Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My wife will have a cow and really chew on the sales guy if our blue Overland comes with red dash. We looked at a blue on the lot and it was not a red dash although I don't recall the trim level.
We ordered a really loaded Overland in blue - and the ones we looked at one the lot didn't have read. so if this one comes in red I bet she refuses it and forfeits the hundred bucks she put down. I can hear her now............
I don't mind the stitching and she won't either - that's minor, that's "trim" a fraction of a percent of the whole dash square footage - but the face? Naw, she'll refuse it.
Sponsored

DamonC64

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon
My wife will have a cow and really chew on the sales guy if our blue Overland comes with red dash. We looked at a blue on the lot and it was not a red dash although I don't recall the trim level.
We ordered a really loaded Overland in blue - and the ones we looked at one the lot didn't have read. so if this one comes in red I bet she refuses it and forfeits the hundred bucks she put down. I can hear her now............
I don't mind the stitching and she won't either - that's minor, that's "trim" a fraction of a percent of the whole dash square footage - but the face? Naw, she'll refuse it.
The red dash is only on the Rubicon.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I was hoping that based on the fact I only saw red mentioned in connection with Rubicon.
I'd frankly not mind if it wasn't what I personally consider a cheap looking red. If it was more of an aluminum look, a brighter red, but I see it sort of follows the "red" (I consider more of a deep orange) that is in my son's Compass stitching. He LOVES it. I think part of the debate is younger vs. older folks - my son loves it, he was just giddy about that trim in his Compass - while older folks went more for the other colors. He actually wanted the orange and black body color but he wanted one NOW and they didn't have one.
Anyway, personally, I think their choice of finish looks cheap, it's not a natural looking red.
Obviously I don't mind red otherwise, my SX4 is as red as it gets (with black trim behind a sport version).

DamonC64

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon
Seeing pictures posted of the J6 again at the SEMA show last week made me think of this thread again. If the designers really thought the red dash looked good why didn't they include it in the J6? Elementary dear Watson!

Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-11.jpg

OP
OP
NateKY

NateKY

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sarge Green
Occupation
Department of the Army Civilian
Seeing pictures posted of the J6 again at the SEMA show last week made me think of this thread again. If the designers really thought the red dash looked good why didn't they include it in the J6? Elementary dear Watson!

Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-11.jpg
That is awesome. I can’t buy until the second week of December. I will travel and get either a blue or pumpkin with a grey dash. There are several still out there.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NateKY

NateKY

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I’ve seen several Hydro Blue with the red, but that is the first Pumpkin with red for me. Uglier than I imagined. I’m working a deal currently on a Hydro with grey dash. Not many of them left out there in my price range.

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, '21 JLU 80th | Past '20 JTR, '18 JLUR
I ordered mine a couple weeks ago and the build sheet shows the grey dash instead of red. We will see what color the dash is when it arrives at the dealership.

OP
OP
NateKY

NateKY

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I ordered mine a couple weeks ago and the build sheet shows the grey dash instead of red. We will see what color the dash is when it arrives at the dealership.
I’ve never seen the actual dash color on the build sheet before so I want to follow this. I’m working on a deal now on a grey dash in Michigan. 7 hour drive for me but I don’t want leather either. Lol

Sponsored

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve never seen the actual dash color on the build sheet before so I want to follow this. I’m working on a deal now on a grey dash in Michigan. 7 hour drive for me but I don’t want leather either. Lol
This is on the build sheet:
  • * Silver Platinum I/P Bezels
Side note, my dealer accidentially ordered 2 of my Jeep so if it comes with the grey dash there will be one available.

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's not referring to the dash. Just the instrument bezels.
Not sure you are correct in your assumption, long back story but the below is on my other order that just arrived at the dealership and has red dash panels.

Redical" Instrument Panel Bezels

xpcdoojk

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes SLK300 MINI Cooper S Volvo XC40
We drove a Red Rubicon Saturday, with Saddle leather seats and the dash was grey.

I ordered a Gobi Rubicon, and I am pressuring my sales person to make sure it is grey. Someone here told me black cloth seats in a Rubicon means red dash.... We shall see. The grey would probably look better in my Jeep, but I want the red.

JC

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We drove a Red Rubicon Saturday, with Saddle leather seats and the dash was grey.

I ordered a Gobi Rubicon, and I am pressuring my sales person to make sure it is grey. Someone here told me black cloth seats in a Rubicon means red dash.... We shall see. The grey would probably look better in my Jeep, but I want the red.

JC

Tan interior comes with grey dash. On the JL's the dash color was determined by the exterior color and/or interior color, cloth or leather should be no difference. I thought I read that FCA has changed this and all exterior colors will come with the red dash unless it has tan interior.

My two orders are basically identical, the build sheet for the one shows the "Redical" dash and came in with the red dash. I am waiting on the second to be delivered, the build sheet for this one shows Silver Platinum dash bezels. The only difference between the two are tires (A/T vs M/T) and one has the hardtop headliner. Both are Hydro blue with black leather.
Sponsored