this wheels on the ground?
I'd assume block rear wheels to prevent movement and it can be done on the ground.

Thanks!!
I did mine wheels on the ground. The CA stayed still on the first side, but moved slightly on the other side. Had to use a ratchet strap around the axle and forward to the frame to pull the axle back into alignment for the CA bolt. Still an easy job.

Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Use your wheel chocks to adjust the arm position. Way too much trouble using a ratchet strap. Arm too far away? Push to the front, chock the rear of the rear wheel. Arm too close? Push to the back, chock the front of the wheel. Takes <30 min.

Thanks!!

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I will chock before I pull bolts. :)

Use your wheel chocks to adjust the arm position. Way too much trouble using a ratchet strap. Arm too far away? Push to the front, chock the rear of the rear wheel. Arm too close? Push to the back, chock the front of the wheel. Takes <30 min.

MMMII

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Redfin - Real Estate Consultant
I will chock before I pull bolts.
Hey @DocMike…. How did your install go? I’m about to hit the buy button on these today.

Last edited:

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
Have not done it yet. Been out of town. Will let you know if the holes line up. Getting 4.88 tomorrow. Then hopefully throw them on after.

Hey @DocMike…. How did your install go? I’m about to hit the buy button these today.
Sponsored