Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
General wheel question for the forum. Are people replacing the steel rim under the bed when upsizing tires? Trying to understand if I should be budgeting for 4 or 5 rims. Thanks.
I picked up a used 18” rim for $50 with a tire at the same store I purchased the 4 new tires. So, all 5 rims are the same wheel size but my spare tire is slightly smaller. Ok for an emergency. I will keep an eye out for a tire that matches.
Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
How much is invested in the bed slide? I’m thinking I can build something similar for $500 in materials. I also like the fire bottle mount. Info?
Fire extinguisher mount —> AMI Seat Back Fire Extinguisher Holder, Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator, Toyota Tacoma/4Runner, by Atomic Monkey Industries https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R6P3PJZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_gVs1Db194RTQS

The Bedside offers two models, one black and one aluminum. The black like mine was about $1,350 shipped and the aluminum is around $1,150.

https://www.bedslide.com/

kstine98

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Sport S max tow
Took delivery with MOPAR lift, Fuel wheels and 35” tires.

Next up, new front bumper and upper decker!

E62663C6-85A1-4897-9E18-E0801A7AD0DA.jpeg

Sponsored

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
General wheel question for the forum. Are people replacing the steel rim under the bed when upsizing tires? Trying to understand if I should be budgeting for 4 or 5 rims. Thanks.
I have a full set (5) tires and rims not worth the hassle to me. If you have a rubi - not even a question

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Added the mopar/fox 2.0 steering stabilizer

noticeable diff on the road. A lot less steering corrections

was very surprised in the lack of resistance in the factory unit
cost/link?

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Almost forgot to post; bringing daytime to nighttime...
73AE9AE2-9F79-497B-BF20-C2D2B9E3A441.jpeg
i like that side light. also I like your style, some parts name brand expensive, others not so much. i got the RC lights too. not as nice as Rigid, but the wallet likes it. Also saw the latest youtube video, only able to watch part of it so far, will finish tonight!

Sponsored

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Installed a Bushwacker Stone Guard (Part No. 14093). Texture/finish match nicely with the fenders. Standard double sided tape, so no drilling or bolts required.
Rock Bug Deflector.png
Looks like it fits great, without any gaps. Thanks for the pic! I may have to get one of these

Jmospider

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
I have a full set (5) tires and rims not worth the hassle to me. If you have a rubi - not even a question
Thanks. Just to clarify, not a question for a Rubicon because of the higher lift? Was planning on 35’s with no addl lift on my Rubicon.

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. Just to clarify, not a question for a Rubicon because of the higher lift? Was planning on 35’s with no addl lift on my Rubicon.
It was more to do with axles and lockers - which rubi has - Are you going to use steel wheel and a matching tire or just keep the stock spare - which would be usable but not optimal

Jmospider

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
It was more to do with axles and lockers - which rubi has - Are you going to use steel wheel and a matching tire or just keep the stock spare - which would be usable but not optimal
Got it. I was questioning putting a 35 on the steel wheel instead of buying a 5th wheel, but really only if there would be good reason not to put a nice wheel under the bed since it would likely have a different offset.

Strider62

First Name
C.B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5; Gladiator Overland
I kept the factory steel rim for the spare.
Sponsored