First Name
Lex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK, 2020 JTR
Occupation
Film Editor
Holy nutz those are sweet, but man they are expensive! Imo gonna need to apply for a non-joint credit card for some of these accessories.
I call it "the Ghost Card" No statements. Nothing to track. :bandit: packages show up, "they cost less than $50" :giggle: "paid it with my paypal balance"

Nothing to see here.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubion "LE"
Here is my LE with mopar 2” lift and 35” KO2. From ground to roof measures in at 75.5in or 6’3”.

I love the 35 but hate the gap :(. Sooooo I just ordered 37” RGs to go with my new Icon titanium Rebounds 17x 8.5 w/4.5” Back spacing

C9965700-847E-4893-AA4F-90BA23385758.jpeg

4E82F36C-9B83-4229-92C2-C6FEC31CDF9C.jpeg

FL Handle Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi
I love the 35 but hate the gap :(. Sooooo I just ordered 37” RGs to go with my new Icon titanium Rebounds 17x 8.5 w/4.5” Back spacing
You'll love the wheels, I love mine. The back spacing is just aggressive enough without looking like a bro dozer.
You will need to get smaller diameter lug nuts though. I am not sure what the size was, my tire shop got them from their distributer for 2 bucks a piece.

IMG_20191010_084737.jpg

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubion "LE"
You'll love the wheels, I love mine. The back spacing is just aggressive enough without looking like a bro dozer.
You will need to get smaller diameter lug nuts though. I am not sure what the size was, my tire shop got them from their distributer for 2 bucks a piece.

IMG_20191010_084737.jpg
That looks so goooooooddddd!!!

ahhh I can’t wait!!!

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
It's funny how some things are different. I had an Explorer Sport Trac a while ago. Everyone wanted to get the largest tires to fill the gap. That was what many truck folks did. Then when I got my JKU, the preference is a larger lift and flat fenders in order to increase the gap. The point being to allow for maximum articulation without rubbing when your sway bars are disconnected.

I hear people talking about "roller skate" or too big a gap. However, I think the opposite. I need more gap for better articulated clearance.

I'm looking at Joker4L's pictures just a couple of posts above and I think it is absolutely perfect and that there will be no clearance issues. I see others with 37's with no lift and think that they don't offroad much. Which is totally fine. There is not just one way to customize the Gladiator.

Just amused at the different trends

Sponsored

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
It's funny how some things are different. I had an Explorer Sport Trac a while ago. Everyone wanted to get the largest tires to fill the gap. That was what many truck folks did. Then when I got my JKU, the preference is a larger lift and flat fenders in order to increase the gap. The point being to allow for maximum articulation without rubbing when your sway bars are disconnected.

I hear people talking about "roller skate" or too big a gap. However, I think the opposite. I need more gap for better articulated clearance.

I'm looking at Joker4L's pictures just a couple of posts above and I think it is absolutely perfect and that there will be no clearance issues. I see others with 37's with no lift and think that they don't offroad much. Which is totally fine. There is not just one way to customize the Gladiator.

Just amused at the different trends
Mind the Gap

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fjoshlinkner%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F02%2FMind-The-Gap4.jpg

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
What you see and how a suspension/build is done are two completely different things. Prior to the days of the JL/JT just throw on 35s with no lift there was a lot more thought that had to go into building a rig. There is a lot of merit to rigs with less up-travel than down travel and most of that goes with the LCG build theory (Low center of gravity). So don't be fooled because the "gap" isn't what you think it should be. With the proper suspension and bump stops that gap might be exactly what that rig was built for. Just saying what you see isn't always what you get.

In fact the progressive rate coil springs you see that are all the rage came from this thought process. Those coil springs typically have built in spring bind at ride height. Which means coils that are (or almost are) completely compressed at ride height. But as the axle drops away the expand and help to push the axle down.